Oak,

Stupid question, can a hybrid effect screen touch sensitivity? Just wondering
    05-27-10 08:58 PM
    Oak,

Stupid question, can a hybrid effect screen touch sensitivity? Just wondering
    Hey just curious are you having issues with the cursor jumping all over the place other then were you touch? Cause i'm having that issue and i've tried so many different hybrids and none resolved the problem...So i couldn't take it any more and ordered a replacement...I'm getting it tomorrow so will report back!
    05-27-10 09:04 PM
    Sorry, neither of our Storms have experienced that problem. In fact, never heard of that problem on a Storm. You probably did the best move by getting another Storm.
    05-27-10 09:28 PM
    Hey Oak,

Using your new hybrid now. Seems great the same as all your builds. I'm a geek, so I try out every hybrid I can download! Will post later, but I got the best battery life from your 'brids. Important to me. Thanks for the hard work and caring about your fellow Crackberries.
    What base did you use?
    05-28-10 06:15 AM
    Battery isn't as good as I suspected it was going to be. Went to school today and drained down to 37% when I got home. I'll give it one more day since my Berry is on the charger right now, if not I'm going back to lyricidal's .517/.692 build which was excellent on battery life [which is a necessity for me].
    Last edited by leecott; 05-28-10 at 03:31 PM.
    05-28-10 03:22 PM
    I did everything correctly and get a Uncaught exception: application registry.waitfor(0x37566616e5676388)timeout right after it boots up

Installed over .428 with the alx patch and used the unshrunk version and shrunk it myself

edit: forgot to add that after I get the error the device works fine... so far

edit: when accessing the calendar I get "error starting net rim bb calendar app: module net rim bbapi sharing not found

Edit: Wiping again and loading the shrunk version

Edit: Darn, got the error again, something isn't right....

Edit: Loaded the unshrunk version, this time I didn't touch it, still doesn't work. Something def isn't right with this meshing with .428
    this is a .607 base hybrid man it wont work with .428
    05-28-10 03:31 PM
    I use the .607 base. Oaks hybrids are the only ones I can get decent battery life out of. I've tried Lyric's brids and they are very good, but I just can't get the same battery life. With moderate to light use I am losing only 1 1/2 bars in 14 hours.
    05-28-10 03:44 PM
    I'd like to report a problem:

Loaded the hybrid over 607 base. When I make calls, the display is gone except for the bottom buttons. Nothing shows. Battery pull and same issue. Anybody else have this problem?

EDIT NVM, second battery pull did it. Hmm, weird.
    05-28-10 09:44 PM
    I am using the 517/705 version and it says 608 in the about screen. Did I do something wrong?
    05-29-10 02:31 PM
    OAK,

Does this one happen to fix the video (divx/avi) issue with the media player?
    The 607 on mine randomly pixelates and crashes.

BTW, love your hybrids.
    05-29-10 07:46 PM
    ooak, can you please make a fix for the word completion problem? it is really annoying for people who doesn't use english as the first language such as me. u got it fixed on earlier hybrid, 692 if i'm not mistaken.....

please please please.....
    thanks...
    05-30-10 02:40 AM
    Hey just curious are you having issues with the cursor jumping all over the place other then were you touch? Cause i'm having that issue and i've tried so many different hybrids and none resolved the problem...So i couldn't take it any more and ordered a replacement...I'm getting it tomorrow so will report back!
    I had this issue - maybe only once a day but very frustrating. Put up with it for a few weeks then got a replacement handset. No more issue. Wish I had got the replacement right away.

VZW store lied to my face too.. said they didn't have any handsets in stock when phone support had already confirmed they had. They eventually found one!
    05-30-10 10:56 AM
    Using 517/705. I still get pixelation on some divx videos. Battery life seems same as last 517 hybrid.

Some of my SMS messages linked to BBM are not showing up in BBM but in SMS folder. I get a BBM notification for the SMS but it does not show up in BBM. I must note that BBM and SMS are kind of wonky in general being on BES but it wasn't an issue in the previous hybrid for me.
    05-30-10 03:22 PM
    Using 517/705. I still get pixelation on some divx videos. Battery life seems same as last 517 hybrid.

Some of my SMS messages linked to BBM are not showing up in BBM but in SMS folder. I get a BBM notification for the SMS but it does not show up in BBM. I must note that BBM and SMS are kind of wonky in general being on BES but it wasn't an issue in the previous hybrid for me.
    dont you mean 580 since u doing it on 517 (517/580) or can u use 705 on a 517 because 1st post said that 705 is under (607/705) ?
    05-30-10 06:58 PM
    You can use 705 files on 517 as provided in the first post, it'll just display 580 in About but it is using 705 files... That's how I understand it to be at least...
    05-30-10 08:58 PM
    but than why would he have three seperate links for each (607 or 517 or 4xxx)
    05-30-10 09:26 PM
    but than why would he have three seperate links for each (607 or 517 or 4xxx)
    they are all 705 hybrids, but you can only use so many files with the older radios. the 4xx and 5xx versions have 705/699 in them, but have about 25 or so files less then the 6xx version in order for it it load. one of the files in the one that changes the version number, but is why the older radio versions only show up as 580
    05-30-10 10:55 PM
    Hey Ooak, which files make this .705? I finally got around to installing the .607/.705 version, and it shows as .699 after installing twice. I removed some files from the unshrunk version, same ones I always do.
    05-31-10 06:19 PM
    Hey Ooak, which files make this .705? I finally got around to installing the .607/.705 version, and it shows as .699 after installing twice. I removed some files from the unshrunk version, same ones I always do.
    It suppose to show .699 in the about screen even though, this hybrid has .705 cod's in it.
    So you've done it right, nothing to worry about.
    05-31-10 07:02 PM
    It suppose to show .699 in the about screen even though, this hybrid has .705 cod's in it.
    So you've done it right, nothing to worry about.
    Thanks, might help if I went to his first post and looked before posting >.<
    /faceplam
    05-31-10 07:16 PM
    Hi all...I had an exception java error until I restarted several times? I do have two programs I can't seem to get working after this install:
    1) MSDIC - the program opens up, but the keyboard does not type anything in the area for entering the word?
    2) I have an app "Add a Contact" and it will not let me enter the activation code? The keyboard is "dead;" will not type any letter nor will the numbers keys come up? I did uninstall and reinstall...
    Any advice? THANKS! Cory

P.S. I did reload this Hybrid twice.
    06-01-10 03:35 PM
    Loving this build. Smooth as silk. Like it lots!
    06-01-10 07:23 PM
    Hi all...I had an exception java error until I restarted several times? I do have two programs I can't seem to get working after this install:
    1) MSDIC - the program opens up, but the keyboard does not type anything in the area for entering the word?
    2) I have an app "Add a Contact" and it will not let me enter the activation code? The keyboard is "dead;" will not type any letter nor will the numbers keys come up? I did uninstall and reinstall...
    Any advice? THANKS! Cory

P.S. I did reload this Hybrid twice.
    1. Java exception errors will be seen sometimes after upgrade to a new OS or a new hybrid. That means that one or more of your applications needs to be reinstalled.
    2. I have noticed that some of the application are incompatible with the radio .607. So if the application "Add a Contact" does not let you enter the activation code or freeze during the process, then the radio is the reason for that. My advice if you still want this application to work with this hybrid, to get the .517/.705 hybrid instead of the .607/.705.
    06-01-10 08:15 PM
    1. Java exception errors will be seen sometimes after upgrade to a new OS or a new hybrid. That means that one or more of your applications needs to be reinstalled.
    2. I have noticed that some of the application are incompatible with the radio .607. So if the application "Add a Contact" does not let you enter the activation code or freeze during the process, then the radio is the reason for that. My advice if you still want this application to work with this hybrid, to get the .517/.705 hybrid instead of the .607/.705.
    Thanks for the reply...the java exception stopped. The programs seemed to work OK with plain .607, but after I reloaded .607 with this Hybrid is when I had the problem with the two apps???
    06-01-10 08:52 PM
    It seems like this thread will die soon. I smell a .732/.748 hybrid coming...
    06-03-10 02:26 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD