So I downloaded opera mini and started using it, so far I prefer BBB because thats what I'm used to. Will opera mini grow on me? Also, is there a way that you can get the keyboard to come up automatically when you click in things like the address bar?
    02-26-09 08:38 PM
    Yes, I believe it will grow on you. I dont know anything about an auto keyboard popup since I dont use the Storm.
    02-26-09 08:55 PM
    The opera mini version that you are currently using isn't compatible with the storm. The current version is for the other BB devices and the click feature doesn't work fully with it yet. Instead the browser thinks of the screen as being strictly a touch screen. As for the keyboard, I just use the swiping motion to display and hide the keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 08:56 PM
    From what I have seen the keyboard has to turned on and off via the bb button. It is faster but I normally use the bb browser.

02-26-09 08:57 PM
    So I downloaded opera mini and started using it, so far I prefer BBB because thats what I'm used to. Will opera mini grow on me? Also, is there a way that you can get the keyboard to come up automatically when you click in things like the address bar?
    Disable auto complete and the kb will come up automatically.

It takes some time to get used to the touch-not-licking, but once you do....I use Opera about 90% of the time, now, on my Storm.
    02-26-09 09:00 PM
    Can u paste a website in opera?

02-26-09 09:01 PM
    The only time I use the BBB anymore is when I hear someone saying how much faster it is after the OS upgrade. I'm always disappointed so I go back to Opera Mini.

I've heard the complaint about the keyboard not coming up automatically many times here. For some reason it always just pops up for me when I need it. When I Tap (not click, opera doesn't work that way) on an address bar, user name area, or any fill in the blank item, it pops up as expected. I never have to swipe. The only thing I can think of is the permissions were not set up correctly. I'm almost positive I let opera set permissions on its own when I downloaded it.

Maybe try reloading it and allow it to do its thing? I'm just tossing out the idea. I can't really say why its not working for so many people.

Edit: Ahhh See Nightfishings answer. Looks like he's (?) on to it.....
    02-26-09 09:10 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions on the keyboard, I've got it working now. A couple more questions, when I type in info. do I always have to hit the bb button twice for it to enter it in? Also, how do I get the low level access thing to quit popping up?
    02-26-09 09:13 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions on the keyboard, I've got it working now. A couple more questions, when I type in info. do I always have to hit the bb button twice for it to enter it in? Also, how do I get the low level access thing to quit popping up?
    Yes, you have to double clutch the BB button to enter what you just typed.

I'm not sure what you mean by low level access.
    02-26-09 09:23 PM
    Everytime I try to go to a site something pops up saying opera mini tried to access a low-level network connection?
    02-26-09 09:35 PM
    It comes up all the time? The "low level access" only comes up once at the very beginning.

02-26-09 09:42 PM
    Yeah, I noticed that after messing around a little more with it, thanks. Well so far it is so much faster than BBB that I'm already starting to like it.
    02-26-09 10:03 PM
    where did u download opera?
    02-27-09 12:32 AM
    where did u download opera?
    Opera Mini | The most popular mobile phone browser in the world
    02-27-09 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD