05-07-10 06:40 PM
28 12
tools
    I've had my Storm 2 for almost a month now & I've had no problems with it so far. I keep my backlight on low, I changed the global setting to EVDO and I have no apps running the background.

I kept my Storm charging all night last night (I've done this maybe three times, but I don't see how it would hurt) and unplugged it around 11am this morning. I have only used the alarm clock and sent one text message so far today and my battery's already at 65% and it's 2pm now.

Does this mean my Storm's battery is already turning sour on me?
    04-28-10 03:08 PM
    sadly enough, I just bought the seidio 1700 and I'm getting the exact same results as my reg bb battery, which is frankly about the same as yours. By 4pm, the thing is dead!
    04-28-10 06:42 PM
    I doubt it. Are you sure you don't have any apps running in the background?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 08:12 PM
    Remember for some reason if this phone is not a -80 dbm (full bar signal) the battery will drain more rapidily than normal. I can sit at my house all day and barely use my phone and be at 80-85% after being off the charger for twelve hours or so, however if I am traveling and keep service the entire time but I do not keep full signal status my battery is at 45-50%
    04-28-10 08:27 PM
    I doubt it. Are you sure you don't have any apps running in the background?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, I'm pretty sure. I just took my BBerry off the charger and it went from 100% to 85% in less than 30 minutes. I haven't even used it!

It has had perfect battery life until today. I'm worried.
    04-29-10 02:57 AM
    Anyone? Seriously?

My phone is BRAND NEW and I don't want to have wasted my money! My battery's been so perfect until yesterday!
    04-29-10 02:58 AM
    Remember for some reason if this phone is not a -80 dbm (full bar signal) the battery will drain more rapidily than normal. I can sit at my house all day and barely use my phone and be at 80-85% after being off the charger for twelve hours or so, however if I am traveling and keep service the entire time but I do not keep full signal status my battery is at 45-50%
    I never knew that. Here lately I haven't been getting as much service, but it just seems like the battery will only last longer when I'm at the very last bar. I have no idea why my phone's doing this.
    04-29-10 03:22 AM
    ALSO, for anyone who needs to know...

I downloaded Slacker Radio on my BBerry the other day but I'm pretty sure its not running in the background. Does just downloading this program kill the battery or something?
    04-29-10 03:24 AM
    that could be the problem right there.

From what I recall, Slacker isn't closed with the escape arrow, nor by menu> close... You actually have to select "shutdown slacker" from the menu, otherwise it stays open in the background.

Again, just from what I recall. I haven't used it in a while, so things may have changed.
    04-29-10 03:47 AM
    I have this 9550 1 month ago, in one week my patience rans out, the battery performance is really bad, i think because of its gigantic screen and unstable signal receiver, so I replace it with 9700 model.

Maybe you should try seidio extended battery if you still want to use it.
    04-29-10 03:57 AM
    i've had my storm 2 for a week now, and the battery life is terrible compared to my 9700.
    i am a heavy user, and find my storm dead around 2 pm (my day starts at 6am).
    i can run 2 full days on my 9700.
    04-29-10 07:13 AM
    have you tried a battery pull? . I had that same issue and a battery pull solved it. DO you use twitter? Twitter seems to drain my battery so I removed it and went back to Ubertwitter.
    04-29-10 08:19 AM
    Also your battery could have dropped a cell in it...stranger things have happened, Verizon should replace your battery try that.
    04-29-10 09:54 AM
    have you tried a battery pull? . I had that same issue and a battery pull solved it. DO you use twitter? Twitter seems to drain my battery so I removed it and went back to Ubertwitter.
    Yes, I have done a battery pull. Doing my second one as of right now. No I do not Twitter. The main thing I use my BBerry for is texting, e-mail, phonecalls and the occasional Facebook & my battery's been really great throughout that 'til the last two days.
    04-29-10 01:04 PM
    I find unexplained excessive battery drain is often fixed by undating roaming. I just register while I'm at it.

For Verizon dial *228, select 1 to reregister. *228, select 2 for roaming updates.

However, you should always press and hold the BB key until the running app are shown to make sure nothing unexpected is running.

For me Google Maps w/Latitude and Audible are battery killers.
    I might try that. The last couple days I have noticed the target sign (the roaming sign, right? I can't remember) has been on my phone but it says it's not in roaming. I am not in the Global setting either.

I checked to see if any apps were running in the background and it was nothing but your basics.
    04-29-10 01:06 PM
    that could be the problem right there.

From what I recall, Slacker isn't closed with the escape arrow, nor by menu> close... You actually have to select "shutdown slacker" from the menu, otherwise it stays open in the background.

Again, just from what I recall. I haven't used it in a while, so things may have changed.
    I did always shut down Slacker completely, but my gut kept telling me that was the source so I deleted it last night and no improvements whatsoever. Plus today the LED light seems to flicker! Ugh, I don't understand why my phone's falling to pieces so sudden and fast.
    04-29-10 01:07 PM
    If it helps any my phone's been getting pretty warm lately which is weird, because it never does. Which makes me think SOMETHING is running, but according to the BBerry no third party apps are. I am so puzzled.
    04-29-10 01:08 PM
    One more thing,

I charged my phone last night (because I'm having to charge it twice a day now!) and I did a little experiment and kept it on all night to see if the drainage was still working. I put it on bedside mode as I usually do and fell asleep.

When I woke up this morning it was at three bars, and within ten minutes of me looking at the phone it dropped down to one.

I took out my battery to check for water damage (though I don't see how because I death grip my phone everywhere so there should be no reasoning) and there were none. The battery's fine. I have no idea what to do, but to call Verizon.

EDIT: Typically if I do keep my phone on overnight, not even 10% goes down. It's not normal at all.
    04-29-10 01:12 PM
    I would download MeterBerry to see if you are losing massive amounts of memory and see what your discharge rate is. Did you possibly do the upgrade from .320 to .607. I have found that the google maps 4.0 whether running or not has caused me a lot of memory loss and battery drain, since I removed it I have had no problems. MeterBerry will also give you the time and signal strength when you are losing the most battery power.
    04-29-10 01:16 PM
    I might try that. The last couple days I have noticed the target sign (the roaming sign, right? I can't remember) has been on my phone but it says it's not in roaming. I am not in the Global setting either.

I checked to see if any apps were running in the background and it was nothing but your basics.
    I believe the target sign is your GPS or location ,If I am not mistaken. You can also turn off your GPS . I set mine to E911 only.
    04-29-10 01:19 PM
    I would download MeterBerry to see if you are losing massive amounts of memory and see what your discharge rate is. Did you possibly do the upgrade from .320 to .607. I have found that the google maps 4.0 whether running or not has caused me a lot of memory loss and battery drain, since I removed it I have had no problems. MeterBerry will also give you the time and signal strength when you are losing the most battery power.
    Nope, I'm still running on .320 and haven't even thought about upgrading to .607 after hearing about the battery problems and whatnot.

I don't use Google Maps. I don't use that many third party apps, really. And when I do it still didn't typically drain my battery at all. It was a good battery until the last two days.

I would download MeterBerry but it does cost money and that I can't afford, but I do know for a fact that I am losing massive amounts of battery life and I don't understand why.

I thought for some reason maybe my Otterbox case was overheating it so I'm letting it cool off, but that shouldn't be the reason for drain. I've had the Otterbox case for two weeks now and it's not been causing any problems.

It hasn't been having these issues until I downloaded Slacker radio, but I deleted it last night and it's still malfunctioning.
    04-29-10 01:20 PM
    I believe the target sign is your GPS or location ,If I am not mistaken. You can also turn off your GPS . I set mine to E911 only.
    Mine is set to E911 only.

I've done every bit of less battery draining options the moment I got the phone.
    04-29-10 01:21 PM
    For Verizon dial *228, select 1 to reregister. *228, select 2 for roaming updates.
    Okay so I just did that, hopefully it helps some.
    04-29-10 01:34 PM
    Can someone help me understand how to check to see if an app is running in the background and if so, how to turn it off?
    05-05-10 12:29 PM
    really stupid question did u turn the phones brightness downa dn all that good stuff
    05-05-10 04:04 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD