05-25-10 10:37 PM
31 12
tools
    I just installed this on my phone, and so far I'm a little concerned. When I have my phone show my applications and folders, it's a white screen and I can't tell what is what. Did I do something wrong?

I'm currently doing a couple battery pulls to see if that will help, but if not, I am gonna need some help heh

(EDIT: After a couple battery pulls, while having the applications and folders up it still shows my main background image and dims the folders and applications. This still makes it hard to tell what is what. Any advice?)
    Last edited by Padeedleedle; 05-19-10 at 10:08 PM.
    05-19-10 09:50 PM
    If its having issues, consider wiping your phone using BBSAK and then reload the hybrid from scratch (start by removing the OS from your computer, then reinstall the OS and hybrid to your computer, before reloading it to your phone). This should clear things up for you!
    05-19-10 10:09 PM
    Now, if and when I uninstall/delte the OS from my computer, would you recommend shrinking the OS? Because when I download the hybrid, it's like 140mb, and if I shrink it, I can get it down to about 78.
    05-19-10 10:20 PM
    Go ahead and shrink it. I do. I just leave in BlackBerry Maps, Default Fonts, Ringtones and Themes, Password Keeper, SIM Card Capabilities, VAD and Voice Notes Recorder.

(Note, I remove Documents to go because I install a different version including PDF to Go and all that).

I can guarantee that the OS works with the rest shrunk out (because it works for me).
    05-19-10 11:23 PM
    I really appreciate your help, but after wiping and re-installing and everything, the problem still exists. I also lost some applications such as brick breaker and word mole in the process.
    (I didn't shrink it)

But I was now wondering how to get these back? Thanks again. You're extremely helpful.
    05-19-10 11:31 PM
    I wanted to post here, I installed this hybrid on my 9530 on Sunday, and I have to say, having run hybrids and full OS's on my 9530 for over a year, this one is VERY impressive.

I came from a .491 hybrid that I'd been using for about 7 weeks, and had slowly degraded with a permanent memory leak, ending up after every battery pull I was only loading with 6.9MB free, and one session of browser usage was enough to pull up the "delete apps" screen and eliminate any remaining memory I had left.

I updated to this and with the same apps loaded, used the "shrunk" version, and started up with 35MB available! After 3 days of usage without a battery pull, I'm still over 20MB free, which sounds pretty great for me. The OS is very stable, and I've not had any issues, aside from a weird issue where the first part of an autocorrected word will show up in bold while selected. But that's an asthetic issue, and I don't really care as long as it doesn't affect functionality.

Great job OOAKDPC! Thanks!
    05-25-10 10:37 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD