The memory eventally leaks down to zero and I have to battery pull at least once a day. I always completely close out of applications(menu close not just exit button)memory cleaning is on and I have only downloaded one other theme (ivista 2 but I am currently running the original storm theme). Does anyone have any ideas? I am running the official OS (.75 I think?). Any help us MUCH appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 12:38 PM
    how much stuff do you have on your phone? like how many applications
    04-04-09 12:40 PM
    Mine has been doing this too...I'm about to wipe and install something else. I don't know what is causing it, but I have nothing open and phone reboots to 15MB, and goes down to 5 MB after an hour or so. Nothing is open! I used to have 58MB after a reboot.
    04-04-09 12:44 PM
    how much stuff do you have on your phone? like how many applications
    Other than what came installed, probably 10-15 apps. Nothing major though (I still have ~800MB of devise memory) and I never let them run in the background

04-04-09 12:47 PM
    Same here, but there are things that are constantly active even if theyre not 'running' (facebook, weatherbug, weather channel, youmail, etc etc)

i find that my phone tends to drain the memory and battery faster with those installed. so maybe if you have a bunch of apps like that...you know..

then again, it could definitely be the OS
    04-04-09 12:56 PM
    update. get off that ****ty *** .75
    04-04-09 01:03 PM
    update. get off that ****ty *** .75
    Isn't there an official release coming out soon? Do you really think that will give me more memory?

04-04-09 01:10 PM
    im not sure upgrading will change much of the memory but having alot of apps that will lower your memory, theres 3 kinds of memory in you phone the sd card, your applications memory and your device memory. the application memory is the only thing affected by applications and memory leaks the other 2 are not affected by any programs or running programs. its sad though that we get such a small application memory
    04-04-09 01:21 PM
    also, try the desktop manager and delete programs you dont use or want anymore.
    04-04-09 01:24 PM
    Other than what came installed, probably 10-15 apps. Nothing major though (I still have ~800MB of devise memory) and I never let them run in the background

10 to 15 apps could be huge depending on what they are and what they are doing. Also do you have any 3rd party themes installed, some of them will eat up a ton of app memory.

With that low of memory you definitely have some apps that are eating it up and should try getting rid of some.
    04-04-09 01:38 PM
    Upgrade to .113

04-04-09 06:23 PM
    Upgrade to .113

QFT..... I am running .113; have around 36 apps installed, and am sitting at 31.2MB free App memory at the moment. If I mess with some apps, it'll actually go up to 32.0MB... Lowest i've seen it drop was 23.7MB although I do have quickpull scheduled every morning at 5AM
    04-04-09 07:39 PM
    (I still have ~800MB of devise memory) and I never let them run in the background
    this is inconsequential

the storm installs applications into the 128 megabytes of ram not the huge gigabyte of flash memory

genius huh?
    04-04-09 08:27 PM
    My phone still runs decently well with under 10 MBs...running .113. If I run Viigo though, it kills my speed (and battery for that matter). Wish they had more native memory!

04-04-09 10:06 PM
    I can pull my battery, be at 18mb free app memory, set it down & do NOTHING, & it will be at 5mb or less w/in an hour.

I have several applications installed but they are not running.
    I got rid of Vlingo, WeatherBug, & all themes except the default & it still happens.

Why to applications install on the RAM (Application Memory)?
    My 1gb of space is just going to waste.

This performance is unexceptable. I love this phone but the freezing & the lagging caused by this will eventually lead to the phones destruction by my angered hand!

There are obviously a lot of people out there that do not have this issue & probably a few that have a lot of apps installed that don't have the freezing & the lagging caused by low application memory.

I want to install as many apps as I please. I know better to try & run them all at once so why is the BlackBerry designed this way?

As Kenan Thompson says on SNL Weekend Update when he plays Oscar Rogers:

FIX IT!!!
    04-04-09 11:13 PM
    It's not the OS, so don't bother upgrading to fix the problem. Come on guys, upgrading the OS, especially leaked OS's, is not the cure all.
    Review your apps. delete the major ones you don't use one at a time (I know, time consuming) but you should see a difference. With minimal 3rd party apps, you should be seeing about 37-40mgb on 0.75.
    04-05-09 12:43 AM
    You guys need to try this hybrid:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/bb...v1-0-a-194050/

With all the apps (listed in signature) and two custom themes, I still boot at 50+mb!!!
    04-05-09 01:14 AM
    With all the posts I've seen about App memory, I'm starting to get worried. My memory never goes any higher than 20.9mb even after a battery pull, and I've seen it go as low as 600kb. Now that said, I've never experienced any slowdown or glitches or anything requiring me to pull the battery, except for a few lockups, but I was wondering if mine should be reading higher or not. I have a 9530 on Verizon, running .75, with 4 or 5 apps installed and no additional themes. Also, you check the memory usage under Memory in Options, right?
    04-05-09 01:56 AM
    I have vznav, quickpull and slacker and I run about 33.8 of mb, sometimes up to 39. mb. I was told that vznav is a memory hog, but how can that be if it is not in use.

Beeray
    04-05-09 08:19 AM
    I just did a batt pull and have 12 mb or memory. I do have a ton of themes and apps. Maybe, in my dreams, RIM will give us more app memory one day. Or app/theme developers perhaps could make apps that save to memory card.
    04-05-09 08:25 AM
    Hi All,
    Thanks for all of the feedback. I have tried slimming down my apps to just those that I use on a regular basis, and I am not seeing much improvement (start with 20MB now, but still leaks to zero in about 24 hrs and starts lagging around 10MB). Below is the list of what I currently have, turns out it was more than I thought, but doesnt seem overwhelming to me. Anything glaring as a problem causer? Any other ideas why I am not seeing the ~30MB of memory others are reporting?
    The Hockey News
    Wall Street Journal
    Google Maps
    Poynt
    Viigo
    WeatherBug
    Flickr
    YouTube
    Facebook
    SpeedTest
    App World
    Berry Store
    Smart Flicks
    Nintaii Demo
    Bolt
    IBee Farting
    Page Once
    Slacker
    Flight Path
    BB Sports Line
    Accelerometer Demo
    TWSS App
    Iheartradio
    TicketMaster

Again, I am very good about closing out of apps when I am done and not letting them continue running in the background. Any other ideas?!?

Thanks in advance
    04-06-09 01:38 PM
    Hi All,
    Thanks for all of the feedback. I have tried slimming down my apps to just those that I use on a regular basis, and I am not seeing much improvement (start with 20MB now, but still leaks to zero in about 24 hrs and starts lagging around 10MB). Below is the list of what I currently have, turns out it was more than I thought, but doesnt seem overwhelming to me. Anything glaring as a problem causer? Any other ideas why I am not seeing the ~30MB of memory others are reporting?
    The Hockey News
    Wall Street Journal
    Google Maps
    Poynt
    Viigo
    WeatherBug
    Flickr
    YouTube
    Facebook
    SpeedTest
    App World
    Berry Store
    Smart Flicks
    Nintaii Demo
    Bolt
    IBee Farting
    Page Once
    Slacker
    Flight Path
    BB Sports Line
    Accelerometer Demo
    TWSS App
    Iheartradio
    TicketMaster

Again, I am very good about closing out of apps when I am done and not letting them continue running in the background. Any other ideas?!?

Thanks in advance
    OMG!! You have a few memory eaters on here. RSS Readers are always running looking for new artcles even when you tell it not to. Dump Viigo and/or Wall Street Journal. FaceBook and Weatherbug are also hogs. FaceBook intergrates itself with multiple functions on your phone and is always looking for new messages. Same with Flickr. You have Google Maps and Poynt. Both applications use GPS which means they are always runnng even when you think they are not to update your location. You also have 2 applications that stream radio. I suggest that you minimize multiple applications that do the same thing, thus usng the same resources. You may can live with the Viigo leak. OK, so get rid of WSJ. I must admit, however, I have multiple apps. that use GPS (GoogleMaps, Superpages, BlackBerry Maps, and VZNav). I also know where my leak is coming from and I choose to lve with it. Let's face it. A 128MB processor is not strong enough for the amount of dynamic applications you can place on a 1 gig on-board memory smartphone. I hope RIM is thinking 256 for next time.
    04-06-09 11:42 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I start out in the low 20's and after roughly six hours i'm down below 4mb. I wouldn't mind too much if it didn't delete my sms.

Currently running .114 v3 hybrid
    viigo
    solytare
    berrylabyrinth
    level
    myspace
    espn (launcher)
    comedy central (launcher)
    Crackberry (launcher)
    youtube
    stormsketch
    quickpull
    facebook

anyone have any clues?
    04-07-09 12:17 AM
    OMG!! You have a few memory eaters on here. RSS Readers are always running looking for new artcles even when you tell it not to. Dump Viigo and/or Wall Street Journal. FaceBook and Weatherbug are also hogs. FaceBook intergrates itself with multiple functions on your phone and is always looking for new messages. Same with Flickr. You have Google Maps and Poynt. Both applications use GPS which means they are always runnng even when you think they are not to update your location. You also have 2 applications that stream radio. I suggest that you minimize multiple applications that do the same thing, thus usng the same resources. You may can live with the Viigo leak. OK, so get rid of WSJ. I must admit, however, I have multiple apps. that use GPS (GoogleMaps, Superpages, BlackBerry Maps, and VZNav). I also know where my leak is coming from and I choose to lve with it. Let's face it. A 128MB processor is not strong enough for the amount of dynamic applications you can place on a 1 gig on-board memory smartphone. I hope RIM is thinking 256 for next time.
    Don't be stupid. If GPS aware apps are not running, they WILL NOT POLL THE GPS CHIPSET TO UPDATE LOCATION.

Also, I don't know what to say about the second bold statement... a 128MB processor.... that's a good one.
    04-07-09 12:57 AM
    Lmfao sorry That's all I could do when I read the title of this thread. Haha gotta suck

P.s hope you fix ur problem bro. No hard feelings lol

04-07-09 01:17 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD