Likely the radio. You might have also noticed that the time doesn't always update correctly until you touch the screen. This is also a radio issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So would this hybrid work with the 419 radio?

05-09-10 11:05 AM
    Unfortunately, no, it's too far advanced and there are too many differences between the two platforms. You'd need to look for hybrids which are built for the .419 radio file. Of course, that will mean that you'd be dealing with the .419 radio, which also has some of it's downsides (including the black lines on SMS issue, as well as a less consistent connection, etc.). You just need to decide which one you'd rather have and then pick the hybrids accordingly.
    05-09-10 01:55 PM
    Unfortunately, no, it's too far advanced and there are too many differences between the two platforms. You'd need to look for hybrids which are built for the .419 radio file. Of course, that will mean that you'd be dealing with the .419 radio, which also has some of it's downsides (including the black lines on SMS issue, as well as a less consistent connection, etc.). You just need to decide which one you'd rather have and then pick the hybrids accordingly.
    +1 its a guaranteed 523 error...480+ javas are weird like that...

05-09-10 03:09 PM
    Ok this hybrid is screwing up my phone everytime I close the browser or end a phone call, half my screen is white and I can't fix it unless I do a battery pull. Idk maybe its the sifi

05-09-10 03:20 PM
    Ok this hybrid is screwing up my phone everytime I close the browser or end a phone call, half my screen is white and I can't fix it unless I do a battery pull. Idk maybe its the sifi

Try wiping and reloading. I'm not having any issues like that.

05-09-10 03:50 PM
    me neither....

on a side note... Retro what happened with the Droid experience?
    05-09-10 05:38 PM
    me neither....

on a side note... Retro what happened with the Droid experience?
    i believed i fixed my error somehow?? and the droid, its a good phone but my storm 1 did everything i wanted the phone to do, emails is slow on droid, didn't like the messaging(had to get 3rd party app for easy texting ) droid battery life is not even in comparison to my storm, i can go 2 1/2 days on my storm without need of charge while the droid i have to charge halfway through my day(i tried every possible setting to fix battery life) even was rooted on droid and still wasn't happy about the phone. storm 2 is better in my opinion but i guess i will wait for the 9650 or storm 2
    Last edited by Retrokid223; 05-09-10 at 09:36 PM.
    05-09-10 09:33 PM
    9650 = nice. Don't know what the battery life is on it yet, but it should be similar to the 9700. If you want one with a keyboard, I'd definitely wait for the 9650. Of course it sure helps that it has 512MB app memory. .

05-10-10 01:36 AM
    9650 = nice. Don't know what the battery life is on it yet, but it should be similar to the 9700. If you want one with a keyboard, I'd definitely wait for the 9650. Of course it sure helps that it has 512MB app memory. .

yea deff the memory is a big thing but i just wished it had a 5 MP camera then it would be the bomb
    05-10-10 10:39 AM
    This hybrid is f'n great. Only my second hybrid (first was 419\607), not sure why I waited this long to jump on the bandwagon.

I did a COMPLETE wipe before installing everything. Wanted to make sure there would be no issues. Also did about 3 or 4 battery pulls before I re-activated, and one more after activation completed.

Started out with 42MB (shrinked and removed mostly language files). After a few apps, went down to 36MB where it was stable for most of the morning. It's currently at 33MB after about half a day, but even if it settles down to 25MB i'll be happy. I was getting max 25MB on 419/607 and it would eventually make its way down to 12-15MB.

Some fonts are bigger (1XEV), some are smaller (Portrait keyboard). Reception seems a bit better. Interface is very snappy, browser is MUCH faster than 419/607 (which wasn't bad in my opinion, but much better than a vanilla 419 install).

Haven't had much time to assess battery life, but if the reception is better I won't mind charging it more often (I charge it every night anyway).

Definitely a keeper!
    05-10-10 04:25 PM
    I've been running this hybrid since it came out and it's been great, except for a few things. I listen to music A LOT so I don't know if anyone's mentioned this but I've found that when the phone is locked:
    1) If you have music playing, the mute button doesn't start/pause the music.
    2) You can't turn the volume up/down with the rocker.
    3) Holding the volume rocker up/down for a few seconds won't go to the next/previous song.
    Other than that the hybrid's been great.
    05-10-10 08:43 PM
    I noticed that in MLB 2010 the game day feature doesn't work

05-10-10 09:15 PM
    @Mexiking, this isn't happening to me. All 3 things you listed work perfectly fine for me. Did you do a complete wipe or did you install over an existing hybrid? (fyi i did a full wipe before loading).
    05-10-10 10:03 PM
    I did a complete wipe from my previous .623 hybrid and installed the .676 hybrid early yesterday morning. It seems to have fixed the problem with the black lines that constantly appeared in my SMS screen for starters. Response time has increased noticeably & browser speed seems faster. The lock/unlock button has been working flawlessly with no lag/glitch at all for the first time for me (I've tried MANY hybrid/non-hybrid OS's). Battery life seems pretty normal so far, but I haven't been using it heavy today. If my battery life opionion changes on this hybrid, I'll share my new opinion.

Annoyances I've noticed so far are that in portrait mode, the font is too big with the 1XEV & time/date (not that big of a deal, but bugs me nevertheless) and the biggest annoyance is that when I tilt my phone from portrait to side view, it sometimes leaves the home screen in portrait view (messed up resolution) with the right hand quarter of the screen whited out. Rotating it back and forth seems to correct it, but it's an annoying glitch.

Overall, with only one day's use, I would recommend trying out this release. I think I read one other user's comments in this thread with the same partial white screen glitch, but so far we seem to be the only two with this issue (unless others just haven't mentioned it).
    05-11-10 06:51 AM
    I have also found that MLB AtBat does not work correctly. You can not access the gameday info.
    Other than that, this hybrid is great so far.
    Does anyone have a fix for the MLB issue?
    05-11-10 07:49 AM
    I have also found that MLB AtBat does not work correctly. You can not access the gameday info.
    Other than that, this hybrid is great so far.
    Does anyone have a fix for the MLB issue?
    only lyrics hybrid gets mlbatbat to work, it seems to be a java thing that even he had to fix between his version 1 and version 2...
    check it out if mlbatbat is important to you
    05-11-10 08:11 AM
    I've been running this hybrid since it came out and it's been great, except for a few things. I listen to music A LOT so I don't know if anyone's mentioned this but I've found that when the phone is locked:
    3) Holding the volume rocker up/down for a few seconds won't go to the next/previous song.
    I have had this problem too. What I did was made a copy of all my files on my card. Reformated my card and put all the files back and it fix it. Make sure you only copy the mp3 files and not the thumb.bat file.

05-11-10 09:32 AM
    iggypop and synisterwolf, thanks for trying to help, but neither of your solutions fixed my problem, I'm okay with having to unlock my phone to change the songs though.
    05-12-10 06:49 PM
    ah well... there's more hybrids you can try now lol. In general I like this hybrid but I'm kinda disappointed with the battery life. Seems fine throughout the day, and then it drops after work - I think it's voice calls that make the battery drain quickly.
    05-12-10 09:31 PM
    I just tested it, I have none of the problems listed.
    05-13-10 10:20 AM
    I just tested it, I have none of the problems listed.
    I tested this as well and have none of the problems listed.

This hybrid seems pretty stable so far, in terms of memory and battery life. I had tried Lyricidal's hybrid and the memory leak was too much--but then, it may have been device related as many problems seem to be. Lots of people seem to have different experiences with the same hybrid on their devices.
    05-13-10 11:47 AM
    So I gave up on waiting for a leak or release from VZW and just took a dive into this.

I've only had it up for a couple of hours, but so far so good. I am coming from 423 which I had no problems with. I will keep you all updated as the days go by. But as of now, I loaded with 25 megs of app memory with the typical apps.

Pattern Lock
    Youtube
    Facebook
    Score Mobile
    ESPN
    Worms
    WHere
    etc.
    05-13-10 02:23 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD