Is this on the phone, i need to know
    Do we have this or is it a embedded graphics chip?
    02-24-09 08:26 PM
    Is this on the phone, i need to know
    Do we have this or is it a embedded graphics chip?
    I'm no expert, but there's an arguement over that...some people say look at the stat sheet it has a graphics chip, and it has open GL, some don't...so I dunno...
    02-24-09 08:43 PM
    If there is Open GL in the phone get ready for some quick games
    Games that will run well.
    02-24-09 08:44 PM
    If you're after a games phone, I wouldn't look at the Storm just yet. The OS isnt stable enough for them to focus on that yet I dare say.
    02-24-09 08:47 PM
    LOL
    I have the phone.
    Its stable, The thing is when the App Store opens your not going to be able to have many apps without your phone being slowed down
    02-24-09 08:53 PM
    LOL
    I have the phone.
    Its stable, The thing is when the App Store opens your not going to be able to have many apps without your phone being slowed down
    Why is that exactly?

Not going to be able to have many apps without your phone being slowed down?

EETimes.com - RIM says open source Blackberry unlikely

Beyond Storm, Cassidy and others detailed a long laundry list of ad hoc Java standards called Java Specification Requests (JSRs) that RIM is considering adopting in the future.

RIM engineers are looking at supporting 3-D graphics, probably through adopting the Java specification for OpenGL ES (JSR 239). The company is also broadly adopting 2-D scalable vector graphics such as SVG Tiny 1.2. It first used SVG in version 4.6 for the Blackberry Bold phone.

"We are looking at doing fairly complete support for SVG in all the places an image needs support in a device," said Liam Quinn, who heads browser development at RIM.
    Last edited by Optimusv2; 02-24-09 at 09:01 PM.
    02-24-09 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD