I've been running for a full day now and so far so good. Still trying to find s glitch but its all good. Thank for a great build.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 11:38 PM
    Well, this 3rd time i didn't shrink anything and it loaded fine. I have .692 modules and all. Clearly i shrunk something that shouldn't have been.
    05-13-10 11:44 PM
    So all i do is use bitzipper and undo the rar file copy those files and paste them into my JAVA folder?
    Last edited by rocco11189; 05-14-10 at 12:40 AM.
    05-14-10 12:01 AM
    So all i do is use bitzipper and undo the rar file copy those files and paste them into my JAVA folder?
    yup. Then install, or shrink then install. Be careful shrinking.
    05-14-10 12:55 AM
    what cannot be shrunk out of this file? I am shrinking the normal stuff and I get all kinds of errors and the OS basically looks as if there is no theme at all, just a list of stuff. Never had this before and I've loaded lots of OS's. I tried deleting and replacing the Java folder, i tried the copy/paste and replace all way. Both gave me the exact same result. I must have shrunk something out that shouldn't have been.

Using the .517 version.

SAOS. Everything is checked to be removed except:

BBM
    BB Maps
    GMail
    Backgrounds
    Themes
    Ringtones
    Setup Wizard
    SIM Capabilities
    VAD
    Voice Note Recorder

Everything else gets the boot, same as I always do. What shouldn't have been removed?

1. Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry:wait for (blah,blah,blah)timeout
    2. Uncaught exception: Stand by manager not initialized
    3. Uncaught exception: Java.lang.error
    4. Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.get0rWaitFor (blah) owner denied thread [thread-181249024,10]
    I had the same issue. This would happen when I would drag/replace the files to the original Java folder. When I renamed the original Java folder and dragged the whole Java folder to the 9550 folder and shrunk it (your items and more) there was no problem. Actually, my only problem is I still have my ringtones and background images that I tried to shrink out.
    05-14-10 07:17 AM
    what cannot be shrunk out of this file? I am shrinking the normal stuff and I get all kinds of errors and the OS basically looks as if there is no theme at all, just a list of stuff. Never had this before and I've loaded lots of OS's. I tried deleting and replacing the Java folder, i tried the copy/paste and replace all way. Both gave me the exact same result. I must have shrunk something out that shouldn't have been.

Using the .517 version.

SAOS. Everything is checked to be removed except:

BBM
    BB Maps
    GMail
    Backgrounds
    Themes
    Ringtones
    Setup Wizard
    SIM Capabilities
    VAD
    Voice Note Recorder

Everything else gets the boot, same as I always do. What shouldn't have been removed?

1. Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry:wait for (blah,blah,blah)timeout
    2. Uncaught exception: Stand by manager not initialized
    3. Uncaught exception: Java.lang.error
    4. Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.get0rWaitFor (blah) owner denied thread [thread-181249024,10]
    I always uninstal any previous OS on my computer. Delete whatever's in loader files (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files). Restart computer. Instal base. Drag hybrid files into Java folder. Replace via "yes to all". Wipe phone. Shrink and load from SAOS loader. Works everytime.
    05-14-10 11:17 AM
    I did the same. I always wipe my phone first. I have never had issues like that.

Well this hybrid just doesn't like me. It has rebooted 3 times and my data is super slow. I think I will try the .676 hybrid. If that doesn't work well I will try something .607 for the first time.

I am on ATT if it matters but it really shouldn't. Never had those kind of issues with anything .517 based before.
    05-14-10 11:27 AM
    I'm still running Ooak's .607/.676 unshrunk and the only issue I have with that is that when clicking on any messenger conversations from Messages folder the keyboard stays hidden, but works fine if I go straight from BBM/Yahoo/WL (whichever I'm using at that point). Battery life is outstanding and has been right off the bat - 1.3% idle, 4% heavy usage. Would anyone care to share a prelim report on their battery and/or keyboard issue(s) if that exists for anyone else?

05-14-10 01:51 PM
    Is this a downgrade?

Application loader thinks so.. So I'm going for it right now.
    05-14-10 01:58 PM
    Mine also said downgrade, even though I was coming from 517/676 - scrolled through the modules and didn't see anything that was actually being downgraded though.

After a day, this is running GREAT on my 9550. The only bug is the calendar/agenda view. Battery is showing 90% at 3:30pm - which is much better than before.

I couldn't even use .607 before but the 692 files seem to make it run properly.
    05-14-10 04:38 PM
    To get .676 on .607 I had to run the desktop manager and it said it was a downgrade. Could be the same situation.

I'm debating giving the .607 base a whirl. Minor issue of wanting to be able to see my SMS messages in the today view, but digging the smaller font for that same view in my email.
    05-14-10 04:55 PM
    Yet another in a long line of great builds...seems like the best yet!!!!

THANKS AGAIN!
    05-14-10 05:15 PM
    Just downloaded your newest version tonight. Loaded the last version a few days ago and was very impressed. Had a HUGE battery drain issue with .607 and tried everyone's hybrids to no avail. With your last hybrid I can go nearly a day and a half without charging. Never could do that before. Hopefully this build is even better! Thank you and keep up the good work.
    05-14-10 09:42 PM
    Just downgraded from an older 607 to this on 517. Much improved over last 2 days. May stick with this one for a while.

05-15-10 06:22 AM
    OOAK- Upgraded from 517/676 and I think this is your best build. Smooth installation and tracking battery life now. All apps worked perfectly out of the gate.

I don't know if anyone else had this problem (since original 320), but when scrolling contacts it would jump when upscrolling. This hybrid solved that problem for me. I think this is the smoothest OS combo I have used to date! Nice job.

Will post battery life performance after a couple of days.
    05-15-10 07:51 AM
    I did the same. I always wipe my phone first. I have never had issues like that.

Well this hybrid just doesn't like me. It has rebooted 3 times and my data is super slow. I think I will try the .676 hybrid. If that doesn't work well I will try something .607 for the first time.

I am on ATT if it matters but it really shouldn't. Never had those kind of issues with anything .517 based before.
    well, i'm starting to think the reboots may have been from my battery. It has gotten loose lately. Just to be fair to this hybrid and OOAKDPC.

I still switched, i couldn't take the slow data. The browser would request for a good minute before anything loaded. On Network, Wifi was fine.
    05-15-10 08:36 AM
    I install this hybrid but still have the bbm group keyboard bug, whay i can do?
    05-15-10 10:52 AM
    Downgrade to .517 or something older. Its been stated several times that no hybrid that uses .607 will fix the BBM keyboard issue. The bug is tied to the .607 sfi file. Until we get a newer OS with a different radio/sfi file, then you either have to deal with it or downgrade.

05-15-10 10:57 AM
    Is this a downgrade?

Application loader thinks so.. So I'm going for it right now.
    Mine also said downgrade, even though I was coming from 517/676 - scrolled through the modules and didn't see anything that was actually being downgraded though.

After a day, this is running GREAT on my 9550. The only bug is the calendar/agenda view. Battery is showing 90% at 3:30pm - which is much better than before.

I couldn't even use .607 before but the 692 files seem to make it run properly.
    If one file in the build you're installing shows a lower number than the build
    than the OS installed then it will show a downgrade.

For instance, if all of the files are .662 and above, and the new hybrid has a .656 file in it, it will show a downgrade.
    05-15-10 11:01 AM
    Sorry OOAK, can't help with this. I've determined that anything with 607 base I need to stay away from. Got ur 517/604 hybrid and will stay with it, working perfectly for me. Plays all my AVI vids without having to reformat to MP4 or m4v. Will wait for another 517 base hybrid or leak to check out.
    05-15-10 01:22 PM
    Loaded 517/692 a few days ago. Results = everything works, battery last longer, signal seems stronger. All is well.
    Last edited by SpaceLump; 05-15-10 at 07:43 PM. Reason: corrections
    05-15-10 07:42 PM
    VAfter running for a few days, I am not as pleased as I was originally. I am now getting a media processor is busy error when attempting to play media, which I also experienced with OOAKDPC's hybrid two hybrids ago. Also, my battery drain has gone from 4% up to 9% which is just way too much. I have also noticed that the headset is constantly running for no apparent reason making a slight noise which may be the reason for the battery drain. If I cannot find a solution to these issues, I will have to downgrade to a previous build. Any suggestions? Also, I have tried battery pulls and other remedies to no avail.

05-15-10 08:07 PM
    Just installed today, everything seems to be working without issue. I'll report later if I have any problems.
    05-16-10 03:56 AM
    only issue ive found is while running either pandora or slacker thru my truck stereo via the headset jack the music comes in and out when my bluetooth is on if i turn the headset off all is good i haen't seen this issue before any ideas there ?
    I use the bluetooth for calls not the music just to clarify.
    Last edited by MrTruckincowboy; 05-16-10 at 05:39 AM.
    05-16-10 05:36 AM
    I have been running this hybrid over the .517 and so far so good after a few days. My only complaint is that my battery usage is all over the place. Sometimes I see as high as 29% plus and they it drops down to as little as 1.8%. I see this with other builds too. What makes the phone do that? Same things running in background.
    05-16-10 08:52 AM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD