OK so im very new to this site and all things Blackberry, needless to say i love it all.. any how, i know there are people out there that have bought themselves a storm and are afraid to upgrade the OS. well im here to tell you that you neednt worry. its so simple that a ******** monkey on speed could do it.(provided said monkey can read). all you have to do is follow the directions in the (noob help upgrade etc. etc. link) and problem solved. the storm runs so much more smoothly. you wont be dissapointed
    05-26-09 05:11 PM
    + 9millionand2
    05-26-09 05:12 PM
    Look at it this way...
    We were all newbies at one point or another
    Never fear... Crackberry is here
    =)
    05-26-09 05:16 PM
    Agree 100% got my storm last week just upgraded to .148 bout 2 hrs ago. I have to
    Say its a night and day difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 05:20 PM
    [QUOTE=JNLemons;2651239]OK so im very new to this site and all things Blackberry, needless to say i love it all.. any how, i know there are people out there that have bought themselves a storm and are afraid to upgrade the OS. well im here to tell you that you neednt worry. its so simple that a ******** monkey on speed could do it.(provided said monkey can read).

Ok, you may have shamed me into it....I am very reluctant to upgrade because I do not possess what I perceive is the skillset necessary...also, my Storm seems to run fine-I'm not sure what an upgrade would fix!

Did you upgrade from .75 to .148? Which of the many threads/links did you follow to do this upgrade?

Cheers,
    Steve
    05-26-09 05:21 PM
    Look at it this way...
    We were all newbies at one point or another
    Never fear... Crackberry is here
    =)
    Yes this is true, but if you are a newbie and you make one false move you may be burnt to a crisp. It really depends on which social misfit is on at that point in time.
    05-26-09 05:24 PM
    Yes this is true, but if you are a newbie and you make one false move you may be burnt to a crisp. It really depends on which social misfit is on at that point in time.
    Crispy is not always bad , but seriously, ignore the flames and wait for one of the majority of Crackberry users who are usually very helpful. On a blog, flames only hurt if you let them get to you, if you ignore them they usually go away.
    05-26-09 05:33 PM
    [QUOTE=R12RTpilot;2651315]
    OK so im very new to this site and all things Blackberry, needless to say i love it all.. any how, i know there are people out there that have bought themselves a storm and are afraid to upgrade the OS. well im here to tell you that you neednt worry. its so simple that a ******** monkey on speed could do it.(provided said monkey can read).

Ok, you may have shamed me into it....I am very reluctant to upgrade because I do not possess what I perceive is the skillset necessary...also, my Storm seems to run fine-I'm not sure what an upgrade would fix!

Did you upgrade from .75 to .148? Which of the many threads/links did you follow to do this upgrade?

Cheers,
    Steve
    This link will give you everything you need, even if you have a problem.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/
    05-26-09 05:35 PM
    Agree 100% got my storm last week just upgraded to .148 bout 2 hrs ago. I have to
    Say its a night and day difference.

Ok what's with this night and day difference saying. I hear it all the time here, no one has ever said it to me in real life!

05-26-09 05:36 PM
    I would just offer 1 caution every time you upgrade you run the risk of hosing your os, losing or data and/or losing your 3rd party apps. None of this is unfixable, BUT it is essential that you follow the back up instructions before you actual update.

05-26-09 05:39 PM
    I would just offer 1 caution every time you upgrade you run the risk of hosing your os, losing or data and/or losing your 3rd party apps. None of this is unfixable, BUT it is essential that you follow the back up instructions before you actual update.

see...that's my thing I don't want to go through all that
    05-26-09 05:43 PM
    Crackberry.com is the best stop when you have questions about your storm.

05-26-09 05:43 PM
    see...that's my thing I don't want to go through all that
    the ability to restore apps manually, or re-download as necessar is a small inconvenience to pay for a seriously large improvement in functionality...

think of it like you're taking all of the lag and reboot time of one build, and mashing it all into on single block of time and inconvenience and you'll never have to deal with it again after that...
    05-26-09 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD