Don't know if anyone has posted this yet or even realizes it but. You can add to the list of advantages over the Iphone replacement Insurance!

3g Iphone $199.00
    look onyour face when your Iphone breaks and you realize you have to buy another at full price Priceless!
    11-17-08 10:19 AM
    Not true. My friend has already been through 3 new iPhones free of charge for miniscule problems, and my boyfriend is on his second, also for a very minor problem.

Hate on the iPhone all you want (I sure do), but you can't hate on their replacement program. They give out free new replacements like candy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 10:41 AM
    Just going off what I was told when I purchased my Iphone. No replacement available. Maybe there is a warranty of sorts but if the phone is lost stolen or destroyed you have to buy another at full price.
    11-18-08 07:10 AM
    I was actually just wondering this myself. I teach dance and last night one of the teenagers just broke her iPhone screen. She was crying and wouldn't even dance. I asked her mom if they had the insurance and she said that there was no insurance available for the iPhone. I thought it was pretty weird to but a non-insurable phone for a teenager that is so expensive. Is it true that there is no insurance for iPhone?
    11-18-08 07:15 AM
    yep...no insurance through at&t...only a manufacturers warranty. so...phone malfunctions...your covered. you drop it...it's gonna cost you.

I think some people actually have to cover their iphone through their homeowners insurance!

good call...definite advantage for me...considering I am on my 4th treo 700p!

11-18-08 07:30 AM
    yep...

i actually wanted an iphone and left verizon to get one (gasp!)
    yes...so the reception sucks on that phone
    and its basically glass...and they told me if it is dropped or stolen, i have to either
    a. buy a new one at $450
    or

b. extend my contract for 2 more years...and buy one for $400

WTF? so i came back to the good side...and have a storm on the way

to get insurance for it...you have to go through an outside company...i.e. your car insurance company may insure it. emphasis on MAY
    11-18-08 07:39 AM
    wow I had no idea. Boy, I wouldn't get it even if At&Ts service was amazing and I'm an apple fan!
    11-18-08 07:41 AM
    I've got to put this topic to rest once and for all. There IS insurance for the iPhone...it's called Apple Care. It's the same "insurance" that Apple offers on all it's hardware.
    11-18-08 07:42 AM
    Apple care is not insurance from att. It's separate from apple itself which you would pay to extend the iphone's warrenty. If it runs out before you extend it, then you are out of luck
    11-18-08 08:11 AM
    Apple care is not insurance from att. It's separate from apple itself which you would pay to extend the iphone's warrenty. If it runs out before you extend it, then you are out of luck
    Apple care is not technically insurance. It's just a more longer and more comprehensive warranty. Just you would get at any electronics store. Phone insurance is different. For instance, I don't think Apple care covers trauma to any of their devices.

11-18-08 08:20 AM
    Surely there are other companies that would insure the phone. There are a few to choose from here in the UK. I'm not being funny, I wouldn't even consider owning a phone that expensive without it being insured for accidental damage
    11-18-08 08:24 AM
    correct...apple care extends the warranty for another year. covers hard drive defects...etc. but if you drop it or something youre screwed

that was a deal breaker for me
    Last edited by erauno; 11-18-08 at 08:37 AM.
    11-18-08 08:34 AM
    Beware of AT&T...................and replacements.
    11-18-08 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD