Do any exist for the Storm? Me and a friend (Iphone user) went to get screen protectors/cases for our respective phones a couple of days ago, and I got the VZW screen protectors on sale. They work great, I cant see it at all and my screen is protected from scratches. The only problem is, like many screen protectors, it shows all smudges and oil. My friend went into the Apple store and bought a pack of 3 screen protectors for his iphone that were oil-free. They lessened the quality of the screen a very abysmal amount, but it now has a smooth feel to it and no smudges or oil whatsoever. Does such a protector exist yet for the storm? I was maybe thinking of seeing if I can cut the iphone protector to fit the storm.

Cheers all!
    12-31-08 02:49 AM
    Did you know that the storm screen is actually glass and it doesn't really scratch? there were previous news on crackberry scratch test with a knife.

You watch this video if you not convinced
    www_youtube_com/watch?v=rRLscm8G8Q0
    **Replace "_" with "."**

My experiences with oil on the screen is normal just need to frequently clean it with a mircofiber or cotton cloth.
    12-31-08 04:05 AM
    PPC Techs make the Write Shield screen protectors. I received mine today and the improvement is 100% over the preinstalled or the Verizon screen protectors. I use the Anti-Glare one and it resists fingerprints better than any other I have ever tried. I have used their products on my last 3 Smart Phones and PDA's and I have never had to use more than one. They cost a little more but they are worth every penny.

EDIT: Sorry forgot to mention... When you go to choose your device on the website, the Storm is listed all the way at the bottom of the Blackberry list and does not currently have a picture.
    Last edited by GrogIam; 12-31-08 at 06:51 PM.
    12-31-08 02:48 PM
    PPC Techs make the Write Shield screen protectors. I received mine today and the improvement is 100% over the preinstalled or the Verizon screen protectors. I use the Anti-Glare one and it resists fingerprints better than any other I have ever tried. I have used their products on my last 3 Smart Phones and PDA's and I have never had to use more than one. They cost a little more but they are worth every penny.
    Went to their website, but couldn't find anything for the Storm, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

EDIT: Nevermind, just overlooked it. It's at the very bottom, just doesn't have pic.
    Last edited by Tumaz04; 12-31-08 at 06:17 PM.
    12-31-08 06:13 PM
    Did you know that the storm screen is actually glass and it doesn't really scratch? there were previous news on crackberry scratch test with a knife.

You watch this video if you not convinced
    www_youtube_com/watch?v=rRLscm8G8Q0
    **Replace "_" with "."**

My experiences with oil on the screen is normal just need to frequently clean it with a mircofiber or cotton cloth.

It will scratch unless it's made out of a diamond.

However- it does seem to resist scratches.
    01-01-09 01:12 AM
    Boxwave is great IMO
    01-01-09 01:23 AM
    I find that if i just run without a screen protector and clean it real good with eye glass cloth and remove all the oil that I can not use the touch screen very well as a result when you are swiping up or down, left or right. Your finger drags on it since it is not oily anymore and things to not sense your touch as well. Once it gets oily again it is OK. I do not notice the drag with a screen protector in place after cleaning it.
    01-01-09 01:58 AM
    I just received my boxwave screen protector yesterday (anti glare) and love it. It is smooth was easy to apply and has a great feel.
    01-01-09 02:03 AM
    I've got a new pack of Verizon protectors but I'm using the shipping film that came on it for now. Zero bubbles but the display isn't as vibrant since its not as clear as a screen protector.
    01-01-09 02:46 AM
    Got my storm almost a week ago. It seems to resist scratches. I clean it with non-streaking (computer) screen cleaner and a soft cloth...looks just like new. I am going to get a carrying case for it though.
    01-01-09 07:44 AM
    Using the protector that came on it and not planning to buy a replacement for now.
    01-01-09 07:52 AM
    Using the protector that came on it and not planning to buy a replacement for now.
    That "protector" was really just meant to protect the screen from getting smudged while shipping so when you take it off the screen is in pristine condition. It's not really intended to be used as a full on screen protector.
    01-01-09 11:54 AM
    To be honest I love my Invisible Shield, not had any problems with it and is 100% scratch proof - ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
    I think they may even have a sale on at the moment
    01-01-09 12:33 PM
    IS for me too, no "oil" problems either, just wipe clean with cloth and proper solutions
    01-01-09 01:09 PM
    I installed the bestskinsever on my storm and my wifes dare, fingerprints are almost nonexistent with bestskinsever. And the screen is just as sensitive.
    01-11-09 02:38 PM
    I just orderd my zagg invisible shield there really good and right now theres a 50% off coupon u can use
    01-11-09 03:02 PM
    zagg sucks people...

ppc techs is the only oil free screen protector, and it actually improves screen sensitivity. blows all other screen potectors out of the water.

PPC Techs Blackberry Storm WriteSHIELD� anti-GLARE 1-Pak Mini-Kit
    01-11-09 03:06 PM
    PPC Techs is EXPENSIVE IMO. I just got the 3 pack from right here at Crackberry. They were $14.95 for 3, they're cut to fit perfectly, and they're fingerprint free and non-glare as well. The screen has a "silky" feel to it now which is very nice for typing and there are no fingerprints at all. I play Word Mole a lot and when I used the VZW proctors, the phantomskins, etc., they all left lots of oily residue behind after just minimal use. I'm very happy with these from Crackberry as they are washable and reusable as well. A great product and a good price too.
    01-11-09 04:22 PM
    I just got the 3 pack from right here at Crackberry. They were $14.95 for 3, they're cut to fit perfectly, and they're fingerprint free and non-glare as well. The screen has a "silky" feel to it now which is very nice for typing and there are no fingerprints at all. I play Word Mole a lot and when I used the VZW proctors, the phantomskins, etc., they all left lots of oily residue behind after just minimal use. I'm very happy with these from Crackberry as they are washable and reusable as well. A great product and a good price too.
    how do these protectors stick to the screen? is it similar to how the vzw protectors worked (sticky adhesive)?

i have a couple specs of dust under my verizon protector and would rather replace it with something i know could be removed, cleaned and re-applied. so, i'm wondering how these stick on and therefore, how reusable they really are.

thanks.
    01-11-09 04:31 PM
    Just grab the same ones your friend got for his iPhone if you like those. Cut it down to size and install. Simple. You just need to take the time to properly size it the very first them, then once you have a perfect fit, you can then use that protector as a guide for cutting others to the right size. This is what I do and it works great.

BTW, I use iPod protectors. The kind that have the static cling ability. The nice part about these is that you can wash them with warm water and soft soap to get them perfectly clean after a lot of use. Carefully air dry them to be dust free and reapply to the Storm. Just like new... I kid you not. I used to do the same thing with my static cling PSP screen protectors.
    01-11-09 04:41 PM
    zagg sucks people...

ppc techs is the only oil free screen protector, and it actually improves screen sensitivity. blows all other screen potectors out of the water.

PPC Techs Blackberry Storm WriteSHIELD� anti-GLARE 1-Pak Mini-Kit
    They are expensive but then you get what you pay for. At least in this case.
    01-11-09 05:13 PM
    how do these protectors stick to the screen? is it similar to how the vzw protectors worked (sticky adhesive)?

i have a couple specs of dust under my verizon protector and would rather replace it with something i know could be removed, cleaned and re-applied. so, i'm wondering how these stick on and therefore, how reusable they really are.

thanks.
    They go on with a static cling/very light adhesive. Civic's post below describes it perfectly and they wash and reapply just as easily according to the specs. I've only had mine on there since Friday, but I really love the feel and the look of the screen and it doesn't interfere with screen sensitivity or function at all. I'm very pleased.
    01-11-09 05:22 PM
    PPC Techs is EXPENSIVE IMO. I just got the 3 pack from right here at Crackberry. They were $14.95 for 3, they're cut to fit perfectly, and they're fingerprint free and non-glare as well. The screen has a "silky" feel to it now which is very nice for typing and there are no fingerprints at all. I play Word Mole a lot and when I used the VZW proctors, the phantomskins, etc., they all left lots of oily residue behind after just minimal use. I'm very happy with these from Crackberry as they are washable and reusable as well. A great product and a good price too.
    What about the screen quality? Does it degrade the clarity of the screen? I love the crispness that comes with not having a protector at all but the smudges annoy me and seriously affect the smoothness of screen after a while.
    02-25-09 03:42 PM
    Just bought! I hate hate hate the finger prints / oil crap I have to deal with.

Hoping this will fit the bill.
    02-25-09 04:11 PM
    I just received my boxwave screen protector yesterday (anti glare) and love it. It is smooth was easy to apply and has a great feel.
    +1 almost zero fingerprinting.
    02-25-09 04:14 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD