So, if I'm reading all the previous posts right, OperaMini on the Storm won't display java, but the OEM BB Browser will? If that is true, looks like I'll be having to use both browsers (once my Storm arrives). I know you can do multiple pages on OperaMini (right?), can this be done on the OEM Browser??
    11-27-08 02:36 PM
    My biggest issue with the bb browser is the tap zoom. When I am trying to select a link touching the screen causes it to zoom all too often. If they could turn that off on options so I can use just the zoom buttons that would be great. Speed is the real killer however.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 02:40 PM
    I like the speed of the Opera browser, but until they make it work with the clickable screen, I'll stick with the native browser.

Yeah that's about my evaluation. The speed of Opera is off the hook.
    11-27-08 02:47 PM
    So does anyone know how to set Opera as default browser when opening links from an email. I would love for all my links that are open from Viigo or messages to open in Opera.

Also, is Flash available for either browsers? I haven't even researched it yet, but figured someone already knows.
    11-27-08 03:30 PM
    I am new to Blackberry so this question may sound dumb but if I DL Opera can I still use the BB browser and switch to Opera whenever I want?
    11-27-08 06:57 PM
    Really the big OM pluses I see is the 100mg media Dl capacity and some heavy graphic
    Pages render. Overall the BB browser has come a loooong way in the last year...

11-27-08 07:04 PM
    I am patiently waiting for skyfire to release a version for the storm. I've played with opera but I guess i just got used to the skyfire on the palm treo I had before. So I prefer the BB OEM browser over opera.
    11-27-08 07:12 PM
    I have switched to Opera because I find it easier.

Crucial: Any clues as to what settings you are using that could make the BB Browser work better? I have been having no luck with it, especially when trying to load full HTML sites such as United.com and trying to track a flight.
    I'm like you on this one. I tried Detla.com to check for an alternate flight and it came up with this tiny A** box that I could barely see and I had no way of navigating around the page. This is using the either the BB or IE as an emulated page. I try loading a newspaper site I read often and it takes FOR EVERRRR!!!! Even loading this page takes a zillion seconds it seems.

I'd love not to have to download a 3rd party browser, but no flash and slow rendering is killing me.
    11-27-08 10:17 PM
    no mobile browser does flash.
    and turning the picture quality down does help.

At this point, I can't use a browser that doesn't support touch selection and zoom.
    11-27-08 10:31 PM
    I've said before I think it's just as good, if not better.
    lol hahaha
    12-09-08 03:10 PM
    I've begun to use Opera more often. Granted... I wish there was a way that I could use Opera to links that i get in emails, facebook, myspace and all... it suits me when i want to see what it'd look like on a normal computer.

To solve the keyboard problem I made the left convienence key "Virtual Keyboard" so I can control it whenever I needed it.

Only websites I go to really are CB, Facebook, MTO, BOA, and a couple others. The speed dial helps when I need it to.
    12-09-08 03:17 PM
    I like the speed of the Opera browser, but until they make it work with the clickable screen, I'll stick with the native browser.

the BIG dagger in the application as a whole.
    12-09-08 03:19 PM
    Does enabled JavaScript make the Storm's browser even slower?
    12-09-08 03:29 PM
    I posted this in another thread, but I thought I should repeat it here:
    FYI:
    Opera Mini is fast because it caches the pages you look at and then sends you down-sized versions of the graphics. This is fine, unless you are doing something "secure" on your phone, such as your banking website, paypal, etc.
    Most people don't know that when using Opera Mini on https sites does NOT give you the end-to-end encryption that you get with a normal browser.
    Read about it on the opera FAQ (I can't post a URL yet because I don't have enough posts).
    It doesn't mean you shouldn't use it, but you should def be aware of it.
    12-09-08 03:48 PM
    Which browser will be a better browser? I have been using Opera for a while on my wifes pearl and my sammy i730, so opera has been best browser i have had experience with.. Wonder is the oem browser will be better, worse, different?

Any opinions??
    I downloaded OperaMini for my Storm and I think I've found a bug! When trying to type into the address bar, it would not let me switch to the numeric keyboard, correction I could switch but it still typed Letters?? Thus, I could not go to the web site I needed to go to!

Chip
    12-09-08 04:03 PM
    Opera Mini all the way. Only prob I have with it is selecting small button, like page three of four on a thread. However I'm sure Opera will code it for the Storm soon.
    12-09-08 04:15 PM
    Wow @ opera not being secure...

Deletes

12-09-08 04:31 PM
    One thing I have observed is that Opera will not play Orb streams (the way I view live TV from my house on my Storm). Orb runs great with the OEM browser.

I think it is just a matter of switching back and forth with whatever browser displays particular sites better.
    01-27-09 12:39 PM
    It's much faster but the pages are either too small to read or one zoom and the page is huge where I'm having to traverse back and forth to the point that it's not worth it. Kind of like the old dumb phones.

Is there some setting I need to change? Thanks
    02-25-09 01:05 PM
    Has anyone determined why, exactly, the BB browser is slower than Opera? Is it because of the click functionality? Is there hope that the BB browser will one day be as fast as Opera?
    02-25-09 01:28 PM
    No way in the world would I use Opera on this device. The native browser is just fine. I prefer it to opera anyday.
    I have to agree.

It's much better than Opera. I wish it would render the way that Bolt does though. Where it doesn't have to keep re-rendering stuff, but I don't have an issue with it.

It's still far and away the best browser for the Storm unless others improve.
    02-25-09 02:14 PM
    Has anyone determined why, exactly, the BB browser is slower than Opera? Is it because of the click functionality? Is there hope that the BB browser will one day be as fast as Opera?

BB browser renders in your phone while opera mini renders in a third party server and then compress and image and send it to your phone hence the fast speed. Opera Mini method also a big security fix since all of your data goes through more than 1 server.
    02-25-09 04:07 PM
    hi guys, I'm new to the Storm, I have the 9530. I went to the Opera site and they don't have a specific download for the Storm, but they do almost every other model.
    The also have a generic download, should I go with that?

Thanks!
    02-25-09 04:08 PM
    hi guys, I'm new to the Storm, I have the 9530. I went to the Opera site and they don't have a specific download for the Storm, but they do almost every other model.
    The also have a generic download, should I go with that?

Thanks!
    Use the OTA apps link in this forum (sticky)
    02-25-09 04:17 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD