Sorry to Post this again. I still have not received a solution.

Maybe someone on this forum can help me? No one else can provide a decent answer to my problems.

When downloading OTA I find that whenever I try to open the .jad file I get the following: Install Failed
    907 Invalid COD
    File Not Found

So, because that wouldn't work, I went to wap.getjar.com and downloaded the program(s) and when I go try to open I get the following:
    403: Forbidden
    Access to text/und.sun.j2me.app-descriptor MIME content type denied

When trying to open .jad files via the computer I get the same result. And this is for all Apps that I try to load.

I have a BB Storm 9530 (v4.7.0.76) and am on the Telus network. The device is Java powered

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Sundawg
    03-31-09 12:46 PM
    I take it you have tried a batt pull? Maybe reload the Os? Don't know if that would actually help but worth a shot?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 12:49 PM
    Yes I have. Thanks for the reply. sundawg
    03-31-09 12:51 PM
    a .jad file calls upon .cod files, if the .cod files are missing nothing we or you can do.
    03-31-09 12:52 PM
    No problem, that was my only idea, good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 12:54 PM
    With regards to the COD files. Are these supposed to be in my BB? Are they down loadable? I mean other BB Storm users on Telus seem to be able to do the downloads. sundawg
    03-31-09 12:56 PM
    the .cod files should be on the same site/location as the .jad, and in some cases yes they are downloadable with a pc application Blackberry OTA downloader | download free OTA themes to your desktop
    03-31-09 01:02 PM
    If you're trying to download everything from getjar then I don't doubt it. What are you even trying to get?
    03-31-09 01:17 PM
    Make sure your browser is set to BB emulation also
    03-31-09 01:35 PM
    Some of the apps I have tried are: weatherbug, operamini, google maps, BB weather push and a few others that I can't even remember what they were. By the way, I only tried getjar when all else failed ... and that failed.
    sundawg
    03-31-09 02:08 PM
    SOLVED: God, at times I feel stupid. I was getting frustrated because everyone else seems to have all the apps they want, so I connected the BB Desktop Manager and tried various things. It was then that I noticed that the S/MIME SUPPORT PACKAGE was not installed. I installed and since then I have downloaded just about everything I wanted.

NOTE: Perhaps the administrator could publish this little fact because I know of others out there who are having the same problem.
    04-01-09 06:00 PM
    Thats funny I never install the s/mime option
    04-01-09 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD