Take it from a guy whose wife has dropper her phone in water (we're talking submerged) on three separate occasions... it's a wonder what a full day of airing out (with the battery out) can do for a phone that has been exposed to water. Of course, if those little hydro stickers turn color, the warranty is void and you're screwed anyway.

I was certain to put insurance on her Storm (and mine, for that matter).

-SR-
    11-25-08 11:54 AM
    Your cat broke your storm.

My dog came into my room and me a friendly 'woof' when fed ex came to the door at 9:20 on Saturday morning to deliver my storm. He woke me up from my still-drunk-from-friday stuper and helped me get my storm.

Dogs > Cats
    11-25-08 11:55 AM
    I have 3 cats. :-p

They've never damaged anything technological. In fact, they don't even damage my furniture--and they all have claws.
    I'm with ya bro! I have 4 cats, all with claws, no damage to furniture either
    They have never damaged my tech, BUT I am surely getting insurance!!
    11-25-08 11:56 AM
    i can't beleive he can get a second storm so quickly, when i can't even get my first one.....wtf.
    11-25-08 11:57 AM
    haha seems the majority of crackberry users dont like cats. ME EITHER. that does really suck lol. boondock saints anyone? :P haha one of the funniest cat scenes EVER

that had to be the greatest display of cat violence ever. the fact it was accidental made it even funnier lol
    11-25-08 11:58 AM
    I have 3 cats. :-p

They've never damaged anything technological. In fact, they don't even damage my furniture--and they all have claws.

Are they stuffed?
    11-25-08 12:00 PM
    suggestion... Pull the battery immediately! Then soak up as much of the liquid as you can before it dries!
    If you are brave enough to take it apart, use some contact cleaner and q-tips to clean off the circuit board(s) and then WAIT!! for AT LEAST 12 hours to make sure that every nook and cranny is dry. Then put it all back together and try powering it back up... That's your best shot at reviving it.

[edit:] If that doesn't work, I'll give you $20 for it...
    Another suggestion vacuum it! this will suck out the fluids. Hopefully black cofee!
    11-25-08 12:04 PM
    suggestion... Pull the battery immediately! Then soak up as much of the liquid as you can before it dries!
    If you are brave enough to take it apart, use some contact cleaner and q-tips to clean off the circuit board(s) and then WAIT!! for AT LEAST 12 hours to make sure that every nook and cranny is dry. Then put it all back together and try powering it back up... That's your best shot at reviving it.

[edit:] If that doesn't work, I'll give you $20 for it...
    Another suggestion if you dont want to open t up - vacuum it! this will suck out the fluids. Hopefully black cofee!
    11-25-08 12:05 PM
    Wow uqmoore,
    I have seen you posting on several different threads over the past few days and I can't quite figure out where you stand. So I took a glance over your posts. Here are a few of them:
    Lol
    Its nto badd onc yoo get usd yo ti.
    I'm on record as being a storm hater but let me help you storm fanboys out. ..

Instead of posting 30+ replies in an "i hate the storm" thread, why don't you try ZERO replies? You just like foolish right about now.

You're welcome.
    Yeah, don't believe all of the published negative reviews and posted negative user reviews, believe catside instead!!!
    and now I see this...
    I guess even felines know the storm is crap.
    So which is it? Love it or hate it? (not attacking... just asking)
    Last edited by scougarb; 11-26-08 at 08:26 AM. Reason: updated to include complete quotes
    11-25-08 03:46 PM
    Sweet.. On the truck.. Should be here today! w00t!!
    11-26-08 08:14 AM
    So which is it? Love it or hate it? (not attacking... just asking)
    I'll answer your question if you complete quotes 2 and 3.
    11-26-08 08:21 AM
    I'll answer your question if you complete quotes 2 and 3.
    done... answer?
    11-26-08 08:27 AM
    I've never gotten insurance. Anytime my phone gets messed up, I take it to Verizon and they give me a new one for $50. I've done this several times with Moto Qs and EnVs.

I'm pretty sure the only difference between insurance and Verizon Customer Service is if you lose it, insurance covers you. Verizon has covered every broken phone I've brought them.
    11-26-08 08:29 AM
    Sweet.. On the truck.. Should be here today! w00t!!
    First off, WTF?!!????!!!! I ordered mine last Friday and still dont have it. You had Almond Chicken dump coffee on yours and you are getting a new one already??!!??!! What a crock of shat! (not yelling at you, just frustrated at not having mine yet )

Second, I agree with most of the people who posted about cats.....I like them, ON TOAST WITH MAYO!!!! HAHAHAHAHA
    11-26-08 08:33 AM
    done... answer?
    Wow... the silence is deafening
    11-26-08 08:37 AM
    Lol scougarb. Troll is under his bridge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 08:40 AM
    done... answer?
    Beyond the obvious glitches that need to be fixed, I would still rate the storm a 3.5/5 because:

- typing on it is a pain
    - lack of trackball or directional pad makes navigation a pain
    - target/select/click
    - "touch" seems like more of an add-on than truly integrated in the OS

If an OS update or upgrade alleviates some of the items above, I'll gladly change my rating.

Perhaps "hate" is too strong a word. The best word I can come up with is disappointed. As I suggested in another thread, I am maintaining my packaging until the return date in January. If there's no update by then, the storm goes back.
    11-26-08 08:44 AM
    You can also put the phone into a ziplock bag of Rice, it will soak out any extra moisture. Leave it in there for 24-48 hours after you dry all the visible water and you should find your phone working fine (as long as nothing fried from the initial spill).
    11-26-08 08:44 AM
    Wow... the silence is deafening
    10 minutes!?!??!!??! WTF!!?!?!?!??!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    11-26-08 08:45 AM
    I know your getting a replacement, however some may not be able to. You can put the device in a sealed container of rice which will wick moisture. Also gun shops sell these little things that you put in with you gun that prevent rusting. I think I have seen them at Sears in the tool box area for same reason, to prevent rust on tools.
    11-26-08 08:45 AM
    Beyond the obvious glitches that need to be fixed, I would still rate the storm a 3.5/5 because:

- typing on it is a pain
    - lack of trackball or directional pad makes navigation a pain
    - target/select/click
    - "touch" seems like more of an add-on than truly integrated in the OS

If an OS update or upgrade alleviates some of the items above, I'll gladly change my rating.

Perhaps "hate" is too strong a word. The best word I can come up with is disappointed. As I suggested in another thread, I am maintaining my packaging until the return date in January. If there's no update by then, the storm goes back.
    that's a reasonable answer... thanks
    11-26-08 08:46 AM
    Glad you have insurance
    I've had to use the rice trick on one of my kid's cell (LG freebie from AT&T) and it worked great.

I'm glad that AT&T now offers insurance on the BlackBerry, I got it on my Bold a couple of days after I found out about it!
    11-26-08 09:20 AM
    Or get rid of your girlfriends cat.

How anyone would have a cat, in the same house as anything you consider valuable, is beyond me.
    It's not your call to decide what is and isn't valuable to him.
    11-26-08 09:31 AM
    you have inspired me to start a band called the flat cats. i was gonna call it the flat squirrels, since i see so many on the road.
    11-26-08 09:41 AM
    Wait, what? I thought the screen gap was sealed?
    11-26-08 09:53 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD