When they release an official OS upgrade do you need to back everything up like you do with the leaked ones, 3rd party apps and all? .75 was on my phone when I got it and I haven't used any of the leaked ones but was wondering if the process was the same.

Thanks
    01-29-09 04:49 PM
    Always back everything up. You never know when you will have a problem with any upgrade (weather leaked or not).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 05:19 PM
    Always good to back up your device but if you download ota it will be fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 06:14 PM
    Other than info being on the vendor file there really isnt any difference between a leaked OS and an official one. Folks who know have stated this over and over again.

That being said, the install of a leaked is the exact same as an official one. Only difference really is that the official one will be available OTA.
    01-29-09 08:11 PM
    I guess that is the question that I am asking, if I do the upgrade OTA will all my 3rd party apps stay or will I need to reinstall them?
    01-29-09 09:01 PM
    I guess that is the question that I am asking, if I do the upgrade OTA will all my 3rd party apps stay or will I need to reinstall them?
    Dunno bc I've never tried OTA as I think it blows. DM is the way to go for OS upgrades. If you do a stack install (upgrade over the OS you already have), DM will auto backup and restore your info including 3rd Party Apps.
    01-29-09 09:03 PM
    Assuming your computer is running in a Windows environment, it is a good idea to make a backup on a regular basis, just in case.

The OTA should not change your settings, just as an upgrade without a wipe should not change your settings.

But always be careful and make a backup incase something goes wrong during the update process.
    01-29-09 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD