I am on Ooakdpc hybrid 5.0.0.669. When I run Apploader to install this new hubrid 5.0.0.676, it doesn't show any OS upgrade. Any idea?

I got the same thing when I did the install. Just check the box to downgrade to the older version of the software. Worked fine, and it still shows .676 in the about/help screen.
    05-06-10 02:23 PM
    I was gonna post the twitter info earlier but was in heavy traffic & couldn't. Good lookin out on that post. I normally on official os's get batt discharge rates of 9+% and I'm even down to 2.5% using this hybrid. By far this is OOAK's best work yet, having used his for nearly a year now on S1 first & now my S2. Those who haven't tried it really should give it a go & see for yourself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is my 1st time using a hybrid, used officials or leaks, but since they're not coming out as fast anymore, I decided to try this. Its very well done, my battery is holding up now, after an initial heavy discharge rate, and I'm now down to 9% and still dropping. The internet is fast even on EDGE and my GPS finds me quickly also on Google Maps or Poynt. I think I'm now a hybrid convert :-P
    05-06-10 02:55 PM
    Still can't play my AVI files. With 517 and then 517/604 hybrid from OOAK they played fine. Went to 607 and they stopped, have been trying different hybrids based on 607 and the AVI files never play except the audio. With this version, 1st time I tried it phone rebooted.

Camera good, video recorder good, music good, phone good, BBM good - haven't tried groups. Going through the apps now will edit with more later.

EDIT: So far the only problem I've had is the same as always. AVI videos won't play. Everything else looking good, scroll is wonderful, better that 517 or 607. All apps seem to be working with no probs. If I run into something, will repost.
    Last edited by dkingsf; 05-06-10 at 07:08 PM.
    05-06-10 03:54 PM
    I got the same thing when I did the install. Just check the box to downgrade to the older version of the software. Worked fine, and it still shows .676 in the about/help screen.

That works. Thanks a lot. I was use loader.exe, not DM.
    05-06-10 04:48 PM
    The keyboad in Google Voice (both version 0.1.6 & latest 0.1.7) is still not working, the same as hybrid 669.

Anybody has the same issue?
    05-06-10 05:23 PM
    The keyboad in Google Voice (both version 0.1.6 & latest 0.1.7) is still not working, the same as hybrid 669.

Anybody has the same issue?
    Yep...you have to disable compatability mode under "options>applications>highlight google voice and press bbm button and select disable compatability mode"

Clear as mud
    05-06-10 05:33 PM
    Yep...you have to disable compatability mode under "options>applications>highlight google voice and press bbm button and select disable compatability mode"

Clear as mud

Yeah, that's the trick. It works now.

And, I have one more problem - the RSA SecurID soft token. It doesn't work since 5.0.0.607 and all the hybrid after that. Any input?

Thanks.
    05-06-10 05:52 PM
    When I run APP Loader after I replace the Java files it says I am downgrading system files. The only file that shows as a downgrade is thw Net_Rim_Services_impl I now have 5.0.0.643 and the version from you is 5.0.0.612. Should I keep the .643 or is there a reason you have .612 in your load?
    you can keep the .643 one if you do not want to have a wifi option =)
    05-06-10 06:44 PM
    I managed to install .676 over .607 and everything seems to be working great except weatherbug elite does not update the homescreen icon at all, not even if I try to force it to. Ive uninstalled it, reinstalled it, pulled battery half a dozen times, and disabled compatibilty mode etc......anyone else have an issue with it, or any ideas on how to remedy?
    05-06-10 08:10 PM
    I managed to install .676 over .607 and everything seems to be working great except weatherbug elite does not update the homescreen icon at all, not even if I try to force it to. Ive uninstalled it, reinstalled it, pulled battery half a dozen times, and disabled compatibilty mode etc......anyone else have an issue with it, or any ideas on how to remedy?
    did you change all your permissions to allow all?
    05-06-10 08:58 PM
    did you change all your permissions to allow all?
    yeah, went to options, applications, weatherbug, blackberry menu button, and edit permissions, and all were set to allow.....its gotta me something that didnt transfer on the install?
    05-06-10 09:09 PM
    For what its worth, on my tenth battery pull, .676 now updates the weatherbug elite homescreen icon.....Thanks OAK
    05-06-10 09:34 PM
    you can keep the .643 one if you do not want to have a wifi option =)
    I see, I have not used my WiFi for a while. Good thing i went with your files.
    05-06-10 11:05 PM
    Thanks OOAK! Only one thing so far.... I cannot open Gears settings under browser options....

Also, what cod file controls spell check? Every OS since .451 spell check would automatically turn into word completion, but I see that in your builds they work perfectly fine. What file(s) control this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 08:16 AM
    I have the white-bar issue:

when in landscape mode home screen, I hit the end call button and it reverts to the profile position wallpaper and top screen controls (clock, radio, etc) BUT rotated to landscape with a white bar (1 icon's width) running down the right side. Goes away of I click the screen (goes back to the landscaped home screen) or if I rotate the berry.

hard to tell, but there is a white band running down the right side of this screen
    05-07-10 02:11 PM
    I can confirm this as well..
    05-07-10 02:59 PM

when in landscape mode home screen, I hit the end call button and it reverts to the profile position wallpaper and top screen controls (clock, radio, etc) BUT rotated to landscape with a white bar (1 icon's width) running down the right side. Goes away of I click the screen (goes back to the landscaped home screen) or if I rotate the berry.

hard to tell, but there is a white band running down the right side of this screen
    I can confirm this as well..
    If I remember correctly this is actually an issue with the .607 radio, I know this is not the first time I've heard about it.

If you hit your bb button it will go back to normal, or changing rotations will work just as well.
    05-07-10 10:53 PM

Side note - thats a bad @ss wallpaper lol
    05-07-10 10:54 PM

Any chance of getting the link to that wallpaper, looks great.
    05-08-10 07:20 AM
    Besides the Gears issues, I can't get my wifi to connect to any access points.
    Last edited by Kamika007z; 05-08-10 at 08:16 AM.
    05-08-10 08:13 AM
    I had the same problem too. Got fedup, downgraded to Ooak 669 hybrid
    05-08-10 11:38 AM
    me too any solutions?
    05-08-10 12:22 PM
    Is there a 607 based hybrid that fixes the Bluetooth issues with volume and hands free operations or is it the radio? I have asked this before and no one answers other than those that say "I never had Bluetooth issues with 607."
    05-08-10 02:35 PM
    me too any solutions?
    bump for any solution?
    05-08-10 08:01 PM
    Is there a 607 based hybrid that fixes the Bluetooth issues with volume and hands free operations or is it the radio? I have asked this before and no one answers other than those that say "I never had Bluetooth issues with 607."
    I've never had any issue with the BT. What kind of issues are you having?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-08-10 08:45 PM
109 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD