04-27-10 11:23 AM
    Looks good.Definitely a much needed improvement. Now if only they had some cool handsets to run it. Sorry but the clamshell and slider do absolutely nothing for me. Where is the Storm 3? Thats what they should be showing off.
    04-27-10 11:31 AM
    Looks good.Definitely a much needed improvement. Now if only they had some cool handsets to run it. Sorry but the clamshell and slider do absolutely nothing for me. Where is the Storm 3? Thats what they should be showing off.
    Funny I said the same thing in another thread and I got a some bb apologists rushing to their defense.

I believe a lot of people were hoping for a S3 announcement. Since they didn't even say one was "in the works", you can pretty much discount it for 2010 all together. RIM is going to get hammered in the touchscreen market now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 02:00 PM
    I have a Storm 1 and I wouldn't trade it in for the Storm 2. The S2 in my opinion lacks any improvements over the S1. I feel it is more sluggish than the original and they skimped on parts for thew S2. It just doesn't measure up in my eyes. So I don't expect the S3 to be any better.
    05-02-10 08:49 PM
    I have a Storm 1 and I wouldn't trade it in for the Storm 2. The S2 in my opinion lacks any improvements over the S1. I feel it is more sluggish than the original and they skimped on parts for thew S2. It just doesn't measure up in my eyes. So I don't expect the S3 to be any better.
    I just want this on my 9530!!!
    05-02-10 09:43 PM
    The info from BB was so vague ... Is the OS 6 something we will be able to download to our Storms or is this something that will be on a new model?
    05-03-10 08:50 AM
    WOW... Really? I had a Storm 1 for over a year and got the Storm 2 a couple months back. I gave the Storm 1 to my girlfriend. I have to say its NIGHT AND DAY better. There is nothing on the S1 that is better then the S2. Its everything the 1 was supposed to be, but was rushed out. I go back and use the S1 that i gave the my GF and can't believe how much different it is.

05-04-10 03:35 PM
    Funny I said the same thing in another thread and I got a some bb apologists rushing to their defense.

I believe a lot of people were hoping for a S3 announcement. Since they didn't even say one was "in the works", you can pretty much discount it for 2010 all together. RIM is going to get hammered in the touchscreen market now.

I wouldn't discount it all.

05-05-10 01:25 AM
    thats 2 words....
    05-05-10 01:51 AM
    thats 2 words....
    LOL. But I think the word was "wow!!!".
    05-05-10 03:01 AM
    This is definitely because you don't own one. If you used an S2 for an hour, you'd see how terrible the 9530 is in comparison. Also, the parts are better and more polished on the S2. You're nuts.
    05-05-10 03:22 AM
    From what I've heard OS 6 will be for newer devices... that have at least 256MB of memory, so I don't see the S1 being able to run it. Plus why would they invest any additional time developing an OS for an out of production model.

As for the S3 not being announced. BIG mistake if they don't have an updated touchscreen ready by the time the S1 users come to the end of their original 2 year contracts. They will be looking for an upgrade and the S2 is already way behind the competition, if RIM doesn't have an answer to the DROIDs and possible the iPhone and maybe the Windows7 Phones....
    05-05-10 01:32 PM
    after having my incredible for a week now i must say that BB always will do some things better. and have loyal users. until a phone becomes FULLY push compatible, a bb will still be king. Iphones are the closest to this right now, android still has some learning to do
    05-05-10 01:47 PM
    BB is not King of the smartphones, they might be in the US but in Global sales Nokia is King.

While BB sales figures have increased over last years... their market share has slightly decreased while Apple, HTC and Motorola have all increased their market share of smartphone sales.

I agree that BB does somethings right... But you have to admit that these other guys do some thing right too. And some of the things a BB did best they are catching up too. How much faster is BB PUSH email than Active Sync?? There are times I have done some test and it took as long as 12 minutes for an email to show up in my BIS account. But my BIS account does not wirelessly sync contacts, sent emails, calendar or tasks... As I understand it Active Sync that Android and other use will allow the syncing of all your outlook items wirelessly.
    Sure if you have your own BB Enterprise Server and pay for the upgraded account for each BB you can have BES... but how much more does that cost??
    05-07-10 05:40 PM
    I'm still holding on to my 3 9530's just in case some new life might be introduced to them
    05-07-10 06:01 PM
    So someone liking a different phone style than you like makes them a "bb apologist"?

Do you like In & Out Burger or are you one of those McD's apologists?

I don't like typing on a Storm. You'll probably make up some excuses to cover that failure for RIM... Would that make you an apologist?
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 05-07-10 at 06:37 PM.
    05-07-10 06:34 PM
    I'm still holding on to my 3 9530's just in case some new life might be introduced to them
    That's really stupid. I could see keeping one just in case, (not that it's going to get OS 6 regardless, as pointed out by about 30 people on here over and over and over again) but 3? Seriously?
    05-07-10 06:43 PM
    http://crackberry.com/video-first-lo...g-blackberry-6

Just took another look at OS6 in action on the 9670.... Sorry but it maybe an upgrade for the BB OS, but it isn't the overhaul that the BB OS needs to remain relevant in today's market place.

And the 9670 may fill a niche, but it sure is an ugly little thing - think it will appear more to women who may want to have a flip phone in their purse. Maybe they will go ahead an release it in some more appealing colors???
    05-10-10 10:02 AM
    Video First Look At The BlackBerry 9670 Running BlackBerry 6 | CrackBerry.com

Just took another look at OS6 in action on the 9670.... Sorry but it maybe an upgrade for the BB OS, but it isn't the overhaul that the BB OS needs to remain relevant in today's market place.
    You've come to this conclusion from watching a two minute video??!! Without even a Hands on experience! Amazing! I wish I had the insight that you do!

05-18-10 01:48 PM
    From the 2 minute long RIM commercial that was posted earlier, I could not tell much... really doubt much of it was even real.

But from the 7 minute long video that CellGuru had posted (and I linked to - and now seems to have been pulled)of the new 9670 running OS6, you could see much more about how the new OS worked on a touchscreen device.

Unfortunately it LOOKED pretty much like the same BB OS UI, it was more like a new Theme, than a new OS. Sure there were some upgrades, mainly to the Media Players to make them more iPhoneish.

I'm not saying the OS6 is not an improvement... I'm not saying that OS6 will not be great for the BB TOURS, CURVES and BOLDS... I'm not even saying that there will not be some really cool new features...

What I'm saying is that OS6 does not appear to have an updated touchscreen UI, it is still RIM's basic OS with touchscreen capabilities "tacked" on.
    05-18-10 05:38 PM
    From the 2 minute long RIM commercial that was posted earlier, I could not tell much... really doubt much of it was even real.

But from the 7 minute long video that CellGuru had posted (and I linked to - and now seems to have been pulled)of the new 9670 running OS6, you could see much more about how the new OS worked on a touchscreen device.

Unfortunately it LOOKED pretty much like the same BB OS UI, it was more like a new Theme, than a new OS. Sure there were some upgrades, mainly to the Media Players to make them more iPhoneish.

I'm not saying the OS6 is not an improvement... I'm not saying that OS6 will not be great for the BB TOURS, CURVES and BOLDS... I'm not even saying that there will not be some really cool new features...

What I'm saying is that OS6 does not appear to have an updated touchscreen UI, it is still RIM's basic OS with touchscreen capabilities "tacked" on.
    Look up the specs for that phone....the screen is touch. Not surepress. Bring up your point again if the try to load the same OS on a surepress then we'll have a debate....that phone is a POS tossed together for everyone wishing for a slider blackberry....have fun with THAT suckers lol....

05-18-10 08:48 PM
    What does a phone having or not having "surepress" have to do with the look and operation of the UI???
    05-19-10 01:21 PM
    The UI is a nice update. 6 will be made or broken on speed, stability, app SDK, the browser, and efficiency (data & battery). We have no clue into those things yet. Just wait for the slider to appear and go play with it and see what you think. Then read up on these forums from those who go but it. Then we will all know.....

06-15-10 07:55 AM
    I just came to the realization that the Debut of OS6 shown on a touch screen device IS A CLEAR SIGN A STORM 3 IS COMING. Come on everyone. Even in the vid a virtual keyboard was pulled up. Look at the vertical length of the window in the vid. Everything in those screen shot layouts says STORM 3. Yes the 9800 does, however for it to only come to AT&T. Seriously, would RIM leave us hanging @ VZW. And why in the world would you put a virtual keyboard on a device with a physical keyboard. In the end think about it, like a volcano, all this rumbling from us current Storm owners and RIM is like "Man do we have a trick up our sleeves." When The Storm 3 erupts, its going to blow us away and silence the haterz. Everyone just wait and see. Patience is a virtue. This is perfect marketing for RIM, hmmmm Lets leak this and that and keep eyebrows raised until we're ready for our big shabang. Its coming, I feel it, I can't say when but I'm tellin you all its coming. So hold on to ya butts!!!
    06-24-10 03:13 PM
    I am hoping that the STORM3 is able to compete with what Android and Apple have...

Our company currently only supports Blackberry devices, but there has been talk of allowing Android devices in the near future. Lot of folks have been complaining.... BB are just not as "cool" as they once were.
    06-26-10 03:25 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD