With all of the new OS builds out, there was one feature that my .75 bb had that i have never seen since... and i miss it. It used to be that when i had a menu open, i could just slide my thumb up or down on the screen and i could select different menu items. Now, i have to literally touch each menu item to select it. Not a BIG deal but it was a nice feature.
    Do i miss it enough to switch back? I think not.......but i wouldn't mind seeing it again in a future build!
    04-25-09 06:51 AM
    Yeah, one of the things that has been removed is the ability for the blue highlight to follow your finger.

It is the same with the icons, it will not do it there either.

The only icons that will follow your finger are the ones under "Media"
    04-25-09 07:32 AM
    They should put it back because it seems to act more like the track ball in my opinion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 08:23 AM
    Just a guess, but it was probably dropped for the same reason as the color levels in the GUI were reduced...to improve performance.

One would hope that the compromises made to improve performance could be restored eventually, but after this many betas and the color issues and the tracking issues still remain, it looks doubtful.
    04-25-09 09:49 AM
    Yea that clearly was the best feature on .75 imo lol.

04-25-09 09:54 AM
    With all of the new OS builds out, there was one feature that my .75 bb had that i have never seen since... and i miss it. It used to be that when i had a menu open, i could just slide my thumb up or down on the screen and i could select different menu items. Now, i have to literally touch each menu item to select it. Not a BIG deal but it was a nice feature.
    Do i miss it enough to switch back? I think not.......but i wouldn't mind seeing it again in a future build!
    Uhh what are you talking about. I went back down to .75 this am and the blue bar in the menu's doesn't act any differently than they did in .109, .113, .122, or .132. You still have to lift your finger and set it back down to highlight a different menu item or icon. In fact you can highlight one icon(say the browser) and drag your finger to the other side of the screen and click the screen and it will open the highlighted icon up.

EDIT: The highlighting will follow your finger in portrait mode with the full menu up. But the menu's still behave the same way.
    Last edited by gtstang462002; 04-25-09 at 01:01 PM.
    04-25-09 12:58 PM
    ...and I thought it was just me!

04-25-09 01:07 PM
    Hmmm... Never realized but its a small price to pay =)

04-25-09 02:12 PM
    I never did change....now that I've read this I won't
    04-25-09 02:14 PM
    But now that I think of it this didn't really maTter it kind of only work on the home screen anyways. It is still the for the media though.

04-25-09 02:37 PM
    Wow, if that is your only reason for not upgrading to a newer OS then you must have been looking for any reason to stay because the benefits far outweigh that single loss.

04-25-09 02:52 PM
    It worked on the quicklaunch menus in
    75 too.....

04-25-09 03:09 PM
    Yeah I miss that too.
    04-25-09 03:33 PM
    I really hope you are joking.

04-25-09 04:14 PM
    So maybe that's the reason VZW is not releasing any new OS!?

On the other hand, the un-sliding way probably helps people with big or greasy fingers not to choose one icon and when pressing it, accidentally slide over to the next one ...
    04-25-09 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD