On my Storm, I can only get into Options (Main screen - Blackberry button - Options) ONCE after a reboot. After the first time accessing and then closing that menu, it no longer works. Selecting it does nothing until I reboot the phone again. A temporary work-around is if I Back Out of the Options screen instead of Closing it, I can get back in.

I have not seen anyone else here mention such a problem.

Guess I have to send for a THIRD phone (first one lost screen click at edge - screw fix only worked for a short while).

Jim H.
    02-08-09 09:45 AM
    On my Storm, I can only get into Options (Main screen - Blackberry button - Options) ONCE after a reboot. After the first time accessing and then closing that menu, it no longer works. Selecting it does nothing until I reboot the phone again. A temporary work-around is if I Back Out of the Options screen instead of Closing it, I can get back in.

I have not seen anyone else here mention such a problem.

Guess I have to send for a THIRD phone (first one lost screen click at edge - screw fix only worked for a short while).

Jim H.
    My phone does the same thing man. until I got .99 the newest leak. Seems like that OS is all i have talked about today but i just tested it again and with .99 you can open and close as much as you wish! Otherwise you will have to deal with the glitch until the official OS upgrade comes out.
    02-08-09 09:55 AM
    thats not a PHONE problem...it's a software problem..
    02-08-09 09:58 AM
    Clearly pal...Like I was saying my PHONE as you call it, has .99. Probably not what the question creator is using...
    02-08-09 10:00 AM
    I have the same problem. I guess it applies to .75. Since it's not something I need to access often, I have just decided to live with it.
    02-08-09 10:06 AM
    I cant say I had that problem with .75 or .99. I have a newer phone though, not sure why that would matter.
    02-08-09 10:13 AM
    Clearly pal...Like I was saying my PHONE as you call it, has .99. Probably not what the question creator is using...
    I had 99 for a while - phone kept rebooting, so switched back to 75.
    A wipe and a reload of 75 did not fix the Option menu problem (tried that this morning).

Who cares??? Interesting though that my first phone (also with .75) did not have that problem, and my partners phone (also with .75) does not have that problem. Even a clean install of .75 - with no third party apps and no configuration changes STILL had the problem - while other phones with the same software do NOT have that problem. Can you explain that?

I may try loading .99 again just to see if the problem persists.

Jim H.
    Last edited by jhimmel; 02-08-09 at 11:18 AM.
    02-08-09 11:16 AM
    .75 did have that problem
    02-08-09 11:18 AM
    I had 99 for a while - phone kept rebooting, so switched back to 75.
    A wipe and a reload of 75 did not fix the Option menu problem (tried that this morning).

Who cares??? Interesting though that my first phone (also with .75) did not have that problem, and my partners phone (also with .75) does not have that problem. Even a clean install of .75 - with no third party apps and no configuration changes STILL had the problem - while other phones with the same software do NOT have that problem. Can you explain that?

I may try loading .99 again just to see if the problem persists.

Jim H.
    That is quite strange. I am pretty sure I have been really lucky with all my upgrades going well. I truly don't think it is your phone problem though. Good luck with the .99 reload.
    02-08-09 11:26 AM
    It seems that most users had a problem with the options menu in OS .65 and .75. The problem was supposed to be fixed in .83 but some users still experienced this problem. With the release of .85 the problem disappeared and with the .99 it is still not a problem. I haven't had a problem with the option menu personally and my storm was bought launch day. It's funny how these releases respond differently for each device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 01:13 PM
    Honestly, I guess it just comes down to every unit and every install being different. My unit was built in mid-January, is running .75, and I have never experienced this glitch- or many of the other reported glitches for .75. In fact, the ONLY problem I have is the "device error" crash while using BB Messenger, and an occasionally laggy accelerometer.

Try your luck on a new phone if you really think it's the phone, but if I were in your shoes I would just wait for the next official OS update...
    02-08-09 01:30 PM
    that only applies to .75. install a leaked os and you wont have that problem
    02-08-09 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD