Well went to my local verizon store today to get my storm 1 fixed and found out they got their storm2's yesterday and they only got 20. So those will go fast.

Just a heads up...Get there early
    10-27-09 06:17 PM
    lucky you , my stores got 4 and 1 is model
    10-27-09 06:18 PM
    No, they will not go fast. I have two stores in town and they both have 30 phones each. They expect no lines whatsoever.
    10-27-09 06:23 PM
    No, they will not go fast. I have two stores in town and they both have 30 phones each. They expect no lines whatsoever.
    I hope so, I have to be at work at 7, wont get to go until lunch. Im pretty much SOL, but hey i can still try
    10-27-09 06:34 PM
    What are do you live in, I'm sure people would like to go to those stores as a backup. In some other threads I'm seeing numbers like 5-10 in a store which is horrible...
    10-27-09 06:35 PM
    Guys, there is zero promotion associated with this release. Moreover, there's tremendous promotion for a competing phone.

The only people who are in the know about the release and care about these phones are CB users. That said, the only people getting S2s within the first few days of release are CB users and off the street customers who are settling for a S2 because they ran out of Droids.

I wouldn't worry about it.
    10-27-09 06:35 PM
    The East Ann Arbor VZW corp store only got 10 for tomorrow.
    10-27-09 06:56 PM
    Best Buy had a dummy today and a display for the Storm 2. Verizon guy was playing dumb that he didn't know when it was coming out, then said he knew but couldn't say. Told him I'd see him tomorrow to check it out...LOL
    10-27-09 07:06 PM
    Well went to my local verizon store today to get my storm 1 fixed and found out they got their storm2's yesterday and they only got 20. So those will go fast.

Just a heads up...Get there early
    And uh, just which store in the area are you going to? I called the one on F St in D.C., and they told me the same thing... So do I need to be ready to club people over the head in the morning to get myself to the front of the line?
    10-27-09 07:07 PM
    I am near Falls Church, there are about 50 stores around me.

I will say this in addition to what I said earlier. The manager of the store said there is no intentions of doing anything for storm 1 owners. That is why they released 5.0 when they did. Now Storm 1 owners have no reason to need to get a storm 2 except for just wanting a newer device.
    10-27-09 07:16 PM
    What are do you live in, I'm sure people would like to go to those stores as a backup. In some other threads I'm seeing numbers like 5-10 in a store which is horrible...
    Yeah. I think they should get a lot more than that! Atleast!
    10-27-09 07:18 PM
    Well I'm using this opportunity to finally ditch at&t... Which really sucks in this area, even now that they're expanding service into the underground metro stations, it still sucks...
    So I'm not expecting any lines, and hoping there wont be any tomorrow morning...
    10-27-09 07:29 PM
    CrackBerry has 1.6 million users if even 100,000 decide to get this phone on launch there will be shortages.
    10-27-09 08:19 PM
    As long as I can order online and not have any problems, I don't care...I'll be visiting the store to play with one though.
    10-27-09 08:24 PM
    130 in one of mine. StoneRidge mall in San Ramon
    10-27-09 08:30 PM
    CrackBerry has 1.6 million users if even 100,000 decide to get this phone on launch there will be shortages.
    A hundred thousand CrackBerry users are not going to all rush out and get a Storm2 tomorrow. Most of the CrackBerry users are Blackberry fans, but, only a small percentage want a touch screen and many of those will stick with their Storm 1, for now. Many of the rest of us will wait to see how those who do get it feel about it after using it for a couple of weeks. Many more, based on what I have seen in various threads, will wait to compare it to soon to be released Android phones, such as the Droid.

You can be sure, by the way, that Verizon has a lot more than 100,000 units to cover their entire system. Yes, there may be a store here and there that runs out for a day or two, but, most stores will have more than they need for tomorrow. If you are expecting long lines everywhere, you will be disappointed. Nobody even knows about this phone other than a relatively few phone fanatics that follow sites like this. The "general public" is unaware of the Storm2. As of this moment, only hours before the release date, it is not even on the Verizon web site, yet, other than in a press release you really have to dig to find. You should have no problem getting one without camping outside of their door all night.
    10-27-09 08:37 PM
    Guys, there is zero promotion associated with this release. Moreover, there's tremendous promotion for a competing phone.

The only people who are in the know about the release and care about these phones are CB users. That said, the only people getting S2s within the first few days of release are CB users and off the street customers who are settling for a S2 because they ran out of Droids.

I wouldn't worry about it.

lol there is 1.6 million people in cb, theres like about 500 k of people who can buy it and there is like 150 k who want it lol, now go to Youtube RIGHT NOW and put blackberry 9550 and almost all the comments, (if not all) say "i am getting this baby at lunch date" which is tomorrow, only because the droid is fast, does not mean everyone wants it no one i know wants the droid, it is just an iphone that is not "colorful" that is a slider, if you like, okay then get it some people

lol anyways, can not wait to get this baby lol
    10-27-09 08:45 PM
    gnfishin I think you made my point. CrackBerry can pull enough demand to have runs on some stores. Yes they may have more than 100,000 but if it's not allocated correctly there will be shortages.

I predict not everyone who wants one on launch day will get it because of a shortage. No where near the Storm 1 level, I would agree. But it will happen.
    10-27-09 10:14 PM
    Wow, that ought to be interesting come tomorrow; we hope!!!
    10-27-09 10:46 PM
    I got 17 at mine. That sucks! Oh well, I got to get down there fast than.
    10-27-09 11:10 PM
    You should call and get sommeone to hold it for u. I called and asked when the Storm2 is coming the dude said it would be out tommorrow the 28th. He then asked me my name and said ill have one waiting for u.
    10-27-09 11:12 PM
    Yeah, I asked my Verizon store rep and they said first come first serve. I cried a little after that but I had to get their atleast
    10-27-09 11:13 PM
    Yeah, I asked my Verizon store rep and they said first come first serve. I cried a little after that but I had to get their atleast
    y not wait a day and order from vzw online and get free overnight shipping?
    10-27-09 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD