Congrats 9500 users! I hope they throw an official release to us 9530's soon.
    Congrats? LOL

What do you mean congrats? This sounds like a step backwards.

Imagine Verizon released .99 for the 9530 as official tomorrow, how would you feel.

More like comiserations 9500 users!

I'll stay with my .106 thanks
    02-14-09 02:01 PM
    Can someone please confirm that the signal is consistent? I had to downgrade after trying .100 because I would loose the blackberry data connection for no reason several times a day and sometimes needed battery pull to bring it back.

I am pretty sure I had a few VSOD as well on .100 so I wonder if this is the same as the beta "which I assume it is" and how come it had the go ahead.

Let us know how it is going for you for people who installed it and I am curious if someone who has a Storm in Greece can see this update through the handset.

K.
    02-14-09 04:27 PM
    My signal seems stable enough, haven't frozen yet etc.

Haven't tested battery fully, but after 10 hours on standby no loss so far.

Will use it today and report.
    02-14-09 04:46 PM
    Can someone please confirm that the signal is consistent? I had to downgrade after trying .100 because I would loose the blackberry data connection for no reason several times a day and sometimes needed battery pull to bring it back.

I am pretty sure I had a few VSOD as well on .100 so I wonder if this is the same as the beta "which I assume it is" and how come it had the go ahead.

K.
    I'm in Sydney and had MASSIVE signal issues. I disabled GPS in the Advanced Options and life improved dramatically. Can't explain why but the signal became rock solid and fixed my erratic signal perfectly.

I also updated to .100 Beta from .78 Official which gave me a better signal strength when locked on.

I am in the process of downloading .100 Official as .106 Beta was not good enough for me. I'm actually pleased to be able to use an Official Release rather than a Beta for a while anyway. I'll update on .100 Official late tonight.
    02-14-09 06:49 PM
    downloading.... how exciting....

but, can this be install to my unlock vodafone and i live in indonesia?
    02-14-09 09:09 PM
    downloading.... how exciting....

but, can this be install to my unlock vodafone and i live in indonesia?
    Yes, just delete the vendor file.
    02-14-09 09:35 PM
    Yes, just delete the vendor file.
    great... thanks...
    02-14-09 10:49 PM
    Official release are, by definition, older than betas. They wi
    ll go through a lot of testing. I've seen this posted several times.
    Last edited by b121; 02-14-09 at 11:23 PM.
    02-14-09 11:19 PM
    This is good news. I hope this means that an official update will come out soon for some "other" Storm owners..
    02-15-09 01:17 AM
    Is it normal for Rapidshare to have such slow download speed? First time I use that site.
    02-15-09 07:13 AM
    I'm going to downgrade to this one...
    02-15-09 08:02 AM
    installing from .78 (vodafone SPAIN)

in few moments I'll tell you how it works
    02-15-09 08:02 AM
    since i don't trust betas, this is what i've been waiting for since december 08.
    no problem so far after 10 hours of using, seems a bit more responsive.
    but i can not see qwerty keyborad in portrait mode, how come?
    02-15-09 09:59 AM
    Pros:

� Video recording bug solved!
    � Photo shooting faster (1s. vs 3-4s before) still slow compared to other phones, but acceptable now.
    � Multimedia gallery faster in showing photos / zooming in
    � Accelerometer better response.

Cons:

None

Overall, satisfied with this release.
    I don't see it faster, though this will be noticeable in everyday use.

Recommended for al Vodafone users
    02-15-09 10:01 AM
    I'm in Sydney and had MASSIVE signal issues. I disabled GPS in the Advanced Options and life improved dramatically. Can't explain why but the signal became rock solid and fixed my erratic signal perfectly.

I also updated to .100 Beta from .78 Official which gave me a better signal strength when locked on.

I am in the process of downloading .100 Official as .106 Beta was not good enough for me. I'm actually pleased to be able to use an Official Release rather than a Beta for a while anyway. I'll update on .100 Official late tonight.
    Thanks Pansop for your feedback but my problem with the radio was only with that firmware. yout talked about disabling the GPS and I noticed that in the .106 GPS is disabled by default and I think it is the first firmware having this.

Let me know how you go with it and I tried to install it but it is not showing up in DM after installing the file. I will download it again and try again

K.
    02-16-09 04:54 AM
    hey guys, this is the first time im trying to upgrade my OS, and I have followed all the instructions in kevins upgrading post, but nowhere in the DM does an update pop up, and when i go into the application loader -> software upgrade, the only thing i see is .78 and .6 something (downgrade)....I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything and i cant get it to work? does anyone have any suggestions as to why the .100 is not showing up? please help, because i am getting tired of this buggy OS..
    02-16-09 08:46 AM
    on your pc > start > Control panel > add remove programs > is the .100 software there? if not, its not installed on your pc
    02-16-09 08:50 AM
    Hi Nitu,

installing from .78 (vodafone SPAIN)
    in few moments I'll tell you how it works
    Can you tell me if this version has catalan language ?
    Thanks in advance for your response.
    02-16-09 09:43 AM
    on your pc > start > Control panel > add remove programs > is the .100 software there? if not, its not installed on your pc
    hey johnny,
    thanks for the quick reply...it is there, but only under Blackberry Device Software 4.7.0 for the Blackberry 9500 smartphone"..it doesnt actually specify that it is .100. But when i remove the program, then reinstall the .exe file i got from vodafone greece, it reappears, making me think it must be the .100. Now im far from computer illiterate, I have modded phones and psp's in the past, so this is not beyond me...but i just cant figure out why the upgrade does not show up in DM like it is supposed to? I have tried everything within my knowledge, but cannot figure out what else I can do to make it recognize the program...when i last plugged in my phone to the pc, the DM popped up with an update for MSN, so I know that the DM is working fine, as is the upgrade process, but it just does not seem to recognize the .100 software?? any help would be seriously appreciated..
    02-16-09 10:22 AM
    hey johnny,
    thanks for the quick reply...it is there, but only under Blackberry Device Software 4.7.0 for the Blackberry 9500 smartphone"..it doesnt actually specify that it is .100. But when i remove the program, then reinstall the .exe file i got from vodafone greece, it reappears, making me think it must be the .100. Now im far from computer illiterate, I have modded phones and psp's in the past, so this is not beyond me...but i just cant figure out why the upgrade does not show up in DM like it is supposed to? I have tried everything within my knowledge, but cannot figure out what else I can do to make it recognize the program...when i last plugged in my phone to the pc, the DM popped up with an update for MSN, so I know that the DM is working fine, as is the upgrade process, but it just does not seem to recognize the .100 software?? any help would be seriously appreciated..
    Disconnect from the internet while trying to upgrade.

If you highlight the entry in Add/Remove programs > Click 'click here for support information' link and it will tell you the full version of the firmware installed - 4.7.0.100

Launch DM > Application Loader > Update Software > Start > it should recognise .100 and show in the list. (make sure you are disconnected and that .100 is installedon the PC)
    02-16-09 11:14 AM
    Hi Nitu,

Can you tell me if this version has catalan language ?
    Thanks in advance for your response.
    es clar
    seems that blackberry treat us well, although there are (few) un-traducted words (in new config options)
    By the way, there is a bug in catalan language that is also un-solved in this version, in the call list, date is incorrectly put (instead of xx/yy where xx is day and yy is month, yy is replaced by minutes wierd isn't it ?�
    02-16-09 02:44 PM
    Disconnect from the internet while trying to upgrade.

If you highlight the entry in Add/Remove programs > Click 'click here for support information' link and it will tell you the full version of the firmware installed - 4.7.0.100

Launch DM > Application Loader > Update Software > Start > it should recognise .100 and show in the list. (make sure you are disconnected and that .100 is installedon the PC)
    hey johnny, thanks again for the help, i really appreciate it...unfortunately i tried this with the internet disconnected and nothing worked. I tried download .106 to see if maybe it was the actual .100 exe file, but the .106 wasnt recognized either...i must be doing something wrong, but i just dont understand what it is. I followed the exact steps you said to do, but after pressing start in the application loader, it says that there were no updates...im really frustrated because vodafone gives you 14 days to return your phone for another one, and I'm down to my last day...i really love the storm when it works, but the little bugs are really annoying..i thought this update would be the answer to all my problems...again, any help or suggestions would really be appreciated....if anyone on vodafone UK has successfully done it, maybe you could quickly outline the steps? i just dont get where i could be going wrong??
    02-16-09 04:26 PM
    hey johnny, thanks again for the help, i really appreciate it...unfortunately i tried this with the internet disconnected and nothing worked. I tried download .106 to see if maybe it was the actual .100 exe file, but the .106 wasnt recognized either...i must be doing something wrong, but i just dont understand what it is. I followed the exact steps you said to do, but after pressing start in the application loader, it says that there were no updates...im really frustrated because vodafone gives you 14 days to return your phone for another one, and I'm down to my last day...i really love the storm when it works, but the little bugs are really annoying..i thought this update would be the answer to all my problems...again, any help or suggestions would really be appreciated....if anyone on vodafone UK has successfully done it, maybe you could quickly outline the steps? i just dont get where i could be going wrong??
    This is really weired. I have been installing beta firmwares since I got my storm "2 months ago" and every time it went fine.

Since last night, I have formatted my computer and reinstalled everything. I cannot see like you any firmware. I came to work where I do it as well and with the same PC and everything I ususally use I cannot see the firmwares. I deleted the vendor.xml and I could only see the .106 . I tried to use the apploader straight from the folder with .106 and I bricked my phone badly. it would not restart and the red light would blink every 5 sec. I amanged to revive it by forcing the flash again somehow but now I still have the same problem with fear that I will briock my phone. something happend to my phone or soemthing.

K.
    02-16-09 05:49 PM
    Hi There,

es clar
    seems that blackberry treat us well, although there are (few) un-traducted words (in new config options)
    By the way, there is a bug in catalan language that is also un-solved in this version, in the call list, date is incorrectly put (instead of xx/yy where xx is day and yy is month, yy is replaced by minutes wierd isn't it ?�
    Gracies company!

I actually have beta .106 installed on my phone, it also has catalan language and the bug you refer on the call list is solved.
    02-17-09 04:44 AM
    Hi There,

Gracies company!

I actually have beta .106 installed on my phone, it also has catalan language and the bug you refer on the call list is solved.
    nice!
    will be waiting for official release though

salut!
    02-17-09 05:49 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD