Basically now they are telling me even though my order was placed at 930am on FRIDAY.. Before the 2pm deadline, and I ordered SATURDAY delivery. They may not have the phones available for what my rep PROMISED would be before 11/25.

-No tracking
    -NO rep help.
    -Stores have ZERO.

At this point.. What measures should I take.
    11-24-08 09:17 AM
    Basically now they are telling me even though my order was placed at 930am on FRIDAY.. Before the 2pm deadline, and I ordered SATURDAY delivery. They may not have the phones available for what my rep PROMISED would be before 11/25.

-No tracking
    -NO rep help.
    -Stores have ZERO.

should have P R E O R D E R D E D at BB; not you have to suffer Probably get it tomorrow....be positive!
    11-24-08 09:24 AM
    should have P R E O R D E R D E D at BB; not you have to suffer Probably get it tomorrow....be positive!
    dude, that's not a helpful post. a business made a promise to him that should have been just as airtight as a bb pre-order, and he paid extra for the service.
    11-24-08 09:25 AM
    Yea i preordered from BB on thursday and i still done have one, everyone is getting screwed no matter how they ordered.
    11-24-08 09:27 AM

-No tracking
    -NO rep help.
    -Stores have ZERO.

You can join my club. I ordered online at 9:45am. Got an order #. No tracking #. Just got off the phone with internet sales, where I was on hold for 20 minutes, to be told "Dec 5th". Even when I asked to speak to a supervisor, was told "He'll tell you the same thing".

It wasn't my fault that the East Coast systems crashed about the time I ordered. I did my part, time for Verizon to do theirs.
    11-24-08 09:27 AM
    dude, that's not a helpful post. a business made a promise to him that should have been just as airtight as a bb pre-order, and he paid extra for the service.
    I didnt mean it in a bad way. All the preorders were fulfilled this weekend at best buy. Anybody I knew that preordered, got by yesterday. If you didn't order buy thursday, of last week, you could not have gotten by sat. delivery. I was told that by a verizon manager. Whether, he was right or wrong, he was mis-informed. Just because its a business, doesnt mean that things always go smoothly. They will probably return the $19, and give him free shipping. About, the phone, who knows when.
    11-24-08 09:42 AM
    im in the same boat buddy.. I really hate verizon right now too. I knew this would happen, and when I just called in to get my tracking #, they said its not in the system yet. I don't know what to do, eventhough I was PROMISED the phone by the 25th. I hate verizon so much right now.
    11-24-08 09:45 AM
    Was in store friday morning, they ran out and of course the rep can order one for me and i'll have in in 4 to 5 days. And boy were they happy to take my money...

I call saturday to get an update and possible tracking number and nothing. Call back saturday night, same story. Will be calling here soon to get an update. I have been professional and polite up to this point. If I get the same runaround today I am going to be livid.

So livid that I may file a complaint with the BBB.
    11-24-08 09:49 AM
    I checked tracking for a customer this morning seems that for some reason tracking numbers weren't posting over the weekend his just popped up today and he will have his storm tomorrow by 3pm maybe maybe if u call local store they can give you ur tracking number?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 09:54 AM
    Yea i preordered from BB on thursday and i still done have one, everyone is getting screwed no matter how they ordered.
    I preordered on Thursday as well. BB was delivered on SATURDAY even though I went for regular delivery. SO, not everyone is getting screwed.
    11-24-08 09:56 AM
    Perhaps the squeaky wheel does get the grease.

I just received an email from Verizon saying that my phone has shipped. No tracking # on the web site yet, so I'm going to call *611 and get it.
    11-24-08 09:59 AM
    I checked tracking for a customer this morning seems that for some reason tracking numbers weren't posting over the weekend his just popped up today and he will have his storm tomorrow by 3pm maybe maybe if u call local store they can give you ur tracking number?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Talked to the store on saturday. It was if I was waiting their time. You know, we have your money now go away before we taunt you a second time lol. On one hand I feel sorry for all VZW employees. Obviously everyone was told something different and that would completely suck to deal with.

ON the other hand, they sold me a device and gladly charged my CC. The least they can do is figure out WTF is going on with my order.
    11-24-08 10:06 AM
    I ordered via the VIP number at 8AM, Friday. Got my tracking info in an email today at 4:10AM. According to FX, my package has been "picked up". Estimated delivery is Tuesday no later than 7PM.

I was just praying I would get it before T-Day.

ps. all times are PST.
    11-24-08 10:08 AM
    Perhaps the squeaky wheel does get the grease.

I just received an email from Verizon saying that my phone has shipped. No tracking # on the web site yet, so I'm going to call *611 and get it.
    Update to an update. I talked to a very nice woman at *611. I was told that just because my credit card was shipped, and the order was processed, that doesn't mean anything until a tracking number has been posted, which she doesn't know if one will be posted or not. I was told that it would it would be in my hands no later than Dec 15th.. I noticed that on the receipt, that the charge time was today at 10:39AM.. so I don't know where that fits me in.

I told her -- well I see the charge on my card, does that mean it'll ship. I was told "This is a very special case, and they are charging cards but it doesn't mean it will ship any time soon". She said there was some email passed around all the VZW reps this weekend explaining all of this.

My order status on the website changed from "Check back tomorrow" to blank, so hopefully that's a sign in the right direction.
    11-24-08 10:11 AM
    I just talked to my Rep, and he says the problem was the when u place a order it goes to an "Approval Team" Well something happened and orders were NOT approved in "order". So thats why i see so many cases of people ordering well after me(6 hours) that already have a tracking number! Its TOTAL BS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ordered at 9am central on Friday. I am being told the 5th! I am NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-24-08 10:12 AM
    its just a phone.... I'm sure you'll get by with having to wait a day or two in teh grand scheme of your whole life.
    Call up verizon and ask for a credit or something to your account for having paid for a feature you didn't recieve (saturday delivery). If you got it for free though, be happy when you get the phone and pray its problem free.
    -Rik
    11-24-08 10:16 AM

-No tracking
    -NO rep help.
    -Stores have ZERO.

Most of the reps I spoke to (and I called and spoke to at least 5 different ones) said that they would charge $20 for Saturday delivery, but couldn't guarantee Saturday delivery. I would just call back and explain that since the unit hasn't shipped yet, that you'd like to cancel the Saturday delivery. Remind them that many of the online/telesales orders from Friday were getting free overnight delivery.

See if you can get them to throw in a charger or something for your inconvenience. If you don't ask for something, they have no way of making it "better".

FWIW, I ordered via telesales on Friday morning (11:30 ET) and haven't received a tracking # yet. I called this morning and was told it will ship tomorrow for Wednesday delivery. I asked if they could email me a tracking # when it shipped, but since it's a telesales order, I have to call in to get the number. How lame.
    11-24-08 10:19 AM
    its just a phone.... I'm sure you'll get by with having to wait a day or two in teh grand scheme of your whole life.
    Call up verizon and ask for a credit or something to your account for having paid for a feature you didn't recieve (saturday delivery). If you got it for free though, be happy when you get the phone and pray its problem free.
    -Rik
    See that sounds good to you. Granted some people actually have been CHARGED for the phone that they dont even have an estimate on when they recieve it.

Or if you are planning on reselling your current phone, and you have to tell the person willing to buy you dont know exactly WHEN you get the new phone, even though you have justifiable reasons to selling it in the window you origianlly were told...
    11-24-08 10:20 AM

-No tracking
    -NO rep help.
    -Stores have ZERO.

I'm sorta in the same boat... but I was told it would ship before the 25th. They told me to call later today to see if a tracking number has been assigned from the warehouse. I've yet to call them, going to wait till about 1 or 2pm EST. I placed my order at 1000 on Friday, so we'll see.

This was kind of expected, anyone remember the IPhone release? Similar... I hope you get your phone soon -- if you dont get it by Wednesday, then I'd go ape**** lol.
    11-24-08 10:20 AM
    Ordered with store rep in GA at 9am Friday. She said Sat delivery. Called yesterday and she said Monday. Nothing today, so I called 611 right now and rep told me it will be Dec 3rd.

Next call with be to cancel the order and just wait til stores have stock. I'm in no rush.
    11-24-08 10:21 AM
    seriusly, mods should start deleting these pointless threads. Stop whining, its a phone. You have an existing one right. You'll get it when you get it.

They have a problem out of their control and you want free service for a year? A free storm? Get real dude, there is nothing else they can do. Go have a drink, the world isnt over.
    11-24-08 10:21 AM
    *UPDATE* I called in and I spoke to a very knowledgable woman named Christine that told me that my order was one of the FEW that made it in before the 2 PM cut off..she said that my order hasn't been picked up from the warehouse but I should get an email with a tracking # by tommorow for Wed. Delivery Let's just hope it's true, but she DID mention that the WORST CASE SCENARIO IS DEC. 5th.
    11-24-08 10:22 AM
    Get this...I was waiting in line at the Verizon store Friday AM. Got on a list...was like #16 and was told they had plenty in stock for everyone on the list. 45 minutes later I get called up, go to the desk, and am told all gone! I also did the Saturday delivery and in fairness, I did get it by 10AM Saturday. I would certainly demand my $20 back for rush delivery or call around to every store in your area and see if its in and go pick one up and cancel the mail order. It is a pain...I understand that.
    11-24-08 10:26 AM
    seriusly, mods should start deleting these pointless threads. Stop whining, its a phone. You have an existing one right. You'll get it when you get it.

They have a problem out of their control and you want free service for a year? A free storm? Get real dude, there is nothing else they can do. Go have a drink, the world isnt over.
    It'd be nice if I was being deceptive and made a post saying

"Oh joy, look at the storm"... and you came in to hear complaints. Meanwhile you knew exactly what you were getting into when you stepped into the post. Let me take time out to let you re-read it so you can get it clear:

Okay.. Its Monday.. No tracking Info.. And VZW Reps say "its not promised"

I'm sure you saw the post said it had more than one page, so you figured people were actually "speaking" in the topic. So dont come in here with that antagonistic approach. I wont address you again. If you have words for me, PM me. We'll end the debate that way.

Thanks.
    i know it's just a phone, but i was really looking forward to getting it today...

i was also told my phone will be shipped out december 5th. at least my invisible shield will be here by the time my storm gets here.
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD