ANDROID SCAN

the actual program itself isn't so fancy, nothing would bring more joy to me, to walk into best buy, and just go through every item that best buy has and see how much they are actually ripping us off.

But in all seriousness this is an incredibly cool, inventive and useful application, i hope the blackberry devs look into something like this
    11-10-08 04:15 AM
    Hmm...i heard there is a similar application for that on the iPhone, but this would definitely be a cool application.

Anyone knows if there is something like that out there?
    11-10-08 04:51 AM
    I posted this in the "What application would you want" on blackberry forums. I would LOVE this application when shopping.
    11-10-08 05:33 AM
    This really would be very nice as when i am shopping here in Memphis Tn it seems nothing has a shelf tag and you have to track employees down to scan it for ya or haul it around til you get to the checkout and then get it scanned and listen to the people behind ya griping that you are slowing the line down...
    11-10-08 06:19 AM
    Download the. Yahoo app for bb (I thinlk it is called yahoo to go) from there you can find a widget that is a price checker. You key in the barcode and it scans for all stores and internet services that sell that item and their prices. Its pretty cool. I just forget to use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 06:39 AM
    I like an app that I saw on one of the iphone commercials the other day. Its a restaurant finder where you just shake the phone and it will give you a random restaurant. That can be really helpful for me since I'm indecisive.
    11-10-08 01:51 PM
    your talking about URBANSPOON
    11-10-08 11:59 PM
    funny thing about urbanspoon and indecisveness is that it actually compounds the problem, not solve it. indecisive and carefree are not one in the same. great app, though.

personally, i was sold on the blackberry when i saw that video for viigo. that is simply amazing! that's exactly the app that i would use everyday. i have three friends that have the iphone, and with all of the apps they have downloaded, they couldn't tell you of a practical app they use constantly. viigo i see myself using more than the browser.

that will hold me off until march when the app store for blackberry comes out.
    11-11-08 12:10 AM
    funny thing about urbanspoon and indecisveness is that it actually compounds the problem, not solve it. indecisive and carefree are not one in the same. great app, though.

personally, i was sold on the blackberry when i saw that video for viigo. that is simply amazing! that's exactly the app that i would use everyday. i have three friends that have the iphone, and with all of the apps they have downloaded, they couldn't tell you of a practical app they use constantly. viigo i see myself using more than the browser.

that will hold me off until march when the app store for blackberry comes out.
    Thats your key difference between iPhone and Blackberry. Blackberry is aimed at corporate users thus the practicality and thought of each application. iPhone, anyone who has it between the ages of potentially 14-60 (rough estimate), they try and get you with the applications that do awesome things but have a less practical meaning but still own up to what they might do in the long run. not to mention, apple makes a ton of money off the app store.
    11-11-08 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD