Hey guys/gals,
    I just want to get an idea about battery only with the new leak before I decide to install. I'm only interested in battery findings here, so if you could keep the thread to just battery that would be great.
    05-20-09 10:30 PM
    Same as the other recent builds so far for me. Minimal voice useage (20-40 min) and 75-200 msgs and a couple hours of browsing = 25-40%/day drain.
    05-20-09 10:33 PM
    mine has been great so far...55% remaining after a day of a little more than typical use, appx 200 msgs, about an hour talk, probably 50 emails and some web but limited web
    05-20-09 10:37 PM
    Alright, thanks for the heads up. I have a feeling its going to be like .141. I've been running the .141/5.0 hybrid and my battery is dead before 10pm most days. Kinda stinks b/c I'm not running a lot in the background ever.
    05-20-09 10:41 PM
    In the last 3 hours I have dropped about 3%. So thats not too shabby. I think before this truely can be answered we need to let the OS settle on the phones for a few days.

After a few days folks will definately be pulling some Meterberry tracking records that can be compared to the 141/5.0 and 132 builds.
    05-20-09 10:43 PM
    In the last 3 hours I have dropped about 3%. So thats not too shabby. I think before this truely can be answered we need to let the OS settle on the phones for a few days.

After a few days folks will definately be pulling some Meterberry tracking records that can be compared to the 141/5.0 and 132 builds.
    Good point. I didnt think I was going to get a great idea right off the bat when I posted, but I figured a thread devoted entirely to battery would be a good idea considering the findings thread is gigantic and scattered.
    05-20-09 10:49 PM
    In about 4 hours I went to 96% omg that is ridiculous compared to 141! Lovin this build. Btw I did shrink it tho

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 10:51 PM
    My batt indicator was acting wacky this morning, as was the signal bar...Even after a good charge, 10 minutes later down a 1/3rd. A battery pull/charge same thing. I pulled the batt again and left it out for 15 minutes, it's been good since. Not sure why but I think it was a false reading on both the batt and signal strength, the extended batt pull seemed to take care of it. It's run smoothly today. I'm not convinved it's any better than ,132 but 132 was good so...I do think we need more time to get a feel for it.
    05-20-09 10:58 PM
    So far so good. I unplugged at 11am and with pretty decent phone and browser use, I'm at 72% 10 hours later.
    05-20-09 11:02 PM
    My batt indicator was acting wacky this morning, as was the signal bar...Even after a good charge, 10 minutes later down a 1/3rd. A battery pull/charge same thing. I pulled the batt again and left it out for 15 minutes, it's been good since. Not sure why but I think it was a false reading on both the batt and signal strength, the extended batt pull seemed to take care of it. It's run smoothly today. I'm not convinved it's any better than ,132 but 132 was good so...I do think we need more time to get a feel for it.
    I believe after an os upgrade ur supposed to let the batt go thru its cycle and "learn" the levels again...

05-20-09 11:55 PM
    O o let me!
    Upgraded wednesday night with a pretty dead battery.
    Meter berry claims previous builds to dran at about 6-7% an hour.
    Myphone was charged al night and have been using it since 2:30 its now 1 am Thursday.
    I use my phone heavily and as of right now have 65% left.
    Meterberry claiming about 3-4% drain an hour.

I don't know what has changed but my battery life has vastly improved!

05-21-09 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD