My storm 2 is brand new and absolutely flawless except one thing! The screen on the right clicks harder than the left side! As well as the left side has some give when locked while the right does not!

I'm ocd about my click being uniform!

Should I exchange it for another?

Just bought 2 days ago had and know everything ab storm 1 and I absolutely love the storm 2 . So please help on what I should do!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 01:38 AM
    well I would say that if there is some give on one side when the screen is off, then there is a problem and I would go get it replaced. But just for fun, do a battery pull and see if it is a software issue. If that doesn't help, I say replace it and hope the new one is as good as this one but with a fixed screen!

11-09-09 01:51 AM
    My storm 2 is brand new and absolutely flawless except one thing! The screen on the right clicks harder than the left side! As well as the left side has some give when locked while the right does not!

I'm ocd about my click being uniform!

Should I exchange it for another?

Just bought 2 days ago had and know everything ab storm 1 and I absolutely love the storm 2 . So please help on what I should do!

You have a case on it? I find some cases cause screen problems. If so remove the case and see what happens with the keys now.
    11-09-09 01:59 AM
    well I would say that if there is some give on one side when the screen is off, then there is a problem and I would go get it replaced. But just for fun, do a battery pull and see if it is a software issue. If that doesn't help, I say replace it and hope the new one is as good as this one but with a fixed screen!

Yes there is no give except in the side! But its not a click! Just has some give to it! The click is perfect overall but its defenitally different on the two sides and that is gonna bug the heck out of me!

11-09-09 02:06 AM
    Some give in the one side **

11-09-09 02:08 AM
    Get it replaced then. That's gotta be a defect

11-09-09 02:22 AM
    Get it replaced then. That's gotta be a defect

Should there be any movement in the screen at all? And should the click be a more solid crisp click or a smooth easy click?

11-09-09 02:34 AM
    There is going to be some give to the screen, even when off, because its sits on four rubber buttons, which then sit on the piezo discs. If you press the glass hard enough the rubber will give slightly, causing some movement in the screen. I've played with four different S2s, including my own, and they are all the same.

I'm not sure what you mean by what the click should feel like....It's too hard to explain. I would say its a solid, crisp click, but is also a smooth easy click.

As far as one side being harder to click then the other, that could be a defect, I'm not sure. I've been really luck with my S2 and my wife's. We've had no problems so far.
    11-09-09 02:45 AM
    There is going to be some give to the screen, even when off, because its sits on four rubber buttons, which then sit on the piezo discs. If you press the glass hard enough the rubber will give slightly, causing some movement in the screen. I've played with four different S2s, including my own, and they are all the same.

I'm not sure what you mean by what the click should feel like....It's too hard to explain. I would say its a solid, crisp click, but is also a smooth easy click.

As far as one side being harder to click then the other, that could be a defect, I'm not sure. I've been really luck with my S2 and my wife's. We've had no problems so far.

Yea its softer in one side than the other! But the click is nice! But most importantly shouldn't the click and pressure needed be uniform all over the screen?

11-09-09 02:35 PM
    Yea its softer in one side than the other! But the click is nice! But most importantly shouldn't the click and pressure needed be uniform all over the screen?

Yes, the click and the pressure should be uniform. I would exchange it if you have to press a lot harder on one side than the other.

11-09-09 03:02 PM
    i had the same problem. pulled the battery and it was fine
    11-09-09 03:10 PM
    BTW, I would not recommend posting the same thread twice in different days... That wont encourage more people to post about it. It seems almost everyone is telling you to replace it, and thats what you wanted to know, so I would say replace it.
    11-09-09 03:18 PM
    BTW, I would not recommend posting the same thread twice in different days... That wont encourage more people to post about it. It seems almost everyone is telling you to replace it, and thats what you wanted to know, so I would say replace it.
    Well excuse me. But thanks

11-09-09 03:38 PM
    Well excuse me. But thanks

I don't think silent was being mean or hateful. That was good advice. A lot of ppl will get bent out of shape over double posts. It clutters up the forums. If u don't receive an answer, try bumping your thread back up rather than reposting a new one.

11-09-09 04:01 PM
    If you touch a screen some place else it makes it harder to click.

11-09-09 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD