Ok Hi I'm new. I've been reading here a little bit since I got my Storm about a week ago. Anyway I loved it until today... It's been so slow today I can hardly use it. It keeps showing the clock icon in the middle of the screen. I've tried pulling the battery/turning it off. This is my first BB and I really didn't have any idea this phone did so much. I'm just really frustrated. Oh and I can't use the search fuction because it's blocked for me at work and it would take me a million years to use my BB to do this.
    01-22-09 02:21 PM
    try the batt pull again .. or upgrade your os to a newer leaked version .. or exchange your phone .
    01-22-09 02:43 PM
    Ok Hi I'm new. I've been reading here a little bit since I got my Storm about a week ago. Anyway I loved it until today... It's been so slow today I can hardly use it. It keeps showing the clock icon in the middle of the screen. I've tried pulling the battery/turning it off. This is my first BB and I really didn't have any idea this phone did so much. I'm just really frustrated. Oh and I can't use the search fuction because it's blocked for me at work and it would take me a million years to use my BB to do this.
    Dont break your phone. There's a few things to do...

1. Make sure all of your applications are closed out.
    2. Go to security options, memory cleaning, and clean your memory.
    3. Go to your internet browser and clear the cache.
    4. Do a battery pull.

Try it again.
    You may also try to clear your event log, might help. Others have also suggested deleting any programs from the fone u dont use (VVW, VZNav, etc...
    01-22-09 02:45 PM
    Dont break your phone. There's a few things to do...

1. Make sure all of your applications are closed out.
    2. Go to security options, memory cleaning, and clean your memory.
    3. Go to your internet browser and clear the cache.
    4. Do a battery pull.

Try it again.
    You may also try to clear your event log, might help. Others have also suggested deleting any programs from the fone u dont use (VVW, VZNav, etc...
    +1 on the Memory cleaning - that should help quite a bit.

How long are you leaving the battery out for when doing the hard reset?
    01-22-09 02:51 PM
    don't break your phone, just go get a cruve already.
    01-22-09 02:53 PM
    Get a different device.
    01-22-09 03:46 PM
    Check the current OS to make sure it is not .65. If it is .65, quickly update your phone through the Options>Advanced Options>Wireless Update to recieve the official .75 update. If it is .75, try the battery pull again like mentioned above and keep it out for atleast 30 seconds. After doing that if it still running slowly, clear the browser cache, close any running applications, run memory cleaner, create folders to clean up the home screen and clear the event log.

Good luck!
    01-23-09 04:13 AM
    I see the loading clock and I am also on .75 so we are moving slow as ****t! I had this on my old phone and on my replacement and it is just saying update my OS already!
    01-23-09 04:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD