If you have been having problems performing large downloads... Update to .86... Prior to this release I have been unable to download large files... I can now confirm it WORKS!

YAY! Woohooo! Make sure you have your protocol set to HTTP.
    01-12-09 10:52 PM
    Haha really cool.

Another notch in .86's column. I don't have a reason to try it for myself yet, but I'm taking your word for it. I would use Opera Mini, if it wasn't so damn atrociously unfit for the Storm. They need to give that thing a serious update before I'll give up on the original Storm browser.

Firefox team is working on a Storm browser so that should be pretty exciting when it's done.
    01-12-09 10:54 PM
    It is still a little buggy... But if you wait long enough the download will start.
    01-12-09 10:59 PM
    Question... I keep hearing that Firefox is working on a version for the Storm... Where in their mobile Fennec section do they say that?
    01-12-09 11:00 PM
    Question... I keep hearing that Firefox is working on a version for the Storm... Where in their mobile Fennec section do they say that?
    firefox is already one of the broswers
    01-12-09 11:02 PM
    Yeah I think what the opera servers just stream everything through their servers so there is a bit of a delay for downloads...

Fennec isn't released for any phones yet except for some notebooks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 11:04 PM
    firefox is already one of the broswers
    AHH I HATE PEOPLE WHO SAY THIS!!!! Its just a useragent so you can fake the web server into not giving you mobile versions of pages ffs.

01-12-09 11:07 PM
    Wow, thanks evulhotdog for translating. Being a long time computer user I was absolutely confused by what sooks was saying.

I didn't even know how to reply.
    01-12-09 11:14 PM
    Sooks is probably running windows 95 on his storm also.

01-13-09 04:42 AM
    I would definitely like to see fennec come to the storm. Haven't heard anything about it though.

I like opera and all on my storm, but I can't seem to type numbers in the url field. I have to use the BB browser because of that unfortunately.
    01-13-09 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD