I used to be a Treo user and found that I relied on the stylus to work the screen. When I moved over to the BB8800, I found that it is much easier to use with just one hand with the trackball and keyboard shortcuts.

I've been playing on the Storm for a few days now and find one-hand operation is more difficult on a full touch screen. With the constant moving of the thumb, the grip on the phone is loose and I am pretty sure I will drop it (actually already slipped a few times).

So is this a learning curve? Or am I better off with a Bold?
    11-24-08 08:37 AM
    If having to use two hands is a learning curve, i think you should be riding the small bus to school lol.

Oh and welcome to crackberry
    11-24-08 08:38 AM
    using one hand in portrait is actually easier than two hands for me. The suretype actually works really well. For stuff like email address its hard, but then you just use two hands in landscape.

i was pleasantly surprised with how suretype worked though.
    11-24-08 08:40 AM
    I'm having similar issues, but improving as I use it more. Long time 8830 user. Hoping it's a learnig curve thing.
    11-24-08 08:42 AM
    I am not trying to learn how to use with 2 hands...:PP

One-hand operation is important when I have to run from gate to gate at the airport.
    11-24-08 09:12 AM
    in potrait, I have had no problem with Suretype. I had to add a few words to the custom dictionary but it is good to go now. I am about 2 wpm slower on the storm than my Q now.
    11-24-08 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD