06-23-10 08:11 PM
43 12
tools
    I am having horrible battery drain w/this build, 16.7% per hour

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My experience is the opposite. I've been running this for roughly 24 hours, loaded it on less than a full charge, and I'm still at 60% battery available ( with bluetooth always on for the car / media connection ). I also have the latest SmrtGuard running in the background, and the other standard BB apps. There has to be some app on your phone that is causing the issue.

OOAK, I ran your previous 607 / 6xx hybrid, then rolled back to a 5XX / 6xx hybrid because of "clunkiness", but this build on 607 is VERY smooth. The click seems to be back to normal, and i've experienced zero issues so far -- no lagging on landscape keyboard, no poor screen redraws when switching from portrait to landscape, and no delays when trying to answer or hang up the phone.

Very solid.

Thanks.
    06-06-10 04:51 AM
    Sorry don't know what happened, but it bricked my phone. I've used previous builds and no problem, but this one put me in 'paper weight' mode. Had to wipe and do an install of another hybrid.
    06-06-10 12:19 PM
    i gave .607 another chance with the .732, and surprisingly it has worked out this time! no problems as of yet
    06-06-10 02:32 PM
    My experience is the opposite. I've been running this for roughly 24 hours, loaded it on less than a full charge, and I'm still at 60% battery available ( with bluetooth always on for the car / media connection ). I also have the latest SmrtGuard running in the background, and the other standard BB apps. There has to be some app on your phone that is causing the issue.

OOAK, I ran your previous 607 / 6xx hybrid, then rolled back to a 5XX / 6xx hybrid because of "clunkiness", but this build on 607 is VERY smooth. The click seems to be back to normal, and i've experienced zero issues so far -- no lagging on landscape keyboard, no poor screen redraws when switching from portrait to landscape, and no delays when trying to answer or hang up the phone.

Very solid.

Thanks.
    After 6 reboots today my battery usage has gone down to 3.6%/hour since 8:45 AM this morning. I also deleted trillian, as I thought that might be the culprit. All I know is that last night was the worst battery drain that I have ever seen, and today's is right where it should be
    06-06-10 04:25 PM
    Ok maybe I spoke too soon. Typing everywhere is great except its absolutely horrible and laggy when trying to type a bbm or text message. Is that what others have been experiencing with the 607 base?

06-06-10 09:25 PM
    Ok maybe I spoke too soon. Typing everywhere is great except its absolutely horrible and laggy when trying to type a bbm or text message. Is that what others have been experiencing with the 607 base?

I can't speak for this build but to answer your question it doesn't have anything to do w .607 build. I have had several hybrids based on .607 that were fine including my current Lyridical .705/.607. Best yet for me.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-06-10 10:50 PM
    I had horrid BBM typing lag on one or two .517 based hybrids. I had to delete BBM and try a different version.
    06-07-10 12:13 PM
    I have it installed and so far so good. The only question I have is when I try to use Shrink-a-OS to trim some of the unwanted stuff, it says that I have 0MB in my java folder prior to shrinking.

The same thing happened with the last hybrid as well.

Any suggestions?
    06-07-10 01:00 PM
    The only question I have is when I try to use Shrink-a-OS to trim some of the unwanted stuff, it says that I have 0MB in my java folder prior to shrinking.

The same thing happened with the last hybrid as well.

Any suggestions?
    1. Put the Shrink-A-OS in the .607 folder.
    2. If you are are running windows 7 right click the Shrink-A-OS icon select Properties and then Check the box "Run in Windows XP SP3 Compatibility mode" and the check the box "Run as Administrator".
    3. Double Click the Shrink-A-OS icon and check the box that says "Shrink-A-OS is in my current OS folder"
    4. select whatever you want get rid off.
    5. hit the Button "Shrink my OS".
    06-07-10 02:55 PM
    Like the Hybrid so far but having an issue. My Google Voice does not let me place calls. I can receive but can't dial out. Anyone else have this issue?
    06-07-10 03:16 PM
    Keep em Coming ^_^ doing good so far on my storm 2, and i haven't done a wipe yet just keep installing over other hybrid etc etc and have zero problems.

Look forward to seeing more hybrid from you =]
    06-07-10 09:13 PM
    Ok, I guess i'm slow, Walk me thorugh the deleting and replacing java process. I just can't get it through my head and can't get it right to upload to the phone.
    06-07-10 09:51 PM
    I tried to give another chance to the .607 and is a total fail. (Still have all the common issues). 4 me the .607 is the worst OS ever released. (Never worked for me, alone or with an hybrid)

Went back to the .517 and everything is stable and running great.

Thx OneOfaKindDPC!

Peace
    Last edited by DJPAX; 06-07-10 at 11:00 PM.
    06-07-10 10:55 PM
    Keep em Coming ^_^ doing good so far on my storm 2, and i haven't done a wipe yet just keep installing over other hybrid etc etc and have zero problems.

Look forward to seeing more hybrid from you =]
    +1 Another solid build OOAKDPC!
    06-07-10 11:54 PM
    i can say that i have tried almost every hybrid released (not only from OOAK) and also built a few of my own. but this version of OOAK, IS the best, at least on memory management and stability of the whole OS. i am on the second day with 6%/hr battery discharge rate, but i believe that this number will be lower after 3-4 days of usage. keyboard is also very very soft and no lag even after 1 day of usage, which previously my keyboard gets really stiff after 1 day and lag come following it. battery pull is a must after 2 days of usage but not with this built.

thank you.
    06-08-10 05:00 AM
    1. Put the Shrink-A-OS in the .607 folder.
    2. If you are are running windows 7 right click the Shrink-A-OS icon select Properties and then Check the box "Run in Windows XP SP3 Compatibility mode" and the check the box "Run as Administrator".
    3. Double Click the Shrink-A-OS icon and check the box that says "Shrink-A-OS is in my current OS folder"
    4. select whatever you want get rid off.
    5. hit the Button "Shrink my OS".
    Dude, you rock. Thanks.
    06-08-10 11:25 AM
    This build has been great. The keyboard has no lag. The biggest thing I notice is my battery life is much better. Thanks for the great build.
    06-08-10 02:56 PM
    Will you be releasing a .713 base hybrid anytime soon. Ive been looking but you havent posted anything yet??
    06-23-10 08:11 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD