Anybody try yet? What will we get/not get?
    11-24-08 01:46 PM
    dude ur doing it wrong
    11-24-08 01:48 PM
    Hate to break it to you... Verizon is cdma; their devices utilize esn's, not sim cards.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 01:53 PM
    good luck trying to get that SIM into the iPhone
    11-24-08 01:54 PM
    I realize this.

If an ATT SIM allows the GSM functions of the Storm to work on the ATT network, why wouldnt the Verizon SIM in a GSM phone work? If that VZW SIM is what allows you to use the Storm around the world on other GSM networks, why wouldnt putting that SIM in a GSM phone like the iPhone or (keeping it blackberry related) the Bold, allow a GSM phone to work for VZW? Or atleast roam but let you keep ur service with Verizon.
    11-24-08 02:13 PM
    Look - bottom line is that it isn't going to work, and in all honesty, I can see where you're coming from. This just isn't the way it is.

11-24-08 02:16 PM
    11-24-08 02:22 PM
    Hahahaha LoL too funny!
    11-24-08 02:25 PM
    I just want you to know that I'm hungover, running on an hour's sleep, want to kill my employees... But you, my friend, have just made my day.

11-24-08 02:27 PM
    ill be the first to icard: myself with this question, believe me.

Ive just never seen a definitive answer to the question. Most posts on the web say "verzion doesnt use sim cards, period", but yet..

lookie there... a VZW/Vodaphone SIM... so I was hoping one of you guys who jumped from ATT to Verizon or happen to have both phones handy may have tried or could try n see what happens.. for ****s n giggles if nothing else.
    11-24-08 02:28 PM
    The reasoning is because the Verizon SIM won't access the Verizon network here in the US. The only way the VZW (or sprint, alltell, US Cellular, for that metter) network can be accessed is through a CDMA phone. Just because the SIM card says Verizon doesn't mean you will be accessing the Verizon network through GSM.

11-24-08 02:28 PM
    ill be the first to icard: myself with this question, believe me.

Ive just never seen a definitive answer to the question. Most posts on the web say "verzion doesnt use sim cards, period", but yet..

lookie there... a VZW/Vodaphone SIM... so I was hoping one of you guys who jumped from ATT to Verizon or happen to have both phones handy may have tried or could try n see what happens.. for ****s n giggles if nothing else.
    Lookie there. Please note that vodafone is an international carrier, not domestic. This has been addressed several times. Intl carriers are gsm almost exclusively. Vodafone and vzw are one in the same, nearly. Of course vodafone will have a sim card. This, however, is not how it works here in the states. Vzw does NOT use sim cards here. Period.

11-24-08 02:30 PM
    So a Verizon phone with GSM abilities wont roam onto a GSM network in the states.. will only GSM outside of the country?
    11-24-08 02:31 PM
    Verizon uses a CDMA network. The SIM card is for Vodafone, when you roam internationally, and have it on your Verizon plan. The SIM card itself is useless in the United States. If you had an unlocked Storm, you could use a AT&T or T-Mobile SIM instead of the Vodafone SIM card. Vodafone has pretty broad coverage in Europe and that's what that card is for.
    11-24-08 02:39 PM
    Verizon in the states does not recognize SIM identities. Their network is built in a way that doesn't use a SIM id to identify a device. Thats it. It won't work. the SIM card isn't used with Verizon
    11-24-08 02:43 PM
    Verizon uses a CDMA network. The SIM card is for Vodafone, when you roam internationally, and have it on your Verizon plan. The SIM card itself is useless in the United States. If you had an unlocked Storm, you could use a AT&T or T-Mobile SIM instead of the Vodafone SIM card. Vodafone has pretty broad coverage in Europe and that's what that card is for.
    Now you're getting it!
    11-24-08 07:39 PM
    Yep, VZW has no roaming agreements in the states with T-mo or att (the GSM carriers). The SIM is for roaming to Vodafone (VZW's majority owner) outside the country.

11-24-08 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD