Before I keep playing on my Storm I wanted to write in here real quick that I absolutely LOVE the Storm and I should not have judged it without the update, etc.
    12-09-08 11:23 PM
    Ive read quite a bit about this torque fix for the screen problems. Can I assume that if I purchase a Storm now, this will be fixed at the factory, before I recv it, so that I dont have to do this adjustment myself?
    12-09-08 11:31 PM
    Before:

I finally got my Storm after weeks and weeks and weeks of waiting and so far I can say that the Curve blows this phone AWAY, so there must be something I'm doing wrong. There is a 1-2 second lag switching between landscape and portrait mode and the phone is just buggy as ****, slow operating system, cancelling out of an SMS message and going to the home screen there is even a lag.

I have the .65 OS and I know that everyone is going to recommend upgrading to the .75 OS which I can absolutely do when I get home. But is this going to fix the sluggish OS?

The keyboard both in portrait and in landscape mode so far to me absolutely SUCKS! I can't seem to type out a text to my girlfriend to save my life. She's waiting for me to text her with my new phone and it's taken me like 5 minutes to type out a single sentence!

I'm SO TEMPTED to go to the local Verizon store and just get the Touch Pro or the Omnia or something that doesn't have these problems.

Should I go ahead and pick up a Torx T6 tool at Home Depot to try and fix this thing or what?
    After:
    Before I keep playing on my Storm I wanted to write in here real quick that I absolutely LOVE the Storm and I should not have judged it without the update, etc.
    LOL
    12-09-08 11:31 PM
    it's amazing how much difference it seems to make!
    12-09-08 11:33 PM
    Ok write it 100 times on lined paper, and all will be forgiven. Oh wait. No you also need to do 40 hours community service holding a sign on the end of an interstate offramp...

"WILL WORK FOR A STORM"
    12-09-08 11:36 PM
    Ive read quite a bit about this torque fix for the screen problems. Can I assume that if I purchase a Storm now, this will be fixed at the factory, before I recv it, so that I dont have to do this adjustment myself?

No, you can't assume it. Seriously, just get a T6 Torx and you're golden, it will take 10 times longer to reboot your Storm after you put the battery back in than it took for you to fine tune your screen to how you like it. I did it last night in about 30 seconds...and my wish of having a Storm screen as crisp as a nice mouse click was instantly granted.
    12-09-08 11:41 PM
    Pardon my ignorance (did a search and couldn't find it) but what's the Torx T6 fix, exactly?
    12-09-08 11:47 PM
    When you take the back cover off, theres 2 small screws. One is exposed, the other under the water damage sticker.

You can use this T6 thing to loosen the screws to make the screen click more to your liking. Some have turned it 1-2 turns. Some less. but it makes a difference.

I used a screwdriver similar to an eyeglass repair kit and it worked nicely.
    12-09-08 11:50 PM
    Pardon my ignorance (did a search and couldn't find it) but what's the Torx T6 fix, exactly?
    Maybe he should rename the thread

The T-6 Fix Thread..I'll rename it for him.
    12-09-08 11:51 PM
    i just got mine today, and i have no complaints about the screen click every thing seems to click jsut fine for me, is there a test i have only had it for a few hours
    12-10-08 12:07 AM
    When you take the back cover off, theres 2 small screws. One is exposed, the other under the water damage sticker.

You can use this T6 thing to loosen the screws to make the screen click more to your liking. Some have turned it 1-2 turns. Some less. but it makes a difference.

I used a screwdriver similar to an eyeglass repair kit and it worked nicely.

Damn!!! It worked....thank God. So much better to type now. I was getting a little pissed that I couldn't type as fast as I did with my BB 8830 Global....but it's a major improvement.....Thanks!
    12-10-08 12:08 AM
    Im new here too, and still learning from the pros. So glad I could be in the help giving seat this time, instead of the newbie with the silly questions. (even if only for a momment)

GL, im sure you will enjoy it much more now.
    12-10-08 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD