In the main post text window on the wap forums, holding a key down no longer repeats a punctuation mark. It still works in the thread or post title.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 12:17 AM
    In the main post text window on the wap forums, holding a key down no longer repeats a punctuation mark. It still works in the thread or post title.

Are you on a hybrid or straight .148?
    05-30-09 12:22 AM
    I wouldn't be posting this if I was on a hybrid..... Now would I? Lol

05-30-09 12:25 AM

You really should be working for RIM. You find the bugs like nobody's business!
    05-30-09 12:26 AM
    point taken.. lol
    05-30-09 12:30 AM
    Question, do I need to download the "official" .148 if I have the leaked version??

Ok, I had to do it!!
    Last edited by Pholey22; 05-30-09 at 12:50 AM.
    05-30-09 12:44 AM
    Off topc but audio bug still there... Song plays but no volume .....oh btw that I don't have that bug on my .148

05-30-09 12:46 AM
    You really should be working for RIM. You find the bugs like nobody's business!
    If she worked for RIM, with all the bugs she finds nothing would get released. lol
    05-30-09 12:48 AM
    Off topc but audio bug still there... Song plays but no volume .....oh btw that I don't have that bug on my .148

I noticed that too earlier tonight. I had to back out of the song a couple times to get it to play.
    05-30-09 12:48 AM
    If she worked for RIM, with all the bugs she finds nothing would get released. lol
    SHE?? Really?? This whole time I thought choo wuz a dude. LOL
    05-30-09 12:49 AM
    Also noticed two addl bugs I have not seen noticed anywhere--first, the unmute bug is back---you can mute by touching the screen but must unmute using BB button. Also, after my first install, and through the first few battery pulls, I was not able to hit some of the number keys while I was on a call (a la 122), until I turned the the phone from portrait--> landscape during call (same fix as in 122)...But these are not major IMO and most people will just run into the fixes (or think its the phone rather than the OS)
    05-30-09 01:00 AM

Could you clarify this a little? Is it the same issue discussed all over this forum where in OS .141 & .148 the music is muted when the next track starts and in OS version previous to .141 the music is very low in volume so you need to hit the volume up or volume down to get it back to normal? If so, the workaround is to leave the Now Playing screen the active/focused app. It's a known issue (that needs to fixed) that I've noticed in every OS version I've used. If you change to anything but the Now Playing screen you'll have that problem. So no lock apps or anything like that or doing anything else while you listen to music if you don't want to have to always hit the volume up or volume down button to get the audio back when new tracks start playing. I've noticed in .148 that when you first start playing music, sometimes it starts out muted but just hit a volume key and then leave the Now Playing screen the active/focused app and you won't have to worry about it again for the duration of your listening session.
    05-30-09 07:47 AM
    Also noticed two addl bugs I have not seen noticed anywhere--first, the unmute bug is back---you can mute by touching the screen but must unmute using BB button.
    This has also been answered numerous times on the forums. It's proven to be a custom theme issue. The screen mute/unmute button works perfectly fine as it should in the default theme. You need to update your custom theme to a newer version that works or let the theme developer know so they can fix it.

When you load a new OS, you're changing the underlying foundation on which all 3rd party apps and themes rely on, so when any problems that occur after (that don't occur with stock blackberry apps) needs to be fixed and addressed by the 3rd party developers.
    05-30-09 07:57 AM

That puzzles me, because it suggests something happening in the device software but triggered by the wap page. It shouldn't be possible because the device doesn't even know what kind of browser field it is filling.

(However it sounds like a very desirable change because Alt-key repetition is a PITA more times than it helps)

Has anyone else replicated this behavior? Are we sure it is not WAD?
    05-30-09 08:39 AM
    Another bug - let me know if its everyone or just me... I am on Crackman V6 so I'm not sure if its all 148 or just V6... When I'm trying to hold BB button to bring up app switcher, it alternates between acting normal (just bringing up app switcher) and bringing up the menu THEN the app switcher so the menu stays up when I come back to the original app. Make sense?

Anyone else got this on 148?

05-30-09 11:32 AM
    Hopefully, for all the people sitting on .75 waiting for an "official" release, Verizon doesn't find this thread and cancel their 148 release
    05-30-09 11:39 AM
    Another bug - let me know if its everyone or just me... I am on Crackman V6 so I'm not sure if its all 148 or just V6... When I'm trying to hold BB button to bring up app switcher, it alternates between acting normal (just bringing up app switcher) and bringing up the menu THEN the app switcher so the menu stays up when I come back to the original app. Make sense?

That's an old issue, related to the speed setting of your "key rate".

Options | Screen/Keyboard | Key Rate

If it's set to "Medium Fast" or "Fast", try dropping it one level. Should fix that problem.
    05-30-09 11:45 AM

Yeah. On straight .148 I notice that sometimes too, although it was way more frequent in .122 for me. Now I just see it every once in a while. So it's definitely lessened in .148 but still weird. Not a big problem for me though and sometimes is actually quite useful for me when doing cut and paste from app to app. Almost like a feature that was put in but I doubt that it was.
    05-30-09 11:47 AM

That's normal, you have to change the key rate to slow or medium slow and then it'll work fine.

05-30-09 11:47 AM
    That's an old issue, related to the speed setting of your "key rate".

Options | Screen/Keyboard | Key Rate

If it's set to "Medium Fast" or "Fast", try dropping it one level. Should fix that problem.
    My Key Rate is set for "Normal" and I still have that problem.
    05-30-09 11:51 AM
    My Key Rate is set for "Normal" and I still have that problem.
    Then set it lower.
    05-30-09 11:52 AM
    That's normal, you have to change the key rate to slow or medium slow and then it'll work fine.

Thanks. I'll try that and see how it goes.
    05-30-09 11:52 AM
    I noticed that too earlier tonight. I had to back out of the song a couple times to get it to play.
    Hit the volume button and the sound will return.
    05-30-09 11:57 AM
    Hopefully, for all the people sitting on .75 waiting for an "official" release, Verizon doesn't find this thread and cancel their 148 release
    They shouldnt. .148 is a vast improvement over .75, even if it still has a few bugs.
    05-30-09 12:02 PM
    Hit the volume button and the sound will return.
    And leave the Now Playing screen the active/focused app to avoid the problem altogether until the issue is resolved.
    05-30-09 12:04 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD