After 6 months of trying to justify the phone's inequities to myself and others, I finally caved! I was approached by a close relative who wanted to know whether she should buy a Storm since her NE2 was up. I basically told her to avoid it at all costs! Sorry! I think I need a hug.

Anyone been thru similar?
    05-15-09 04:42 PM
    It depends on who it is. Some people I recommend it to and some I don't. Some I recommend get an LG flip phone of some sort, some I don't. Some I recommend get an iPhone, some I don't. Easy as that!
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 05-15-09 at 05:37 PM. Reason: edit for speeling. :)
    05-15-09 05:09 PM
    i recommend it to everyone i talk to. I am on my first Storm with no Issues running .132 Shrunk. I have had to setup about 4 storms in the last 2 weeks, because they liked mine so much and asked me to do theirs like mine, so i set it up for them the way mine is. they all love it so far.
    05-15-09 05:31 PM
    I have to agree with Chuck, it depends on how "tech savvy" the person is and whether they have had a bb before.

The Storm was my first bb, and it was ruff. Couldn't have done it without Crackberry.com
    05-15-09 05:32 PM
    Why get a storm when storm 2 is right around the corner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 05:38 PM
    Mdude I couldn't agree with you more. When people ask me about it now and I tell them what I think, they say "but just a few months ago you were so excited..what happened?" And my answer is: "The phone had enormous potential but lots of bugs...they promised to fix them...they never did. It's infuriating to use."

Frankly I don't think there's any update, upgrade, leak, or app that makes this phone reliable. I've tried them all.

Even Blackberry has acknowledged that the phone is a POS..remember "nobody gets it right the first time"...hahaha that's why they are already leaking info about Storm #2. Hoping to rebuild people's confidence in the brand after a really crappy product (albeit a sales success)
    05-15-09 05:48 PM
    Everyone reacts differently to new devices

05-15-09 06:53 PM
    Mine works great, you guys must be doing something wrong :}

PotBB

05-15-09 07:01 PM
    hmm I gave up on my BBS... cant stand it and DEFINITELY don't recommend it. If they really question it, I just have em mess with it for a day and they're disappointed.
    05-15-09 07:46 PM
    hmm I gave up on my BBS... cant stand it and DEFINITELY don't recommend it. If they really question it, I just have em mess with it for a day and they're disappointed.
    yeah what OS did you say you were running again?
    05-15-09 07:49 PM
    Haven't met anyone asking if they should upgrade to the storm, but I've asked all my friends who already have one if i could update their OS, now there are more happy storm owners
    05-16-09 06:45 AM
    There's plenty of things I do myself that I don't recommend to other people--nothing wrong with that! Just say "don't try using a Storm at home kids!"
    05-16-09 06:46 AM
    I love my storm and I have had no issues, and as said above I have also updated like 4 or 5 other storms and they love them.
    05-16-09 06:57 AM
    Look, I haven't updated mine because I'm afraid to f up a good thing.
    My phone is AWESOME. I will tell you though that you have to have a half a brain to use it.
    Most people that complain about it I think just can't get used to a high tech gadget like the storm.
    Maybe those people should not bother exposing themselves by posting these complaints.
    I recommend the complainers to just silently get rid of their storms and purchase an I phone or some other toy like device.
    I know the truth hurts. But all you complainers need to move on and just let us enjoy our phones.

05-16-09 07:14 AM
    I usually try to "qualify" the customer to see if how computer literate they are. If they are "********" then I recommend an LG something that is stable and hard to screw up. If they know what they are doing or have had a blackberry before I recommend it. Although for a first time blackberry user I usually recommend the curve so their perception of blackberries isn't ruined forever lol.
    05-16-09 09:07 AM
    Why get a storm when storm 2 is right around the corner.

Which corner is that?
    05-16-09 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD