ok, I am hanging out in my office waiting to place my order.. maybe I should just go home... it's 12:22 and nothing yet
    And I thought I was a workaholic!
    11-20-08 11:34 PM
    Damn! Reading all these post makes me wonder if I so go to sleep and wake up at 6 and go to a local Verizon store or wait and order it on line. What do you guys think are the chance of me been able to walk into a Verizon store tomorrow and picking one up? (NYC Queens)
    11-20-08 11:38 PM
    Damn! Reading all these post makes me wonder if I so go to sleep and wake up at 6 and go to a local Verizon store or wait and order it on line. What do you guys think are the chance of me been able to walk into a Verizon store tomorrow and picking one up? (NYC Queens)
    Im gonna say your chances are somewhere between 0-100%! Actually it seems like it is gonna be kinda hard, but who really knows
    11-20-08 11:41 PM
    12:46....going to sleep.

Don't have the time and energy to brave the store(m?) tomorrow. Will probably just wait till Saturday....good luck to all!
    11-20-08 11:47 PM
    I would really love it if I can get it tomorrow, however I am catching the last train out of NYC and won't be home until close to 4 AM. There is no way I am getting up at 6 and wait outside some store in freezing cold for 2 hours for a phone. I will try to order it online and have it shipped by Saturday if possible. If not I will wait till Tuesday on my day off...
    11-20-08 11:48 PM
    Best bet is that their updated page won't be up until after 3:00 EST....
    11-20-08 11:51 PM
    Best bet is that their updated page won't be up until after 3:00 EST....
    This is actually quite accurate because websites are taken down for maintenance & updating around 2-4am EST. My suggestion guys, go to sleep set your alarm clocks for 0500 & get up & place your online order.

ZZZZ
    11-20-08 11:59 PM
    Mostly likely after midnight west coast.
    11-21-08 12:03 AM
    I certainly hope that all this waiting and loss of sleep is worth it in the end.
    11-21-08 12:04 AM
    3:00 EST - midnight in the west
    11-21-08 12:05 AM
    I certainly hope that all this waiting and loss of sleep is worth it in the end.
    It will be.
    11-21-08 12:05 AM
    Stupid question....when they do post it, will it be at top of page or bottom...what do you think
    11-21-08 12:09 AM
    Organized by price, therefore at the bottom.
    11-21-08 12:10 AM
    Interesting post on CNN..the president-elect blackberry was breached yesterday....carrier=VERIZON
    11-21-08 12:19 AM
    Interesting post on CNN..the president-elect blackberry was breached yesterday....carrier=VERIZON
    NO ... his BlackBerry was NOT breached ... his billing records were.

Obama's cell phone records breached - CNN.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Records from a cell phone used by President-elect Obama were improperly breached, apparently by employees of the cell phone company, his transition team said Thursday.
    An Obama spokesman said the transition team was told employees at Verizon Wireless looked through billing records.

An Obama spokesman said the transition team was told employees at Verizon Wireless looked through billing records.

Spokesman Robert Gibbs said the team was notified Wednesday by Verizon Wireless that it appears an employee improperly went through billing records for the phone, which Gibbs said Obama no longer uses.

In an internal company e-mail obtained by CNN, Verizon Wireless President and CEO Lowell McAdam disclosed Wednesday that "the personal wireless account of President-elect Barack Obama had been accessed by employees not authorized to do so" in recent months.

McAdam wrote in the e-mail that the phone in question has been inactive for "several months" and was a simple voice flip-phone, meaning none of Obama's e-mail could have been accessed.

The CEO also wrote the company has alerted "the appropriate federal law enforcement authorities."

Gibbs said that while the Secret Service has been notified, he is not aware of any criminal investigation. He said he believes it was billing records that were accessed.

Gibbs said that anyone viewing the records likely would have been able to see phone numbers and the frequency of calls Obama made, but that "nobody was monitoring voicemail or anything like that."

Verizon Wireless, meanwhile, has launched an internal probe to determine whether Obama's information was simply shared among employees or whether "the information of our customer had in any way been compromised outside our company, and this investigation continues," according to McAdam.

In the e-mail, McAdam said that employees who were permitted access to these records will be allowed to return to work, but employees who accessed the account for "anything other than legitimate business purposes will face disciplinary action, up to and including termination."
    11-21-08 12:34 AM
    Well at least this isnt as bad as Costco and the ps3's ahha
    11-21-08 12:44 AM
    lol @ Wirefly.com
    they got the Storm pictured under Verizon phones with a "SHIPS FRIDAY" message, but when you click on it you are forwarded to some piece of junk LG.
    11-21-08 12:58 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD