Isn't it funny how one phone can work just right and another have many issues?
    Me too, curious...?!?
    Mine works fine, .607/.643
    04-26-10 09:39 PM
    Its very strange, for sure. I can't remember the last time I had any major problems like I did with any hybrid based off .607 - I also tried Lyricidal's.

The only thing I miss going back to .517 is the scrolling agenda calendar. But the only way it worked was by viewing free time... Not worth it.
    04-26-10 10:32 PM
    This brings up a question I've had about using Hybrid OS's. I've always copied the Java files from the Hybrid over top of the files in the Official OS Java folder. That replaces most/many of the .cod files in the Java folder but also leaves behind some of the original .cod files. I realize that another approach is to replace the entire Java folder of the Official release with the Hybrid folder.

Which is the right approach? Are people using both approaches resulting in some of the differences we are seeing in the results?
    04-27-10 09:30 AM
    Good question wittregr. I do what you do, copy/replace the files. I'll be interested in hearing the right approach.
    04-27-10 09:41 AM
    I either go into the java folder and delete everything in there then go back and copy and paste the new java files into it. I do this when it is a Rar file and sometimes it will not extract it into a proper folder. If it does extract into another "java" folder I delete the previous java folder and cut and paste new java folder into the shared file. Always works for me as I have never bricked a BB yet!
    That is my method and I think most use the same. I can't think of another way to do it unless you have an .exe installer like Lyricidal does on his hybrids/
    04-27-10 10:07 AM
    I have always deleted the existing Java in the leak, moved the new Java folder over, installed on phone and never had a problem either .

Does anyone have the issue in landscape where you get a white bar when hitting the end key ?
    04-27-10 10:18 AM
    I just copy and paste, select "replace" when duplicate files show up. This leaves some prior cods, but never had a problem. When it's only a few cods I use BBSAK.
    04-27-10 10:22 AM
    Just wiped, reinstalled, and now reloading over the fresh .517 java; forgot I loaded your hybrid over seanren78's 8.5 hybrid....
    04-27-10 08:25 PM
    I'm generally with this hybrid - been using it for three days now. However, my BB has a little lag now, and I need a reboot every day. I'm not sure if its because of the Hybrid, or AddOnIs or BerryWeather (the two apps always on).
    04-28-10 01:25 AM
    Is there any leaked agin?
    Can not wait for your another and latest Hybrids OOAK
    9550 on .607/.643 >>> for the time being is the best.
    04-28-10 10:54 PM
    With heavy usage my battery didn't last long at all. But with moderate usage during school 3-4% discharge rate; not too bad. But once I got the media player going and heavy texting, dropped from 70% battery down to 20% in a matter of a few hours....
    04-28-10 10:56 PM
    I never had good luck with the .517 base but with 607/643 I'm consistently amazed at battery life. Yesterday with moderate use, a few phone calls, I maxed out around 5%/hr. Idling I routinely get <1%/hr. It seems to have gotten better over time.
    04-29-10 08:34 AM
    With heavy usage my battery didn't last long at all. But with moderate usage during school 3-4% discharge rate; not too bad. But once I got the media player going and heavy texting, dropped from 70% battery down to 20% in a matter of a few hours....
    Don't get me wrong, I would love a battery that lasts all day...and if you use your BB as a phone and email machine, it will. But NOBODY should expect long life if you are using the media player, texting heavily, maybe BT on, etc., for "a few hours." These batteries are just too small because most people seem to want smaller and smaller phones, thin as a wafer! This isn't me - I prefer a "brick," but I am in the minority. So have a spare charger handy at work and in your car (VZ Navigator is also a battery hog) if you want to listen to play music for a few hours. They just are not designed for that purpose. Phone first, emails, text, media...
    04-29-10 10:02 AM
    They just are not designed for that purpose. Phone first, emails, text, media...
    I see where you're coming from, but the funny thing is on my device when I use the phone the I can literally watch the percentage go down with meterberry while I'm on it very rapidly. The reason I bought my Blackberry is because it suits all my needs in a phone. But I'm more on the consumer-end rather than the business-end; I'm still in high school. But like I said this phone gets the job done for everything I need out of it, just not as long as I'd please. But with newer radio builds it seems as though the battery gets better and better. But from 70% down to 20% is unheard of, and I'm not pointing any fingers, could be recently downloaded themes etc.

All I know is I compliment the work of the hybrid builders that produce quality builds such as OOAK, this build sure as heck has plenty of speed and smoothness all across.
    04-29-10 11:52 AM
    I have reverted back to 517 with the Hybrid over the top of it (says 580)
    607 with 643 was too bugy (607 issue my guess)
    static radio and cross talk
    backlight goes bright then normal
    1/2 screen goes white
    Phone locked up required battery pull
    BT head set volume went low, battery pull
    04-29-10 12:15 PM
    I have the Precision RIM theme and there is also a Precision TIM theme now on my phone too. Did the TIM theme come from the Bold, and is it okay to delete it?
    04-29-10 12:21 PM
    Even with 517/643 I notice the occasional slowdown that prevents me from doing anything for about 5 minutes. It seems to only happen when Viigo is left running - I've always had Viigo though, so it might be incompatible for some reason?
    04-29-10 03:12 PM
    Even with 517/643 I notice the occasional slowdown that prevents me from doing anything for about 5 minutes. It seems to only happen when Viigo is left running - I've always had Viigo though, so it might be incompatible for some reason?
    I have seen that there were a couple complaining of this. One thing I noticed when I ran this hybrid over .517 is in BBM when I tried to restore my contacts and I couldn't use the screen to do it. The phone then got very laggy and I ended up using the BB menu to restore them. The phone went in and out with lag and I couldn't handle it anymore.

I even went fro OOAK to Lyricidal's .643 over .517 and got the same thing...

After a day or so I went to the .623 hybrid over .517 and it has been the smoothest running hybrid I have had thus far...

Nothing at all against OOAK's hybrids as I ran into the same issues with Lyric's .643. But I went to Lyric's .623 and have had no issues (wasn't even sure if OOAK has a .623 hybrid or not). Even could restore my BBM contacts with the screen and not the menu and virtually no lag what so ever.

Just an idea for you guys struggling with this..... OOAK make some very nice hybrids and I keep going back and forth between his and Lyrics, but this .623 hybrid worked very nice for my phone..... But not every device is the same..
    04-29-10 03:52 PM
    I have the .643 hybrid installed with the base of 607, and I have found that some apps like the "colorID" dont work with the virtual keyboard anymore. Found that it even happened with the straight 607, so my question is would i be able to install the .517 keyboard in place of the .607/.643 keyboard?
    04-30-10 10:56 AM
    Just a kudos out to OOAKDPC...

Been running 643 over the 517 sfi for a week now.

• Excellent battery life (1.6% / hour idle)
    • Stable (no auto or manual reboots needed)
    • Browser is quick (as the BB browser goes)
    • Opera mini working fine
    • Camera working well
    • Flipping through photos is quick

Orange = Noticed but no biggie
    • Signal meter sometimes not accurate (may show no signal when its actually fine). This is likely in the 517 sfi though.
    • Scrolling in calendar still not kinetic
    • Accelerometer seems to lag more at times, or doesn't sense what orientation it's in (again, probably the sfi)

Barring the leak of a better 9550 sfi, I think this is my OS until 6.0 comes to the 9550 in "the third quarter" (third quarter is RIM speak for second quarter 2011).
    Last edited by TBacker; 04-30-10 at 11:25 AM.
    04-30-10 11:19 AM
    I got the .664 Java with the .607 sfi up and running, but it is still unstable. It seems that the .664 java isn't playing good here.

Last edited by romman; 04-30-10 at 11:29 PM.
    04-30-10 11:23 PM
    call your cell phone, then hit the end call button and see if that works...
    04-30-10 11:27 PM
    Uploading the .664 hybrid now, should be up in about an hour or so.
    04-30-10 11:33 PM
    The end call works fine.
    04-30-10 11:35 PM
    Uploading the .664 hybrid now, should be up in about an hour or so.
    Here we go OAK.

Just a note: Camera Green Buttons are NOT showing up with the .664, but camera works.

Thank you.
    Last edited by romman; 05-01-10 at 12:34 AM.
    04-30-10 11:36 PM
209 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD