has anyone noticed in the pictures posted by engadget that the battery door is all scratched and is not clipped into place. Its almost as if it is a battery door from the storm 1. Not that it matters or anything just wondering everyones thoughts and if there is a reason RIM would have given them a demo without a battery door.
    05-23-09 10:30 PM
    RIM did NOT GIVE THEM THAT UNIT , it was not meant to get out of rim , and yes it looked like storm 1 on storm 2
    05-23-09 10:41 PM
    That was NOT a storm 1 battery cover on the storm 2. It was a storm 2 cover. Look at those pick closer and you'll notice the speaker port and latches are not there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 12:29 AM
    That was NOT a storm 1 battery cover on the storm 2. It was a storm 2 cover. Look at those pick closer and you'll notice the speaker port and latches are not there.

then why all the scratches??? I know they havent been using it that much.
    05-24-09 08:58 AM
    That is probably some type of test model. It has probably been thru many hands and many big willies decks. I am surprised it's in as good condition as it is.
    05-24-09 09:19 AM
    The scratches are a clear sign they removed the sticker that stated it was the property of RIM and that it was a not for resale or distribution device. In other words its a test mule and without the obvious sticker they can say they know nothing.

Here is the picture with the sticker and the second photo is without the sticker.
    05-24-09 10:38 AM
    i was just gonna say.. .the scratches are coming from the property of rim sticker because they removed it... thats why
    05-24-09 10:52 AM
    As others have said, it's from the sticker. And this new model has a different battery door and locking mechanism.
    05-24-09 11:02 AM
    Cool cool thanks for the info

05-24-09 12:44 PM
    On the first photo it looks like most of the marks were on the peel off protective coating. The second looked like someone used a harsh chemical to get the sticker off.
    05-24-09 01:16 PM
    As others have said, it's from the sticker. And this new model has a different battery door and locking mechanism.
    Hay, CX
    you like the idea of the new Storm?, I mean they abandoned Sure Press, which is what made the phone unique in my eyes, I really have grown to like it. Can you shed any light on the new input method without saying too much.
    U think they are gonna up the processor? More App memory? 250mb?
    I know you have to be carful, but if you or Radio have talked about this, please direct me to that thread?? I am ok with you being somewhat vague, lol, or maybe just your opinions on it.

Thanks
    Dennis
    05-24-09 02:17 PM
    Is it me or was the door not latched all the way? I hope we're not starting to see a weakness of the new battery door design. (where it doesn't latch strongly enough and keeps popping up). That would make for a bad review from me.

05-24-09 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD