i have the 517 base and installed OAK's 594 (or whatever) hybrid. Can I install the 643 hybrid for the 517 base still? just copy the java files into the base and reinstall as usual?
    04-23-10 07:20 AM
    Signal strength is definitely more consistent and stronger. At work with base .607 I was having 1-2 bars and 1x; today I'm at 4 bars and 3G. No idea why if the radio is the same, but nice work OOAK!
    04-23-10 07:29 AM
    Thanks for the updated COD's ... Camera fix was completed and media player is not cut off anymore.

Mahalo...
    04-23-10 10:49 AM
    i have the 517 base and installed OAK's 594 (or whatever) hybrid. Can I install the 643 hybrid for the 517 base still? just copy the java files into the base and reinstall as usual?
    Read the original post and it will answer your question. There are two separate downloads. One for the .607 radio and a different one for the .517 radio. Download the correct one then installation is the same as for any other hybrid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 10:49 AM
    I installed .517, replaced the java files with the hybrid, but my 'About' shows .517, not the new hybrid version. What did I do wrong?

04-23-10 11:00 AM
    OOAKDPC, any difference between the .643 files in this Hybrid, and the .643 files in the 9520 leak that just burst on the scene?

If yes, will there be an udpated Hybrid?

If no, will you buy me a pizza? I am hungry.
    04-23-10 11:54 AM
    Read the original post and it will answer your question. There are two separate downloads.
    I understand there were different sets of files for the different bases. My question was if I already have another hybrid installed over a base (in my case, over 517), can I simply drop the new java folder contents in again and rerun the installer or is there something special to be done first to the base.
    04-23-10 12:35 PM
    I understand there were different sets of files for the different bases. My question was if I already have another hybrid installed over a base (in my case, over 517), can I simply drop the new java folder contents in again and rerun the installer or is there something special to be done first to the base.
    My answer remains the same. If you are using the .517 radio (Which is the sfi file in the CDMA folder) then you download the .517 version from the original post, replace the JAVA folder with the new hybrid one, and install as you would with any OS.

Maybe I don't understand the question, but this hybrid is no different. You use the new hybrid JAVA folder with the .517 radio file.
    04-23-10 12:47 PM
    OOAKDPC, any difference between the .643 files in this Hybrid, and the .643 files in the 9520 leak that just burst on the scene?

If yes, will there be an udpated Hybrid?

If no, will you buy me a pizza? I am hungry.

I have the same question.
    04-23-10 12:51 PM
    Very good. Thanks again!
    04-23-10 12:54 PM
    Well for those of you who are wondering, using the full java results in the same issue of not being able to hang up that we dealt with before.

If we're lucky I will be able to add the keyboard and theme files, testing that out now.
    04-23-10 01:06 PM
    Well for those of you who are wondering, using the full java results in the same issue of not being able to hang up that we dealt with before.

If we're lucky I will be able to add the keyboard and theme files, testing that out now.
    I see you have not yet commented on my Pizza request.

This is going to be considered a Negative in my review of this hybrid then.

:P
    04-23-10 01:25 PM
    After almost 12 hrs I'm at 78% with light use and BT on all day. 1.9% per hour drain. This is awesome.

04-23-10 05:52 PM
    I'm uploading a slightly updated version to the servers as we speak. the links will be the same as before.

the only changes made are that I added in the theme and keyboard cods from the 9520 leak.

The keyboard has been working very well for me, I shockingly have not seen it lock up on me yet.
    04-23-10 10:16 PM
    I'm uploading a slightly updated version to the servers as we speak. the links will be the same as before.

the only changes made are that I added in the theme and keyboard cods from the 9520 leak.

The keyboard has been working very well for me, I shockingly have not seen it lock up on me yet.
    Can you upload just those 2 .cod's so we can BBSAK them in?
    04-23-10 11:09 PM
    x2, that would be awesome
    04-24-10 12:26 AM

Awesome, is it done as in the same links but updated with what you posted here, havent installed it yet wondering if i can download it now with all the updates and fixes you added.

Keep it up, and thanks (:
    04-24-10 02:11 AM
    Ok i dont think im a noob but i cant find the freaking java folder lol!! Ive updated 100 times before but never a hybrid. Can i get some assistence? Thanks guys!
    04-24-10 06:55 AM
    Ok i dont think im a noob but i cant find the freaking java folder lol!! Ive updated 100 times before but never a hybrid. Can i get some assistence? Thanks guys!
    found it. Nevermind. im an *****
    04-24-10 06:57 AM
    Awesome, is it done as in the same links but updated with what you posted here, havent installed it yet wondering if i can download it now with all the updates and fixes you added.

Keep it up, and thanks (:
    yes you can. its all in the original post. Everything should be up and running fine.
    04-24-10 07:53 AM
    it would be just as easy to download the shrunk versions and take then out of that.

theres two theme files and the virtual keyboard cod, if you're running windows you can type 'theme' and 'virt' in the little search box and they should be the only files that come up.
    04-24-10 07:55 AM
    it would be just as easy to download the shrunk versions and take then out of that.

theres two theme files and the virtual keyboard cod, if you're running windows you can type 'theme' and 'virt' in the little search box and they should be the only files that come up.
    That's a nice trick for future reference. Thx. With your builds the S2 is realizing its potential. I can't imagine what else I'd want to take the trouble to upgrade except the cut and paste.

04-24-10 08:20 AM
    Been using the 643 loaded over 517 for 4 about 1.5 days + 10 apps installed and im sitting at 60% battery, 1.9% discharge, and 133mb memory. No complaints here.......
    04-24-10 08:31 AM
    Ok, loaded your Hybrid, OneOfaKindDPC! Will post back in a couple of days my experience with it! Many thanks!!!
    04-24-10 08:50 AM
    Loaded last night, running it on .517. So far so good, browser seems fast, battery running pretty good. I was running Lyricidal's .643 hybrid was was draining my battery pretty quickly, so I am trying this one.
    Will come back later with more updates!

Thanks OOAKDPC!
    04-24-10 09:49 AM
209 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD