Forgive me if this has been posted already, but I noticed what appears to be an issue with the facial recognition when you have the phone up to your ear. This issue isn't that it doesn't work, so much as it works too well. When the facial recognition kicks in, it not only disables the screen, it disables the volume buttons as well.

Is anyone else noticing this little programming oversight?

Regards
    10-30-09 03:45 PM
    Forgive me if this has been posted already, but I noticed what appears to be an issue with the facial recognition when you have the phone up to your ear. This issue isn't that it doesn't work, so much as it works too well. When the facial recognition kicks in, it not only disables the screen, it disables the volume buttons as well.

Is anyone else noticing this little programming oversight?

Regards

are you saying the side-mounted physical volume buttons don't work when it's in FR mode?? IF so, that's a really BAD programming screw up and RIM needs to be smacked around for stupidity. I hope it's just a glitch of yours that is easily rectified and not a general issue for all S2's.
    10-30-09 03:48 PM
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. There's at least one developer and one QA analyst that needs to be fired for that one if it's an issue across the board.
    10-30-09 03:50 PM
    unbelievable! oh, wait, it's a RIM product--I should be totally used to such glaring screw-ups.
    10-30-09 03:51 PM
    This is where RIM has always failed. Details. Just like releasing an official OS that doesn't allow email links to be clicked.

Get the damn details right or start making dumb phones.
    10-30-09 03:56 PM
    Someone on this forum has in their signature, all of the OS versions they have installed. Seems to me that the number of OS releases shows a lack of forethought on the part of RIM'S OS programmers. Do they really need to make more than a dozen versions of the OS and still have glaring errors, all in the space of 12 months??
    10-30-09 04:03 PM
    Is it so much of a hassle to slightly pull it away from your face to change the volume?
    That's how I've always done it and I never saw a problem with it.
    10-30-09 04:26 PM
    This is where RIM has always failed. Details. Just like releasing an official OS that doesn't allow email links to be clicked.

Get the damn details right or start making dumb phones.
    Hear, hear!! "Attention to detail is the difference between mediocrity and supremacy."
    10-30-09 04:30 PM
    you would have thought RIM would have thought about this after all the time they had making this phone..
    10-30-09 04:33 PM
    was just on a call and noticed that. WOW, you would think they would have noticed that.
    10-30-09 04:37 PM
    Someone on this forum has in their signature, all of the OS versions they have installed. Seems to me that the number of OS releases shows a lack of forethought on the part of RIM'S OS programmers. Do they really need to make more than a dozen versions of the OS and still have glaring errors, all in the space of 12 months??
    Which is why RIM doesn't just hand the OSs out to the general public. Not everything is meant for us, so if you get something and the issue hasn't been resolved there is a good chance they didn't want you to have it anyhow.
    10-30-09 04:44 PM
    Is it so much of a hassle to slightly pull it away from your face to change the volume?
    That's how I've always done it and I never saw a problem with it.
    the point is that you shouldn't have to.
    10-30-09 04:55 PM
    the point is that you shouldn't have to.
    Use a bluetooth, it helps keep the face oil off the screen.
    10-30-09 04:57 PM
    I don't have this problem my volume changes when it's against my face.... Interesting...
    11-04-09 03:52 PM
    I don't have this problem either. I made a test call and could turn the volume all the way up and back down when the screen went dark holding it to my ear.
    11-04-09 03:58 PM
    Sure is a lot of ranting and raving, mine works fine up to my face. Try a battery pull
    11-04-09 04:07 PM
    Just tried mine and is working fine....
    11-04-09 05:52 PM
    Just tried it on mine as well...Working fine..
    11-04-09 05:59 PM
    Volume rocker works fine here while screen is black.
    11-04-09 06:08 PM
    Not experiencing this issue either.
    11-04-09 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD