I'm sure this is posted somewhere but when I searched for it I got like 7 billion hits...

I went to the Opera Mini page to download and they don't list the storm. Which version are you guys using?
    Thanks!

-L
    12-28-08 01:23 PM
    Go here on your computer internet browser

Opera Mini - Download

type your phone number, etc.
    & it will send you a SMS link you can click on and download from there.

that's what worked for me.
    Hope it helped.
    12-28-08 01:29 PM
    Dude I think he's looking for a storm specific for the storm to work better with the touch screen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 01:47 PM
    opera mini is not meant for the storm as for now. they don't have the click function.
    12-28-08 01:49 PM
    It works fine with mine.

12-28-08 01:53 PM
    Thanks for the help. The link from Ash worked great. I don't love the interface but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
    12-28-08 02:13 PM
    What is Opera Mini? Thanks.
    12-28-08 02:39 PM
    Yeah, id stay away from Opera Mini until they release a ver. for the Storm specifically. The standard browser is actually not too bad.
    12-28-08 02:42 PM
    Although the Opera interface isn't written for the Storm, and it's a little quirky, I love the speed. It seems several times faster than the BB browser.
    12-28-08 04:55 PM
    Unfortunately there are issues with symbols, caps lock and number entry on the storm, let along the issue with not recognizing the clickable screen or being able to zoom. If those three things were fixed, I'd be using it as the default browser. Also, need OS integration support instead of BB browser being used for all links in e-mail etc.

TheWitness
    12-30-08 08:34 PM
    atiently waiting for Skyfire to hurry up and get versions for blackberry:
    12-30-08 08:44 PM
    If I were to download the browser right now, which version should I download since there's no storm version?

12-31-08 03:34 PM

That day will never come. Skyfire is built for Windows Mobile/Symbian. Completely different operating system.
    12-31-08 03:59 PM
    Does opera have any other advantages other than speed? how much faster is it?
    12-31-08 04:23 PM
    What is Opera Mini? Thanks.
    Opera Mini is another web browser. Instead of using the normal Browser that came with the Storm, you can download Opera Mini and use that.

Personally, I don't like the interface that much, I like the normal Storm Browser.
    I will probably get the Firefox browser for the Storm when that is released.
    12-31-08 05:50 PM
    If I were to download the browser right now, which version should I download since there's no storm version?

You would be downloading version 4.2.

12-31-08 06:31 PM
    4.2 is out, and it works, some. But: you are out somewhere, listening to music, surfing, and MAYBE using the VZN Navigator - all at the same time. Plus, you have other active feeds such as AP and WSJ. All is good with the universe. Then: the phone rings and you need to give UPS a tracking number that is in your email, but not in your messages. Duh: You do it ! Then, you get back to being one with the Universe. How ? Good OS and good Browser app. Patience, Opera will get there soon.

The Storm-ready killer app I am waiting for: Vlingo. It will change EVERYTHING!

Doctor Neutron
    12-31-08 06:47 PM
    Does opera have any other advantages other than speed? how much faster is it?
    It's much faster in my personal experience. The reason for this is that Opera Mini renders pages on its servers and then relays the rendered page to the phone. The BB browser actually renders the page on the phone, so it's slower.
    01-02-09 08:12 AM
    I miss SkyFire....I'm unpatiently waiting
    01-02-09 10:18 AM
    I have v 4.2 loaded on my Storm. It works well, a bit quirky as it's not designed for the click screen, but for rendering regular web pages as opposed to mobile pages, I find it much faster and more accurate. I am looking forward to the mobile browser from Mozilla!

01-02-09 10:52 AM
    When the version for the Storm comes out somebody please post that.
    01-02-09 01:28 PM
    Opera is not going to release a Storm-specific version of Opera Mini. That's not how their builds work. What Opera may do is ensure that future versions of Opera Mini for BB include support for the Storm.
    01-02-09 03:19 PM
    Opera is not going to release a Storm-specific version of Opera Mini. That's not how their builds work. What Opera may do is ensure that future versions of Opera Mini for BB include support for the Storm.
    I think in this community, those two are interchangeable.
    01-02-09 04:35 PM
    does anyone know how to make it so when i click my launchers they open with opera mini instead of the BB browser?
    01-03-09 04:44 PM
    4.2 is out, and it works, some. But: you are out somewhere, listening to music, surfing, and MAYBE using the VZN Navigator - all at the same time. Plus, you have other active feeds such as AP and WSJ. All is good with the universe. Then: the phone rings and you need to give UPS a tracking number that is in your email, but not in your messages. Duh: You do it ! Then, you get back to being one with the Universe. How ? Good OS and good Browser app. Patience, Opera will get there soon.

The Storm-ready killer app I am waiting for: Vlingo. It will change EVERYTHING!

Doctor Neutron
    Vlingo works perfect on my Storm.
    01-05-09 04:44 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD