this robotic audio you speak of i don't get that with the .713 base must be on certain phones
    It only happens when you and the person on the other end talk at the dame time. And it does not happen at all through a BT ear piece. I didn't notice it either for a few days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-10 10:18 AM
    Hello - I'm very new here - I know how to upgrade my OS basically but I don't understand how to replace the java folder nor which link to choose from the post above. Can someone please explain slowly? I have a new storm2 and I'd like to do this before I put anything new on it.
    THX
    06-30-10 10:22 AM
    About 4 hours in with constant SMS usage and I'm only down to 85% battery. Very impressed.

Hello - I'm very new here - I know how to upgrade my OS basically but I don't understand how to replace the java folder nor which link to choose from the post above. Can someone please explain slowly? I have a new storm2 and I'd like to do this before I put anything new on it.
    THX
    Here's how I did it - when you plug your blackberry into the computer, desktop manager will ask you if you want to back up your stuff or downgrade to a different OS or reinstall your current OS. choose to reinstall your current OS. Click details so you can see when it's done copying things from your blackberry to your computer.

If you're using Windows XP, the Java folder will be in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9550-(version number)\Java.

If you're using Vista or Windows 7, it'll probably be in C:\Documents And Settings\(your user account\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\Loader Cache\(some long number\Java.

After the blackberry is done backing up to your computer and it's ready to start installing things, copy all the things from the OOAKDPC Hybrid OS folder into the Java folder. It doesn't matter if things have just started installing because it'll finish copying before the Java folder starts installing. It will ask you if you want to replace a bunch of files so do Yes For All. Then you'll start seeing eventually in the Desktop Manager that the files in the Java folder start installing. When it's done go to Settings and the About and it should say .743 in the software version. If it does, and your BlackBerry seems to work, you did it right.
    06-30-10 10:47 AM
    this robotic audio you speak of i don't get that with the .713 base must be on certain phones
    I agree w/you. It has to be certain phones, love to know what the diff is; My phone and my GF's S2, no matter if it's 713 base or a hybrid we get it. It's too bad as this hybrid ran beautiful on my phone.
    Last edited by joem333; 06-30-10 at 11:13 AM.
    06-30-10 11:08 AM
    FWIW.....

Battery ---- Right after I installed this hybrid my battery got "stuck" on 80% for hours, at least according to MeterBerry and under Options>Status. Clearly it wasn't working right. After a reboot it "dropped" to like 40%. Now I'm getting essentially the same battery drain as I was prior to this hybrid. Not complaining here....I'm still happy with the hybrid....but the battery life has not changed.
    06-30-10 11:56 AM
    I've only owned my Storm 2 for a couple days, but it came with the stock .713 software and I couldn't get through a day without the battery dying. Installed this Hybrid OS and now either my battery meter is broken or I really am getting amazing battery life
    So far I am having very good battery life with this Hybrid...I still recharge everynight in my stand - I love the big numbers on the clock - but I can always make it thru the day.
    06-30-10 11:59 AM
    Glad everyone is enjoying it

Haven't found much to improve on so far. Maybe a new leak will give us some excitement.
    07-01-10 10:58 AM
    Thanks for the advice - I'll give it a try!
    07-01-10 11:03 AM
    Robotic voice here... Prbly going back to .517. Opera bug also..

Last edited by cgull; 07-02-10 at 07:33 AM.
    07-01-10 09:34 PM
    Is anyone using this hybrid with .713? The reason I ask, is i have that horrible robotic voice using straight .713, and want to know if you had the voice with straight .713 and now with Ooaks newest, is that fixed? I don't know much about the OS's but I would assume it is with the radio file and java files, but let me know.
    07-01-10 10:50 PM
    Is anyone using this hybrid with .713? The reason I ask, is i have that horrible robotic voice using straight .713, and want to know if you had the voice with straight .713 and now with Ooaks newest, is that fixed? I don't know much about the OS's but I would assume it is with the radio file and java files, but let me know.
    Yes

Yes

Yes.

07-01-10 11:57 PM
    What OS would you recommend for a base with a DRM version 9520.

.607 or .580

Will this even work.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-02-10 01:55 AM
    Loaded and the keyboard is actually softer than that of the official .713 straight. Liking this a lot so far, pretty fast, the load time did take a long time though.
    07-02-10 03:54 AM
    What OS would you recommend for a base with a DRM version 9520.

.607 or .580

Will this even work.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    I only ran it on 713, it might work with 607 but I can't confirm that.

580 - i strongly doubt it, but can't confirm that either.
    07-02-10 09:51 AM
    Can someone please help me out. I am looking for step by step directions on how to install a hybrid OS. I have poured through the forums and maybe I missed it but if someone can send me a link or something I would appreciate it. I see the directions at the beginning of this thread but I assume there is more I need to do or know. I am familiar with installing straight leaks and officials but have never attempted a hybrid but really want to try this. I downloaded the official .713 OS from Verizon via DM. Also, I am using Windows Vista 64 bit. Thanks in advance.
    07-02-10 02:41 PM
    First step is that you need to manually download .713 from the Verizon site, not via DM. You can download it from here: BlackBerry® Software Updates

Once you've downloaded it, install it to your computer. This will extract all the required files. Next step is to download the hybrid and extract the files. Copy all of the .cods and paste them in the following folder on your computer:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9550AMEA_v5.0.0.713_P4.2.0.323\Java

Once you've pasted the hybrid files over, then install the hybrid like you would any other OS. Don't forget to backup your phone first, just in case.

That's it. I hope that helps!
    07-02-10 02:48 PM
    Thanks. Do I need to delete any files that were installed in the folder when I installed the base 713 or just copy and paste the cod's from the hybrid into the folder you reference below. I assume also I can just use app loader in that folder to install the hybrid?
    07-02-10 03:08 PM
    Also, are the links for the hybrid the ones listed at the bottom of the first post on this thread? Which one should I use...one says shrunk and the other says unshrunk or something. Thanks again for the help.
    07-02-10 03:16 PM
    running this for a few days now, and is MUCH better then .713 stand alone. i was having horrible battery drain as well as the robotic voice, but this hybrid has stabilized the battery life and helped a lot with the robotic voice. great work One of a Kind!
    07-02-10 09:49 PM
    Also, are the links for the hybrid the ones listed at the bottom of the first post on this thread? Which one should I use...one says shrunk and the other says unshrunk or something. Thanks again for the help.
    I use the unshrunk version myself, then manually shrink it with Shrink-A-OS if I so desire. As to deleting the files already in the Java folder, you can, or you can leave them. It will work either way. Right now, I'm currently deleting them.

07-02-10 09:57 PM
    Anyone having any problems with BBMaps? It loads and finds me via GPS, but it won't render the streets so I'm sitting on a big green field.

Disclaimer: I'm running just the straight .741 java file, not OOAKD's .743.

07-03-10 11:36 PM
    07-11-10 10:00 PM
    I've been running this OS for just over a week. My battery life is acceptable. I wouldn't say great. And at times it's been bad when running certain programs that didn't used to tax the battery (such as PodTrapper).

Opera has the bug when you use the keyboard and the screen only half shows but this is easily fixed by turning the phone to landscape and then back to portrait.

All-in-all I'm good w this OS. I haven't experienced the robotic voice on phone calls but I almost exclusively use a Bluetooth.

I am always wanting more battery life. I wish I was experiencing what some of you are but I'm at roughly 5% w light/no usage and 10% w heavier. I've seen it go up to 17% in very heavy usage.

I'll likely stick with this until 6 is available or if somehow a GOOD base OS is leaked or released. I'm growing tired of the one step forward, 2 steps back crap that seems to go hand-in-hand with RIM OSs.

Last edited by French; 07-12-10 at 05:46 AM.
    07-12-10 05:44 AM
    How come no one talks about the bbm keyboard issue?
    I'm on stock .713 and the bbm issue is driving me insane! Any fixes?

07-14-10 11:52 AM
    How come no one talks about the bbm keyboard issue?
    I'm on stock .713 and the bbm issue is driving me insane! Any fixes?
    There are many threads on the issue; just use the search function. If you go to BlackBerry's main website you can signup and download the beta version which fixes this issue.
    07-14-10 12:02 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD