holy smokes!

Nov 24, 2008 6:00 AM Picked up ONTARIO, CA

3:37 AM Package data transmitted to FedEx
    11-24-08 12:04 PM
    tweed, did you get a tracking #? If so, did you call in and get it?
    11-24-08 12:18 PM
    tweed, did you get a tracking #? If so, did you call in and get it?
    Yep. Plugged my usb charger thingy in and called 611. Told the rep I ordered a storm instore on friday morning and was just wondering if there was any updates on the status of my order. To my surprise he had a tracking number for me.

Call them and give it a shot. Good luck!
    11-24-08 12:21 PM
    I first placed my order through my company's VZ rep (who is truly an azzhole) and I've checked in w/ him periodocially over the past month to make sure I'm one of the first to get a phone. He tells me it's best that I order thru him and not attempt to get it from the store b/c I was guaranteed to get it thru hima nd not thru the store. Friday mornin comes and I call his cell directly to make sure he's placing my order. He says "yeah, I've got it, it'll be placed as soon as I get to work" and I ask him to send me a confirmation email. By 4pm, no email. I call back and he says "oh well the servers have been down all day and I couldn't place the order. I'll place it on monday" Infuriated, I started calling every VZ store in DC and the surrounding states. Found one close to my home and booked it there.

And whatdoyaknow... I got the last one they had in stock at 630 pm Friday.

I'm new to VZ and I hate their cust svc peeps already!
    11-24-08 12:30 PM
    !@#$%^&*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-24-08 12:45 PM
    Ordered at 9:36AM CST from Verizon inside CC.

Just got off the phone with the VZW rep (1-800-922-0204, option 2, option 5).

Phone is on the way! Although, I am confused as to how the package was picked up prior to actually having the package data transmitted.....

Estimated delivery Nov 25, 2008 by 10:30 AM

Nov 24, 2008 3:13 AM Package data transmitted to FedEx
    12:03 AM Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

Nov 23, 2008 11:43 AM Picked up MEMPHIS, TN
    11-24-08 12:49 PM
    At 1:34pm I just received the email for my tracking #

Nov 24, 2008 3:15 AM
    Package data transmitted to FedEx 12:03 AM
    Arrived at FedEx location
    MEMPHIS, TN

Nov 23, 2008 1:46 PM
    Picked up MEMPHIS, TN

Estimated delivery
    Nov 25, 2008 by 3:00 PM
    Last edited by Lance Burkhardt; 11-24-08 at 01:11 PM.
    11-24-08 12:58 PM
    After reading this thread I feel like I got super lucky. I walked into a best buy yesterday intending to port out from T-Mobile to ATT and buy a blackberry bold after reading some reviews of the phone on this website.

When I asked the sales representative who had the best service she said Verizon hands down and asks me if I was interested in the first touch screen blackberry. Off of what everyone has posted on here so far I felt somewhat familiar with the device and seeing videos but really just brushed the idea of looking for the phone off since everyone claims the phone to be sold out. When I asked if they even had any in stock the lady said she had 1 left. Needless to say I was shocked and it wasn't like I went to best buy when they opened it was fairly late in the afternoon.

I hate att personally so I picked the storm. 24 hours later I'm pretty happy with it so far. I hope you guys all get your phones sooner then later.
    11-24-08 12:59 PM
    I ordered about 7:30 am on Fri. I called Fri. night and was given the tracking #. I will have mine by 7pm tomorrow. I can't wait.
    11-24-08 01:16 PM
    Congrats to all of you getting your phones. I just got off the phone with CS once again and received yet again another story.

It seems that even though I got an order confirmation around 8:15AM EST Friday, my order was not processed until after 4PM missing the cut off time for the 11/25 shipping.

My credit card has been charged but there is no exact date on when this may ship, no way to cancel the order, reverse the charge, or upgrade in store as there is a pending order on my account.

Frustration is the word the sums up this whole experience!
    11-24-08 01:23 PM
    Congrats to all of you getting your phones. I just got off the phone with CS once again and received yet again another story.

It seems that even though I got an order confirmation around 8:15AM EST Friday, my order was not processed until after 4PM missing the cut off time for the 11/25 shipping.

My credit card has been charged but there is no exact date on when this may ship, no way to cancel the order, reverse the charge, or upgrade in store as there is a pending order on my account.

Frustration is the word the sums up this whole experience!
    If you want to cancel the order, and they've charged your credit card, call the credit card company and tell them to reverse the charges on account of Verizon being unwilling to cancel your order.

Myself... I had to call customer service to get the phone charged to my credit card. Despite telling the phone sales rep I wanted it billed to my credit card, it shows up on my monthly bill. Asked after the order status of my phone, and supposedly it's supposed to ship out sometime today, but no email with tracking info as yet. I do have to call back about this mystery data charge of $2 for a GIN app I never downloaded.

Of course I kind of have to agree with the others, it's just a cell phone. It's not worth getting your panties all in a bunch over. I would have loved to get mine Saturday, or even today, but I didn't. Now, I can get all worked up over it or I can just accept that it's going to be another day, maybe two, maybe more, before I see it. It doesn't really matter which one I choose, because neither of them will have any impact on when the phone arrives.

You have to ask yourself what you're really upset about: Is it that you don't have this new phone, or that you don't have some new status symbol? If you want a status symbol today, go sign up with AT&T and get yourself a Jesus Phone; otherwise, try exercising a little restraint.
    11-24-08 01:48 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD