Had my Storm since late November and I was running the stock OS (.75). I got fed up waiting on VZW for an update and upgraded to the .141. Loved everything about it but the lock malfunction was a dealbreaker for me and I went back to .75.

I just tried to upgrade to the .132 and apploader won't recognize the download. What did I do wrong.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Also, less important but I'm still wondering. Before my upgrade to the .141, I was able to get only one line of icons on the homescreen and I have not been able to get that back. Ideas?
    Last edited by KrisS2C; 05-15-09 at 09:51 PM.
    05-15-09 09:48 PM
    They have a fix for the lock malfunction if you search for a program called crackutility you could have used that it is a easy 1 min fix. There are step by step instructions.
    05-15-09 09:53 PM
    DM won't even let me go back to .141. It won't recognize any new OS that install. Did I fry it somehow?
    05-15-09 09:59 PM
    did you delete the vendor.xml file?
    05-15-09 10:01 PM
    DM won't even let me go back to .141. It won't recognize any new OS that install. Did I fry it somehow?
    Try installing your new OS via AppLoader which is located here:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    05-15-09 10:04 PM
    Man if all else fails go to control panel and go to add remove programs or if u use Vista (I'm not a Mac user) click Programs and Features then uninstall the device software for .141 and the Desktop Manager and then reinstall the Desktop Manager....that works everytime. Also for more tips go to blackberry-storm-apps.blogspot.com.
    05-15-09 10:08 PM
    Yes, I deleted the vendor file and I tried upgrading from common files.
    05-15-09 10:13 PM
    Man if all else fails go to control panel and go to add remove programs or if u use Vista (I'm not a Mac user) click Programs and Features then uninstall the device software for .141 and the Desktop Manager and then reinstall the Desktop Manager....that works everytime. Also for more tips go to blackberry-storm-apps.blogspot.com.

Thanks I will try this next.
    05-15-09 10:14 PM
    Try installing your new OS via AppLoader which is located here:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    This is probably the fastest and easiest way. I've done tons of o.s. Installs this way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 10:21 PM
    This is probably the fastest and easiest way. I've done tons of o.s. Installs this way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    +1 to that, but also delete any os from your computer that you do not intend to currently install.
    05-15-09 10:37 PM
    Sounds like yo may need to read this

WHY WON'T MY OS UPDATE?? I DELETED THE VENDOR XML FILE!!

Good luck and welcome to the beta side of the Storm.
    05-15-09 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD