::::OOAKDPC .692 for the 9530::::

Will show .692 in the Help-->About screen

9530 - Download and install the .591 leak for the 9530. delete the contents of the java folder in the .591 folder and place the hybrid files in its place

Links:

http://www.theiexplorers.com/OneOfaK...bridshrunk.rar Shrunk/Zip

http://www.theiexplorers.com/OneOfaK...idunshrunk.rar Unshrunk/Zip

Alt Links:

http://www.greg-gorbos.com/OneOfaKin...bridshrunk.rar Shrunk/Zip

http://www.greg-gorbos.com/OneOfaKin...idunshrunk.rar Unshrunk/Zip
    05-12-10 10:14 PM
    Damn. i just loaded the other one an hour ago. oh well, DL now.

*EDIT* WOW. lookin at the CODs, this is almost a full .692 JAVA isnt it? only a couple of .612's and what not. GJ man
    Last edited by Kirblar; 05-12-10 at 10:47 PM. Reason: :O
    05-12-10 10:41 PM
    If any of the last hybrid users (OOAKPC 5.0.0.591/.676) upgrade to this new one, please post if it's worth the jump from .676 to .692!
    05-13-10 01:00 AM
    I did the jump from .676 to .692 and I think it was worth it. In my case, I had a glitch in .676 where I would have a white bar taking up 1/3rd of my screen quite often when I rotated my phone from portrait to widescreen. I read another guy complaining about the same issue. I no longer have the issue with .692 and I would have to say that everything has been working great so far.

Super fast and responsive (not that .676 wasn't) and so far I don't have any complaints or issues! I haven't been using it long enough to speak of the battery life etc. Anyways, Thanks OOAKPC for another great update!
    05-13-10 04:22 AM
    OOAK any details on the files used in this Hybrid?

Thanks! Keep up the great work!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 09:51 AM
    ooak any details on the files used in this hybrid?

Thanks! Keep up the great work!

Posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    612/643/662/669/692
    05-13-10 10:01 AM
    As one who has loaded the 676 and the 692...it is worth it to upgrade. For me the memory on 676 was very unstable. It would fluctuate, and never really settled in. This is settling in very nicely. Staying constant at around 34MB after booting up at 36. Battery life is about the same as 676

05-13-10 12:40 PM
    well....im juz gonna skip .676....im goin to install this instead...
    05-13-10 01:15 PM
    Well, its loaded on. Now we'll just see how it acts over the next few days.

At this point, it seems to be working well. No major differences between this hybrid and the last, but I'll be interested in seeing how the memory and battery life holds up.

05-13-10 05:49 PM
    im usually a lyricidal guy, im going to load this up and see how it goes
    05-13-10 11:02 PM
    Just went to this. A few files were downgraded but the VAST majority are on .692 in this build.
    05-13-10 11:34 PM
    Well, several hours in, it's working pretty well. I do recommend doing a few battery pulls to get it to settle in, but once its all set, it's smooth. There is still a memory leak if you leave apps open, but I don't know an OS that didn't do that with my phone, so...
    05-13-10 11:40 PM
    Ok... Found my first actual bug on the hybrid (if someone can confirm it, it would be appreciated). I can connect to my BB Visor Mount Speakerphone, but the VAD system won't work through it and instead I'm getting an error message.

I'll let OOAKDPC know and may try replacing the bluetooth files with some of the older ones to see if that helps. Will keep you posted.

05-14-10 03:12 AM
    I installed it last night and did only one batt. pull, it seems to work good except one issue that i am having is that on BBM groups i can start to type when i first open the chat but as soon as someone else replies, my Keyboard will disappear, i have pressed the keyboard button, blackberry show keyboard and nothing will come up, On regular BBM chats its fine. it's only doing it in groups. I reloaded the OS this morning to see if it would help, first boot went into my BBM groups and same thing happened. I will do 3 pulls see how that goes.
    05-14-10 07:29 AM
    3 long battery pulls and the virtual keyboard shows up at first but it will then disappear and it wont come back in the Blackberry Chat Groups.
    05-14-10 08:04 AM
    That's a problem with the .591 radio and all hybrids based on the .591 OS will have this problem.

A work round to get the keyboard back is to press the BB menu button and select new chat. This will bring up the keyboard. You can then escape back and continue to use the keyboard.

This will continue to be an issue either until a new OS is available or until a new version of bbm is available. This is also a problem on the Storm2 running .607.

05-14-10 08:57 AM
    Thanks for the info Krypto
    05-14-10 09:07 AM
    Working great over here! MAjOR memory management improvement over .676 hybrid as well as better UI responsiveness

Keep the great work OOAK!

05-14-10 09:27 AM
    this also seems to be a problem with windows live messenger thanks for the fix info for now tho krypto
    05-14-10 09:47 AM
    The memory is very stable....I had 34.9MB....after 3-4 hours...it went down 1-2 MB....

05-14-10 03:52 PM
    This is my first leaked os and hybrid os ever. It is VERY stable!! I don't see any battery drain (coming from the latest official 328 Verizon os) and the memory stays constant (I've had 32.5 all day ever since I loaded it this early am). I never did a wipe of the original os either and I have the unshrunk version. I was ready to throw my phone against a wall to end my misery. I'm still not happy with my storm and will hopefully get a different phone soon but I hope this holds me tight until then...
    05-14-10 08:54 PM
    Turns out the problem I was having was with VAD. Anyone else having any problems with voice activated dialing?
    05-16-10 12:41 AM
    Turns out the problem I was having was with VAD. Anyone else having any problems with voice activated dialing?
    I just tried it out and its working for me. That was the first time I've ever used it. lol
    05-16-10 01:25 AM
    Interesting... I'm going to try redownloading the file then. Thanks for checking for me.

I had one corrupt file in the extraction so it's possible the OS didn't download 100% correctly.

EDIT: Turns out that was the problem after all. Redownloaded the hybrid (this time using the second link) and we're good to go.
    Last edited by Krypto; 05-16-10 at 02:10 AM.
    05-16-10 01:35 AM
    Just installed this. Usually go with Lyricidals, but thought I'd give this one a try. Seems good so far. Loaded up at just a hair over 30MB, which is up just a hair from my last one (Lyricidal's .676). Hopefully the rest will be just as good.
    05-16-10 04:26 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD