Alright, so one more question for me before it gets annoying:

The OTA DL finished and it was backing up my phone or whatever it does afterwards and then the next thing I checked on my phone it was on a black screen with a long red flashing light? It's unresponsive to the power key, a battery pull and when i plug it into the computer the "new hardware found" noise beeps on and off and never finds it. Is the phone updating itself or whats going on?

Thanks much in advance!
    05-31-09 11:45 PM
    try another batt pull, let the phone boot up all the way, and then plug in....
    05-31-09 11:46 PM
    05-31-09 11:47 PM
    LoL. I was getting ready to post the exact same thing.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/in...source-213706/

05-31-09 11:48 PM
    try another batt pull, let the phone boot up all the way, and then plug in....
    Ive done two already, and it just goes to the black screen (appears the phone is off) with the long red blinking light. But, ill take any advice at this point and try a round three.
    05-31-09 11:48 PM
    Ugggggh. I was hoping thats not what happened. How crazy annoying that my phone would get bricked when I didnt even do anything erroneous, just followed the freaking instructions.
    05-31-09 11:49 PM
    Same here. I followed the instructions on the OTA download and now I have the flashing red light.
    06-01-09 05:36 AM
    How wonderfull it must be to know that if I worked for VZW and I had to wake up this morning to answer all these calls that are about to be unleashed upon the VZW switchboard.
    06-01-09 05:46 AM
    How wonderfull it must be to know that if I worked for VZW and I had to wake up this morning to answer all these calls that are about to be unleashed upon the VZW switchboard.
    Haha, no joke. I think im just going to take my new paperweight into Verizon today and have them fix it - even though im seeing the future of them tinkering on it for a long time only to say, "here go to crackberry.."
    06-01-09 08:21 AM
    Haha, no joke. I think im just going to take my new paperweight into Verizon today and have them fix it - even though im seeing the future of them tinkering on it for a long time only to say, "here go to crackberry.."
    Oh cr*p. I'm so sorry to see you're still having issues with your phone this morning. I was hoping that you got it resolved. What a bummer.
    06-01-09 08:29 AM
    Same thing happened here. I fell asleep during the dl bc it took hours, then when i woke up...the icon said download complete, i checked in options and saw i was still running .75 so i clicked on the upgrade icon and had the options to re-schedule or download now. I chose dl now and it had 2 status bars in progress one for backing up and one for dl'ing new software. Once both reached 100% my screen went black and the led flashed red. I tried several battery pulls and got nothing. I went to verizon first thing this a.m. and all they were able to do was replace it with .75 the rep told me that .148 would be issued on the phones this evening. This now my third storm since march. I got my second storm on memorial day bc the first storm highlighted items yet it woud not click, it was like the clicking was not responding. ugh to top it off im on a mac so OTA was the only way, this has been so frustrating.
    06-01-09 11:26 AM
    Oh cr*p. I'm so sorry to see you're still having issues with your phone this morning. I was hoping that you got it resolved. What a bummer.
    Guess what? GOOD NEWS! haha. I took it into Verizon and they told me that my battery was 100% drained (even though I had it charging the entire time during my upgrade)... so I was like, okay, now that I feel like an *****.. They switched batteries and my phone went to a white screen with a status bar, after that loaded a few times, it started up right where it "left off". I dont know what exactly the issue was, but it was resolved! Hooray!
    06-01-09 03:05 PM
    Guess what? GOOD NEWS! haha. I took it into Verizon and they told me that my battery was 100% drained (even though I had it charging the entire time during my upgrade)... so I was like, okay, now that I feel like an *****.. They switched batteries and my phone went to a white screen with a status bar, after that loaded a few times, it started up right where it "left off". I dont know what exactly the issue was, but it was resolved! Hooray!
    YAAAAAAAY! I am so glad to hear that!!!
    06-01-09 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD