O.K....First, I would like to say "Hello" to all on this site. I'm an old Treo user and I made the jump to the Storm 9530 ten days ago. I'm very happy (so far) with all that I use it for. I have a Storm unit from Mexico, manufacture date is 01-15-09. Running .75 (Verizon). The only problem I've seen so far is issues with the alerts. I have my sms,mms,e-mail,pin,and facebook alerts set to chime w/ vibration. When my phone is laying flat on my side table...I don't get any sound 80% of the time. Also no vibration. I did a battery pull on two occations and it works...for the first sms or e-mail...etc. And it just quits making any sound after that. I have been all over this site and did not see anything close to this problem. I have picked up a lot of useful info from all of you and I thank you. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for my problem. I have also tried all kinds of different alert settings...(ex..all settings for in and out of holster...volume...even different tones. Nothing helped. Am I sending this phone back to Verizon or am I missing something?? Oh..btw...I did go back to Verizon and all they did was a battery pull....send one test sms and sent me on my way. I'm getting my $50 rebate straight from the store due to the fact that Verizon stopped the mail-in rebate the day after I got the phone and Verizon has called me three times to try to get me in there to do the rebate and I keep telling them that I'm NOT doing the rebate until the very last second. I want to be sure about the Storm. Sorry for the long post. Help me love my Storm....please. Thank you.
    02-16-09 09:13 AM
    does this happen when you have it charging to your computer?
    or 80% of the time anywhere?
    02-16-09 12:42 PM
    No charging. I never tested it while it was charging. I'll just have the phone sitting next to me laying flat on it's back. Touch screen side up. And most of the time, all I will see is the red indicator light. Nothing else....no sound and or vibrate.
    02-16-09 01:12 PM
    No charging. I never tested it while it was charging. I'll just have the phone sitting next to me laying flat on it's back. Touch screen side up. And most of the time, all I will see is the red indicator light. Nothing else....no sound and or vibrate.
    hmmm not sure i had this same problem but only when i charged my storm through my computer. i had to enable mass storage to option prompt.
    02-16-09 01:27 PM
    Well..Thanks blackman for reading my post. I think I'm gonna do a swap and see if that will solve the problem. I just can't find anything relating to this issue. Thanks again.
    02-16-09 01:47 PM
    Well..Thanks blackman for reading my post. I think I'm gonna do a swap and see if that will solve the problem. I just can't find anything relating to this issue. Thanks again.
    sorry i couldnt be more help
    02-16-09 02:20 PM
    sorry i couldnt be more help
    02-16-09 02:26 PM
    I have tried all versions of both official and leaked OS software and at one time the Bell .76 worked the best at solving this problem. Since upgrading to more recent versions I am unable to get any indications of messages or emails. I can get indications for BB IM, but that is the only one that works. I have tried everything I have read on the forums and manuals. This is the one thing that I really don't like about this phone. Even though I have tried to go back to .76, I can't get it to work any more. I am presently running .103. I have tried wiping the phone first and not, to no avail. I hope someone knows how to fix this problem which I think would fix both the problems.
    02-16-09 03:00 PM
    Don't worry about it blackman. I do thank you for reading the post and trying. I'm the type of person who WILL get their dollars worth. For the money I spent on this device, I will take it back for a new one. And I dare verizon to give me any sh**. I won't put myself through **** but, I don't give up easy. As for powerplay...Don't give up either!! We all deserve a good product with very few hassels. I look forward to picking your brain again soon. I'm going in tomorrow to do the swap. I will post back with any news if anyone is interrested. Stay tuned...
    02-16-09 10:52 PM
    O.K....Done deal. I went back to Verizon to do the swap on my Storm. I had no problems with the exchange. The only thing I had an issue with was the 30 day test drive. At first I was informed that the 30 days would still be up on March 6th. I said..."no deal". I wanted a new 30 day run to make sure no other problems occured. We went back and forth for a bit until I said I just want to return the phone and all the accessories. I guess they didn't want that because I got a new 30 day run starting today. And guess what...my alert problem was solved....thankfully. I guess it was a glitch in the software...don't really know. But, to all who have any problems with your Storm...Stay on top of your fine print...be nice but, don't take "NO" for an answer...and take what you deserve. Like I said...for the money we all pay, we deserve a good product with very little hassels.
    Last edited by DonMan72; 02-20-09 at 12:11 AM.
    02-17-09 07:36 PM
    I'm back again...As you may of read already, I exchanged my Storm 2 days ago for my 2nd one and 1 day later, I had the same issues with the alerts. I went back into Verizon today and exchanged it for my 3rd one. Through trial and error, we found out that the software glitch was being transfered from phone to phone during the info swap..(contacts, settings, etc). When I got the 3rd one activated in store...we had the same problem so, we wiped the phone out and only transfered the contacts to the new phone and...so far...no issues. Just thought someone might want to know about possible software problems and how they could be transfered to your new phone. I suggest only transfering your contacts and NOTHING ELSE. (If your problems seem to follow from one phone to another). If anyone has any questions...post them here and I will check back. Take care all.
    02-20-09 12:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD