05-07-10 06:40 PM
28 12
tools
    Can someone help me understand how to check to see if an app is running in the background and if so, how to turn it off?
    Hold the BB button down for 2 seconds from any screen and it will show you what is running.

BB mess, browser, home, messages, and phone are always in that list.*

To close, when you're in the app hit the BB button and choose exit, close, shut down, etc. To verify that you closed it, hold the BB button and check your running apps.
    05-05-10 04:07 PM
    I wonder if unstable connection is the cause for rapid battery dain. I live in Manhattan and I'm in and out of buildings all day long. Although I get excellent voice coverage, I wonder if the signal strength bar itself can cause the sharp battery decline. Even the seidio 1700mah is dropping fast, almost equal to the rate of the standard battery.

And now that I have 2 batteries, both die by the end of the day. Also, I notice that when I charge one up to 100% and then some, I remove it and charge the Seidio one. But once that dies out the next day, when I place the fully charged BB one in and it reboots, I start out with 90% (theme lists it at % level) and a lot of times that one will drop even faster
    05-06-10 08:57 AM
    I'm having a similar problem. I did the OTA upgrade to .607 when it came out and had no issues. Then, the other day I plugged my Storm 2 into the computer to transfer some music and it updated some more of the software to a 5.0 version. Ever since then, my battery is dead by 4:00 PM when it used to never drop below 50% the entire day. I've done the *288 update. No luck. I updated Google Maps to the latest version. No luck. Then, I thought I found it when I opened BBM and it had an "Accept" window active (I never use BBM) from the latest update, but that didn't fix it either. As people have suggested, my next move is to install MeterBerry and see if I can pinpoint the problem.

Any other ideas?
    05-07-10 06:40 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD