SO I just wiped my BB Storm for the first time and I think I really messed up.
    I basically lost all my third party apps. I even lost Browswer, I have NO idea how to get that back. I know I screwed up on the other things.
    Anyone would like to help? I have to wake up in 3 hours, but this is killing me...

Thanks
    05-21-09 05:03 AM
    Were you doing an upgrade or anything that caused this?

As for the apps, did you do a full back up recently?

The browser you will need to re-register your handheld on the network, and resend your service books, and you should get the browser back.
    05-21-09 05:07 AM
    Were you doing an upgrade or anything that caused this?

As for the apps, did you do a full back up recently?

The browser you will need to re-register your handheld on the network, and resend your service books, and you should get the browser back.
    Yep. Upgrade.

And sadly, I forgot to back up my third party apps, I should've asked someone does the back up cover that as well. And how do I re register? Is it that #225 number or something?
    05-21-09 05:09 AM
    CAn someone please help me?
    05-21-09 05:20 AM
    It's *228 and then option 2 from what I've read, though I'm not with Verizon so I could very easily be wrong.

As for 3rd part apps, these aren't backed up by the normal backup, so the only way to get them back is to install them again one by one I'm afraid.
    05-21-09 05:58 AM
    For the browser.

First try a battery pull.

If that doesn't get it back, do this:

Options>Mobile Network>BB Key>Diagnostics Test>BB Key> Run

This will register your host routing table a resend your service books.

As far as the apps, if you didn;t back them up, it's time to start downloading them again, sorry.
    05-21-09 06:02 AM
    its kinda better you lost your 3rd party apps, now you can see the potential your phone will have with a new software and absoloutley no cause for memory leaks.. and you have to re-send your service books to get your browser back(enables your data) by going to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>BB Key>Register Now
    05-21-09 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD