It may best serve you to do a search before posting anything. If you take offense to getting flamed or ridiculed for posting old news get over it, you didn't search and you get what you get. Although if you took a little bit of time and looked around you will either A. Find the answer you are looking for or B. Have something NEW to post. Either way by taking 5 mins. to search you save yourself a lifetime of ridicule......
    Um you're not a NooB, why did you post this here instead of a more general forum? Nothing in your post is specific to. The Storm.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

11-06-08 12:23 PM
    At least I know others feel the same way, but I agree with what Jenay said

Either choose to help the noobs and answer their repetitive questions, or move on...
    11-06-08 12:26 PM
    I don't understand what this thread has to do with the storm?

To the OP... you may want to bash us noobs in Off-Topic Discussion. Here is the link for you incase you are not able to find it http://forums.crackberry.com/f36/

Great way to welcome new people to the forum by the way.

One last note... Please use the search feature located at the top of the page OP. As others have mentioned, if you had then you would see this is a redundant thread!

EDIT.... DOH Hal1 beat me to the point
    Last edited by Budder; 11-06-08 at 12:29 PM.
    11-06-08 12:26 PM
    Here is a fun one. Do a search for 'wi-fi'. How many relevant posts do you find? The real answer is buried somewhere in all of the threads that have smart a@@ comments about it.

That is because nobody follows the "Golden Rule"...
    Always try to post in an existing thread before creating a new one.
    11-06-08 12:31 PM
    I love Noobs!! Reminds me of the freshmen in college! haha Those were the days.
    11-06-08 12:32 PM
    I have to say the SEARCH function does SUCK.
    I personally use Google to search through forums. I find it much easier, plus you can use the power of google to narrow things down. For instance, if you were looking for this thread, you could go to google and type in:
    site:forums.crackberry.com open letter to noob
    11-06-08 12:35 PM
    I personally use Google to search through forums. I find it much easier, plus you can use the power of google to narrow things down. For instance, if you were looking for this thread, you could go to google and type in:
    That is a good tip. It would also help if the site were to implement "Tagging".
    11-06-08 12:47 PM
    We were all Newbie's once. I think that CrackBerry treats Newbie's with a good deal more respect than many forums. When working with our members, it must be realised that we have a 400 000 cross section of humanity to deal with and within the membership are folk with every temprament and technical ability that you can imagine.

I think that it is kind of natural to post an 'OMG' titled thread when they have just got a new, expensive and unfamilliar BlackBerry phone and it does not work or do what they expect / want.

I too wish that people would
    - search
    - read the 101 Lectures
    - read and immerse themselves in the culture before dumb posting (dream on, Pete)
    - use the Newbies forum
    - read the manual

BEFORE they post OMG or HELP WTF posts. However I undertsand that people are very daunted by the sheer size of Crackberry. When I first joined, I never left the 8100 forum for about a month. I did not know about all the other forums in here.

I use the Search function a lot and have gotten quite good at it. The problem is that, as has been pointed out, searching for 'WiFi' is likely to yield so many responses so as to frighten all but the bravest away. However seraching for "WiFi AT&T" or "WiFi" + failed or not working or any other releevant word helps a lot.

It is also far to easy to dis a Newbie and I have to say that I sometimes tire of hearing that Call Log is lost or what is Standby mode. Some days I just ignore these posts. Ususally I try to help if I can though.

The bottom line is that CrackBerry is just a part of real life and we are just dealing with our fellow humans (even if some of them do have iPhoneys) and normal politeness and communcations skills still apply.

This is a good thread to air some of our frustrations so, Newbies please search first.
    11-06-08 12:48 PM
    It happened again a "new" thread on the telus rock concert/storm launch. But it helped me understand when a person says searched and didn't find anything so......search=front page

11-06-08 01:36 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD