Will the optimization techniques mentioned in other forums (particularly http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/) work for the Storm? I would like to use some of these techniques during the next OS upgrade.
    12-21-08 09:44 AM
    On my storm I have used a lot of the techniques from the forums. No other languages, no maps, deleted all sample media files. I don't know if my phone is faster because of these tweaks but I don't go below 42mb of application memory and I currently have about 879mb of storage space available

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 10:23 AM
    Trial and error worked for me. Delete applications you don't use - for me VVW, VZW Nav, Help, etc...

Also be sure you are closing apps out by using the Blackberry button>close manner vice the red button.

I've heard deleting history and cache info from the browser can help, but I saw no results doing this.

There are other threads around here that are more exacting than myself I'm sure.
    12-21-08 10:41 AM
    Trial and error worked for me. Delete applications you don't use - for me VVW, VZW Nav, Help, etc...

Also be sure you are closing apps out by using the Blackberry button>close manner vice the red button.

I've heard deleting history and cache info from the browser can help, but I saw no results doing this.

There are other threads around here that are more exacting than myself I'm sure.
    I've deleted everything that I don't use (still debating on deleting VZW app center, e-mail setup since I'm on BES, and Docs-to-go). I definitely close out all my apps using the escape button and I check my running apps all the time. I also enabled the memory cleaning feature to run every 30 minutes.

Just to be clear, I'm not asking how to optimize because I am having issues with the OS (although there are a few lags). I am just interested in making my device work as best as possible.
    12-21-08 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD