02-25-09 12:59 PM
27 12
tools
    OK, so I'm going to try charging it all the way back up and will report back once I have had a chance to test a second time, but my sh!t just went from 3 bars to red LOW battery in about 45 minutes with absolutely no use!

I have never had any other battery issues with any other leak, and I have installed all of them, sans the hybrids.

The only things running in the background are:
    Phone
    BBM
    Home Screen
    Browser
    TalkLock
    Everything but TalkLock is always running and to this date, TalkLock has not caused any issues

Anyone else having any problems with battery life since upgrading to .109?
    02-24-09 08:02 PM
    I have noticed that when I upload a new OS, the best thing to do after its loaded is a battery pull...this has fixed it for me in the past.
    02-24-09 08:06 PM
    I upgraded to .103 a couple days ago (before .109 was out).. I had been running on .75 since it came out..

Anyway, the first day I used .103 my battery was HORRIBLE... But now it's working fine.. I've heard some people say after installing a new OS the battery sucks for a day or so, then returns to normal..

Makes no sense.. But that worked for me, lol... I'm not gonna jump to .109 yet.. Going to wait a few days and see what happens...

-Corey
    02-24-09 08:12 PM
    I am currently in the library, and my phone died on me 3 hours ago after a full charge since 9 AM since I upgraded to .109. Horrible. I ALSO have done a battery pull since the update.
    02-24-09 08:36 PM
    I dont see how people are such getting such vast differences in battery life every upgrade. I havent noticed any huge change at all in the past 3 OS' ive uploaded. With pretty regular use of my phone today (A bunch of texts, BBM, and a couple calls) taken off the charger at 1pm, The battery icon has just barely even started to disappear.
    02-24-09 09:04 PM
    do any of you use weatherbug? have you set your new location since upgrading? I believe that weatherbug keeps searching and searching until you set the location therefor KILLING your battery life... does this sound correct for any of you?
    02-24-09 09:09 PM
    do any of you use weatherbug? have you set your new location since upgrading? I believe that weatherbug keeps searching and searching until you set the location therefor KILLING your battery life... does this sound correct for any of you?
    That may be what it is... I don't see it running on the app switcher, but it doesn't stay on all the time. hmm good thought, thanks! I'll set the location and see if that will get it going again
    02-24-09 09:28 PM
    Good looking out, weather bug didn't even cross my mind. So I just checked and I had to re-add my location,which i have so hopefully this will help my battery life. Fingers crossed, cause everything else is awsome with .109.

*****EDIT******

Update, I set my weather bug app, and battery is running alot better than before, I guess it was sucking the life out of my battery, but its all good now.
    Last edited by rico204; 02-25-09 at 10:22 PM.
    02-24-09 09:43 PM
    Yeah so far I'd call battery consumption elevated in .109. It's still early to make a solid judgement though.
    02-24-09 09:43 PM
    Funny with 103 I could barely make it to 5. Since going to 109 I'm at 60% at 7:30. 109 better for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 09:48 PM
    i'm thinkin alot of these battery problems may be from weatherbug.. my wife's phone died this afternoon too. And she BARELY uses her phone other than to BBM me.. And that was minimal today and her phone died, but then again, i didn't put 109 on hers yet. hers is still 103... But mine is 109 and mine barely made it the whole day and that was only with a 12 minute call and some txt/bbm Hardly any internet or viigo. Another thing i did was set viigo to close instead of run in the background to try and save memory leak and battery..
    02-24-09 09:49 PM
    Also if you guys are running new Themes they are like a consistent program as well so they also run down your battery. every since in installed a plazmic theme my battery life has been worse and it finally clicked when i realized that they all show up under applications and are actually treated as a running program by the phone itself.
    02-24-09 09:56 PM
    i had the same problem with alot of the other OS leaks with Talklock installed on my phone. so i finally deleted talklock and bought stormlock from the CB store and i stay at <=40 MB all day
    02-24-09 10:02 PM
    i had the same problem with alot of the other OS leaks with Talklock installed on my phone. so i finally deleted talklock and bought stormlock from the CB store and i stay at <=40 MB all day
    what does your memory have to do with your battery life? just curious hehe.. But i may uninstall talklock and see if that helps with battery life...
    02-24-09 10:10 PM
    I had this same thing happen last night after I installed. Before going to bed I tossed it on the charger, set my weatherbug location and its been doing well since I took it off the charger at noon before heading here to work. Sitting around 85% after 10 hours of moderate usage. Though been pretty busy today so didn't get to do much. Did listen to some music before work and did some web browsing and messaging during work. Overall holding up pretty well. Will have to see if it continues like this and how well it does after this first full cycle.
    02-24-09 10:18 PM
    just because an app isnt in the app switcher doesnt means its not running. dev's can hide it. like stormlock, weatherbug, etc.

plus to the OP, talk lock IS running all the time, no matter if your on the phone or not.
    02-25-09 01:04 AM
    I am currently in the library, and my phone died on me 3 hours ago after a full charge since 9 AM since I upgraded to .109. Horrible. I ALSO have done a battery pull since the update.
    if you are somewhere where you don't get a signal the battery juices very fast
    02-25-09 01:36 AM
    After I went in and set my weatherbug location it seems to be doing better now. Still have full bars and I've been off the charger for about 4 hours now. Thanks all for the help!
    02-25-09 08:47 AM
    Battery life for me is worse with .109 than .103. Amazes me how so many people have different issues with the same OS. Sure we might be running different apps, etc....but damn!
    02-25-09 09:13 AM
    ill second that. i didnt run .103 enough to make a judgement on that, but .99 has been the best OS, battery-wise for me.

.109 ive had running for almost 36 hours and im at 35%. typically im at 55-60% after this amount of time when on .99 i did do a battery pull last night when i was at 50% though, so i'll update in a few days to see if post-reboot battery life is better or worse.

edit: im also religious about closing apps most of the time. i dont run weatherbug or BBM either, though i do leave google maps on here and there.
    02-25-09 09:41 AM
    if you are somewhere where you don't get a signal the battery juices very fast
    Very good point that some people may over look. Anytime you're in a place that has a not so good signal your phone will "search" alot and can use alot of battery.
    02-25-09 10:40 AM
    it seems that the programs arent running in the background but the modules always are. check your memory after a restart then delete apps you dont want that dont normally run and you see a difference. i took off unwanted themes and other things and now i start at around 44mb
    02-25-09 10:49 AM
    Yeah so far I'd call battery consumption elevated in .109. It's still early to make a solid judgement though.
    Just an update on this...

No battery pull since install. Yesterday with light use I was at 50% by lunchtime. Today, I still have 85% with moderate-heavy use.
    02-25-09 11:23 AM
    it seems that the programs arent running in the background but the modules always are. check your memory after a restart then delete apps you dont want that dont normally run and you see a difference. i took off unwanted themes and other things and now i start at around 44mb
    i don't mean to sound ignorant or anything, but if you delete something from your berry, of course you are going to have more memory. You are no longer storying the files in the application memory. this means nothing as far as them actually running in the background. If you delete unwanted stock pictures, your memory will increase too, but they don't run in the background. Just clarifying.
    02-25-09 11:42 AM
    I would try running your batter all the way down until the Verizon sign off comes up, then do a battery pull, then a full uninterrupted charge. I had the similar problem ..Now I have great batter life
    02-25-09 12:06 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD